Chapter 1

Best Part: The Story of Us

The lass was looking up at her room’s ceiling, staring blankly at it. This was the first time that she found herself so engrossed in something not even worth thinking about in the first place. But come to think of it, this was so important actually. Her grade depends on this and especially her graduation. She wanted to do the thesis solo, but their professor changed his instructions and made the individual policy into pairs to her surprise.

 

Not to mention, she got the person she least expected to be her pair, Kim Sunwoo. Kim Sunwoo came from a well-off family that belonged to the upper-class and was one of the most influential families in the country due to their grandfather’s world-class upbringing and leadership in business. Kim Sunwoo was the least she thought of of becoming her partner in doing their thesis since the guy was more into getting involved with things she didn’t want to get involved with. But looks like fate is playing with her this time.

 

She was seeing this as a challenge. Like some kind of hindrance before she gets to hold her trophy so to make her worth holding it. That trophy was graduation and of course, she was one of the potential honor students in their graduating batch so she should do this passionately because if not, years of hard work will be put to waste just because of one mistake.

 

The lass had finally made up her mind as she pushed herself up on her bed and started thinking on how to communicate with the notorious boy when he didn’t even give her his contact number or anything that she can use as means of communication for him. Not even his address. Well, address is a no no for her either if you’ll ask her.

 

She wouldn’t just give her address to some stranger anyway. They were both strangers to each other especially her to Sunwoo since she was not a popular student in school unlike the great Kim Sunwoo. She was just popular within the dimension of her profs because of her impressive educational achievement. It was different if you came from a well-off family compared to just being an average individual from the middle class who does good in their studies.

 

But she wasn’t complaining, not even a bit. In fact she enjoys the privacy she has because she can’t stand the situation of having people stick their nose on your business as if it’s theirs. Which explains how disappointed she was upon knowing who her partner is.

 

“Okay, enough with the complaining. Let’s be productive, Jiwoo.” She mumbled to herself but sighed as she stood up and walked like a zombie to her bathroom.

 

After doing her morning routine, she went out wearing fresh clothes and was already a bit more awake since she just finished taking a shower. She prepped up in front of her vanity mirror, just light makeup so she won’t look too pale since she has pale skin which explains why her friends sometimes think that she wasn’t okay just because of that.

 

When she was done, she gets her bag and checked if her things needed were inside, especially her laptop and the charger, her notes, and other stuffs useful. She’ll be spending a lot of time today at the café for her to be productive. Her room was no help since her bed was like a magnet that pulls her towards it. So instead of working, she’ll end up laying down and sleeps. She wouldn’t want that since she has a new buddy this time and not just her.

 

She went out of her place at exactly 9:30 in the morning. It was a Saturday so maybe the café will be packed if she gets there a bit later than 10. She then arrived at the café at around 10:10 and thankfully, there were only a few people there. She loved this café since it wasn’t only affordable but the ambiance was perfect for students who are trying to be productive. There weren’t that much noises but only the murmurs of people inside, the sound of the counter, sound of utensils and glasses being prepared for drinks, the smell of coffee and the soft music. It was just perfect. She suddenly forgot that she didn’t have Sunwoo’s number for the second time because of how comfortable she was right now inside the café.

 

She looked at her wristwatch after some time and smirked playfully to herself since she knew she’ll be here until 7PM again or even way later than that. Thesis isn’t a joke at all and it may just look simple when you are still starting but when you get to the main point, that’s when the complicated things come. So she’s just hoping that Sunwoo will cooperate on this because it won’t be her loss only but his as well.

 

“Great. I don’t have his number.” She now recovered as she remembered that she’ll be doing the brainstorming this time since Sunwoo won’t be around today. “Fine, it’s alright.”

 

But after an hour of being there with just her laptop and iced americano as her companion, she sensed a familiar someone near her and saw a familiar figure on her peripheral vision but decided not to pay attention since she was so into what she was doing already.

 

“Jiwoo?” she heard a familiar voice and when she looked up, she saw the smirking face of none other than Kim Sunwoo.

 

Wow, is she being played right now? Imagining him here?

 

“Hey.” He nudged her and she had to shake her head a bit and blink her eyes a few times to really make herself believe that it was him.

 

“What are you doing here?” she asked as she sounded so defensive all of a sudden.

 

“Can’t I come to my favorite place?” he asked with a raised eyebrow. He then walked closer and peeped on her laptop and smirked. “Thesis?”

 

“OUR thesis.” She corrected as she didn’t lift her face to look at him but just her eyes as she felt a bit annoyed by his presence.

 

Sunwoo chuckled which made Jiwoo annoyed even more. “Oh, yeah. You can do that on your own. It’s not that hard for someone like you, right?”

 

She wasn’t sure if he was teasing her or maybe he was just this insensitive.

 

“Have a good day, Kim.” He nodded and was about to leave.

 

“My day was good but sadly I saw you.” She managed to blurt before he was out of hearing capacity so he turned around and scoffed when he heard what she said.

 

She was shocked but she straightened her posture to show him that she was serious.

 

“Say thank you for now that I won’t be destroying your day any further.” He mumbled with a straight face before he went through the counter which made her wonder how the hell was he allowed.

 

“Wtf.” She mumbled to herself and blushed hard both in embarrassment and realization. She heard one of the employees call Sunwoo ‘boss’ and she mentally slapped herself. Her favorite café is her partner’s property?

 

 

 

 

Hi, my dear readers! Chapter 1 is posted, I hope you like it. Tune in for the next chapters to come. Bye bye for now~