may i love you with everything i can?

resting place of your cheeks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Growing up as the most known child of the most famous wizard couple in the wizarding world, Monday had no problems getting others' attention on her. She asks for something from her parents, she gets it. She demands something from people, she gets it. At times, she doesn’t even ask yet they still give her something. It’s just the way of how she lived.

She knows that not all of her friends, not all people that talk to her, have good intentions with her. As someone that can be identified easily, spotted easily, Monday knows that not all that approaches her means well. Some just want to flourish with the power and attention with being seen, or even more, be known as Kim Monday’s friend or acquaintance. She’s been exposed to these kinds of people well enough that she can tell if a person has bad intentions with her with just one look, and when she meets them, she just ignores them.

They’re not worth her day, Monday would always think.

So now, she wonders, how she turned from someone who could care less about having everyone’s attention on her, to being grumpy and moody when a certain Hufflepuff, ignores her? And to add up, said Hufflepuff is a freaking muggle!

Not that she has growing hatred for muggles. Monday doesn’t have anything against muggles, she doesn’t hate them, but she can’t particularly say that she likes them too, let’s say she lies merely in the in-between. She just constantly wonders – and mind you, she’s been wondering about this ever since she had stepped on the train leading to Hogwarts, sharing a cabin in the train with a muggle who she never would have thought would be one of her best friends – how these muggles get to be picked by the Wizard Gods to join the Wizarding World when they have no involvement to magic?

It just doesn’t make sense to her, but she had let go of the deep, underlying feeling of unfairness that had grown inside her.

Because she had other things to think about.

Or rather, she has a person to pay attention to rather than worry about these trivial, useless things.

Lee Jaehee.

The popular Slytherin seethes on her seat from the far-right corner of the Big Hall as she watches with her skilled cat-like eyes as her Hufflepuff leans more to her back as she talks to someone from the Gryffindor side that someone Monday knows, Jaehee’s right arm stretched as she holds the table so she won’t fall, her back pressed against another Gryffindor that Monday doesn’t know. Jaehee’s talking to a Gryffindor Monday could remember owns the name Lua and Jaehee’s face seems light, just like the light that emits from the chandeliers situated above them, an elation that she sees on Jaehee’s face whenever she’s with her.

Monday rolls her eyes. So someone can light up Jaehee’s face other than her?

That’s just ridiculous.

Monday scoffs loudly, grabbing her cup of pumpkin juice – the same juice she hated when she first got to Hogwarts but now has grown on her – aggressively, chugging it down as she takes some attention from her tablemates with her brash actions. She can’t help but let her frustrations out with her actions, and it’s frustrating her more that she’s frustrated at the thought of someone else getting to be the subject of Jaehee’s sunny smiles.

Hyunjin, a fellow Slytherin but a 3rd-year student, furrows her eyebrows and squints her eyes from across the known Kim, seeing her hold on her utensils tightening. “You seem to be upset Monday, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing you should worry yourself with, ” Monday sasses, turning away from Hyunjin’s direction, and the cat knows better than to take the younger’s sass to heart so she laughs.

But Hyunjin wouldn’t be put to Slytherin if she’s just going to let this go, would she?

Hyunjin leans on the table and stops eating her bread, turning her head towards Monday who avoids her gaze. “Of course, it’s something I should worry myself with, your eyebrows are already touching each other. Sooner or later, I might just get the news that the Slytherin common room might be filled with green goo again.”

Everyone knows that Monday has a short temper and when the fuse runs out, Monday seems to have this pathological need to bomb their common room with green goo that doesn’t go away for days.

Some of it is still stuck under the couches.

“It’s Jaehee.” The mere mention of the girl’s name makes Monday’s hair stand.

Monday turns towards Jiyoon dramatically, throwing her infamous glare that sadly has no effect on her best friend, the smaller of the two smirking to heighten the growing annoyance on Monday. “How did you know?”

Jiyoon scoffs from the other table and turns her back on her table, putting both of her elbows on the wooden furniture, returning the smirk she had on her face. The muggle leans in and tilts her head, having fun knowing that she’s lifting the suspense as every second passes with her silence.

“You’ve been looking at her this whole time.” Jiyoon all but whispers, exposing her Slytherin best friend to not only her housemates but also to some Ravenclaws. “Tell me, do you like her or something?”

“That’s none of your business!” Monday exclaims with her blush exploding across her cheeks. Jiyoon grins and nods her head. The muggle returns to her previous sitting position, satisfied.

“Don’t worry yourself about answering, I already got your answer.” Monday rolls her eyes and folds her arms on her chest, appetite already ruined.

And that’s how the rich Slytherin spent her whole eating time, sulking over being exposed of liking a certain Hufflepuff, changing her posture from having her arms crossed on her chest to putting her chin on her hand as she rests it on the table, staring at the food in front of her.

“Monnie? Are you well? I noticed you have been sad.” The appearance of that familiar voice earns Monday the loudest squealing from her table, and the Slytherin’s cheeks automatically turn red just like those weird lights Jaehee had told her about that muggles hung around when December comes around. Monday pulls her head up and sighs before she faces the cause of her dilemma, quickly losing herself in those worried, innocent eyes the moment Jaehee’s eyes caught hers.

“Are you okay? Do you feel unwell? Did you get sick because of the bedbugs?” The whole table turns to her when they heard the word bedbugs, and she sends them all her infamous glares that make most students tremble, but her table already knows that they’re harmless. She rolls her eyes and grabs Jaehee’s hand, standing up and leading her away from her crack- table that’s now hollering about how Monday seems to be so soft when it comes to a Hufflepuff.

Despite the glares coming from the headmaster seated on the podium, Monday still leads Jaehee out of the hall and to the hallways. Leaning her back on the wall, Monday sets Jaehee in front of her, her sizzling temper slowly lowering because of Jaehee’s innocent look. The Hufflepuff purses her lips and raises her eyebrows, quite disturbed that her Monday’s not talking. “Monday? What’s wrong?”

Monday sighs, quite angry with herself because she can’t even stay upset with Jaehee for at least two seconds. Crossing her arms, Monday asks her question with her eyes glued to Jaehee’s odd shoes, quite perturbed because it has sparkles and the side of it glows when Jaehee taps the tip of it on the floor. “W-Who was that?”

Jaehee reaches out and gently holds Monday’s chin between her thumb and forefinger, raising the sulking Slytherin’s face. When she gets the eye contact that she wants, Jaehee smiles, her eyebrows dancing. “Who was what?”

“The one you were leaning on,” Monday bites the inside of her cheeks. “The Gryffindor.” The Hufflepuff’s face frowns for a moment, obviously thinking about what the Slytherin was pertaining. When she pinpoints the cause of Monday’s dilemma, she makes an oh face.

“Oh! Were you looking at me?” Jaehee asks, her face void of anything except innocence. Monday just wants to evaporate and forget that this conversation ever happened.

But then that would mean she would forget the worried look on Jaehee’s face when she asked her what was wrong.

She doesn’t want that, so instead, she continues the conversation where the oblivious, aka Jaehee, doesn’t get that the sulky, aka her, is jealous.

Monday thinks that this will be a daily occurrence if she’ll finally get out of her and finally tell Jaehee that she likes her.

“I am always looking at you, Jaehee.” The Hufflepuff glows brightly at Monday’s words, her cheeks rising up as she smiles widely.

“The Gryffindor…” Jaehee’s eyes turn wide. “That

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter