Final

Off my face

'Cause I’m off my face, in love with you

I’m out my head so into you

And I don’t know how you do it 

But I’m forever ruined by you 

We’re all gathered in your dorm, listening to your recently released melody project. We’re all in awe of your rendition, how you sang it so flawlessly, well, at least for me. 

I looked at you and see how your eyes are in tears, happy and proud with the success of your project. And then you look my way, our eyes met, I wanted to look away but I can’t, I always can’t. I’m always drawn by those round eyes. You smiled at me, and I smiled in return forgetting the others around us, forgetting everything around us. 

Suddenly, your phone rang, shattering my dream, my heart. Just by your smile and how your eyes light up just by looking at the name of the caller, I know it’s him. 

You stood up, excusing yourself, as the others tease you. I just smiled but not the same smile as earlier. It was to mask the pain, the hurt of knowing I can never be that person for you. 

I stood up as well, excusing myself, returning to my dorm. I went to my room, my lamp and replayed your song. 

'Cause I’m off my face, in love with you

I’m out my head so into you

And I don’t know how you do it 

But I’m forever ruined by you 

Tears are now running down my face, I tried to stop it, I really do, but I can’t. They keep on flowing as I continue to listen to your song. 

Your song clearly reflects how I feel about you, every words, the melody, the emotions, everything fits perfectly. While it is beautiful, it is also painful that I’ve done nothing but cry.

I was crying knowing how I’m so into you but you’re not into me. How you are my world but to yours, I’m just in it. How I don’t hate that you keep me up, and even though I’m sober, I’m so drunk with the thoughts of you. 

Indeed, I’m so in love with you and I didn’t even know how you do it but I’m also forever ruined by you, my dear Chaeyoung.