A Silent Sketch

Again... -HIATUS-
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hana Park, the elusive fashion stylist and designer, inhabited a world of her own. Her sanctuary was a sunlit corner by the window, where she sat sketching, earphones in place. The music remained muted; its purpose was not to entertain, but to ward off intruders when solitude was her sole desire.

To those who glimpsed her from afar, Hana appeared stern, a woman of unyielding seriousness. Yet, this façade belied a past woven with laughter and shared secrets.

October 2003

“Boo!” Hana’s sudden exclamation made the other person jump, scattering papers in surprise. “Scaredy cat!”

“Aish!” He glared at her, gathering his belongings. “How did you find out?”

“Heejin-eonnie called,” Hana replied, her voice softening. “She said you were leaving for auditions. I wanted to see you before we both departed from this place.”

“You’re leaving?”

“We’re going to Canada. Dad got transferred to the head office there.”

“Will you come back?”

“Not sure,” Hana hesitated, “but I believe our paths will cross again someday. You’re destined for stardom—I can see it.”

February 2005

“Hana-eonnie! You’re finally here!”

“Hyejin-sshi,” Hana replied, “it’s no easy feat traveling from Canada. Luckily, last-minute cancellations secured me a seat. Why meet at a theme park? And why the disguise?”

“I’m thrilled you made it,” Hyejin grinned. “Can’t wait for you to meet my boyfriend.”

“Boyfriend? Again?” Hana sighed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter