Of mishaps and demon friends

Of Parks and Pink hues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



I’m on a slump and my brain is hardwired for vacation these days so sorry for not updating my fics lol. 


..................................................................................

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Kim Yerim, I am not doing this!” sneered Rosé as she tried to remove the hands pushing her back.

 

 

It was another night of the friends hanging out in the bar. It was a long day in university and though it’s only Thursday, they have no classes tomorrow. The bar was so packed that they can’t even see the stage. So here they are, drinking their worries away at the back end and having fun.

 

 

Except Rosé just lost a bet and she does not want to announce to the entire bar that she’ll finally ask Chanyeol, the handsome drummer from the band that always played there, for a date.

 

 

“Oh, come on Rosie, don’t be such a coward. You lost a bet and it’s only a date!” Lisa, her demon of a bestfriend said. After a round of coaxing, she finally gave up.

 

 

“Fine! You cretins!” She downed the shot of soju. “Might as well have some liquid courage,” she put the glass down and climbed the table.

 

 

“Hey drummer!” she said on the top of her lungs. A few who heard her over the music looked at her. “Let’s go on a date!” she shouted. To her luck, the band had just finished the song so her announcement was clearly heard by the entire bar. And the drummer too. But it wasn’t the same drummer she expected to see.

 

 

“Hey, that’s not Chanyeol,” Rosé heard Lisa muttered. Rosé mimicked the equally bewildered expression of a short haired girl in a yellow checkered shirt, holding a pair of drum sticks.

 

 

“No Sherlock.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Rosie, open the goddamn cubicle! The others are filthy and I want to pee without contracting anything,” Yeri said as she knocked on the door.

 

 

“Yeri, this is your fault!” Rosé said while sitting down on the cover while holding her head.

 

 

“How am I supposed to know Chanyeol isn’t the one playing tonight! Are you sure it’s not him. I didn’t get to see her. If you’ve been a little more specific then I wouldn’t be holding down my bladder,” the girl said while banging the door. Rosé sighed and finally opened the door. She was shoved aside as Yeri entered the bathroom.

 

 

“So, what’s your plan?” Lisa asked her while sporting a smirk. Rosé glared at her. “Will you please stop. I’m having a rough time right now,” she ground as she went to the sink to wash her hands.

 

 

“Well, she’s actually cute. Maybe it’s not a bad idea,” Lisa said as she pulled out her phone.

 

 

“Are you seriously considering this?” Rosé looked back at her with eyes widening. “Well, people might ask what happened to your date you know. I mean a lot of people commented on the live—“

 

 

“What live?” Rosé looked at her suddenly. Lisa showed her phone and there she saw herself on video, on the table making a huge embarrassment of herself on Lisa’s instagram live.

 

 

“I hate you,” Rosé shoved the phone back to Lisa. “What? I never thought it’d go that way,” Lisa laughed at her. Then, Rosé looked at her, distressed.

 

 

“What the am I going to do?” she asked her. “If you don’t feel like it, you could always tell her the truth,” Yeri said as she finally emerged from the bathroom. “Gosh, you act like you just ask her to be your girlfriend. It’s just a date,” Yeri said as she washed her hands.

 

 

“That could work too,” Lisa followed up.

 

 

“Or to make it more interesting, have a date with her,” Yeri said as she applied a layer of lip tint. Rosé wanted to slap Yeri but she has other important matters to attend to.

 

 

“Kim Yeri, I—“

 

 

“Fine, Miss perfect, I give up,” Yeri raised her arms in surrender. “Just tell her you made a mistake,” Yeri said as she pit her tint back in her bag and turned to her.

 

 

“What if she’ll tell me I’m a liar and then be aggressive—“

 

 

“Chill. She doesn’t look like that at all,” Lisa said. “Was she cute?” Yeri asked and Lisa nodded and even gave a thumbs up.

 

 

“But what if she’ll be offended and—“

 

 

“If you don’t like her, I’ll take her,” Lisa said with a smirk.

 

 

“Really?” Rosé looked at her, eyes wide. “What? I’m kidding! She’s cute though, why don’t you go date her,” Lisa said.

 

 

“She wants Chanyeol though,” Yeri said to Lisa.

 

 

“Ugh, this is embarrassing,” Rosé groaned again. Yeri dragged her friends out of the bathroom and into the bar again.

 

 

“Whatever fills your cup, Rosie. Just don’t let that girl wait too long.”

 

 

They went out the bathroom and they were just in time as the band was setting up to leave.

 

 

“Do your thing tall person. Make her cry like you always do,” Yeri pushed her to the band. Rosé glared at her then continued maneuvering through the crowd to a certain person. She decided to just tell the truth and apologize. As she walked closer, she noticed the band members snickered and one of them elbowed the short haired girl that looked up from her phone.

 

 

“Uhm hi,” Rosé greeted when she stopped in front of her. The girl turned to her and gave her a look of recognition, bewilderment and embarrassment.

 

 

“Uhm hello,” she greeted back. Her bandmates snickered again. “We’re going first Wendy, see you tomorrow!” Baekhyun, she thinks that was his name, waved and they went out to the door. Wendy waved back and then turned to her. Rosé was sweating buckets. She was about to turn down someone who she asked for a date. How rude of her.

 

 

“Uhmm well, you see uhm well I-I’m Rosie, I mean Rosé,” she rambled as she held out her hand. The girl took it and said, “I’m Wendy. Nice to meet you Rosé-sshi,” Wendy said to her with a shy smile. Wendy is cute. Now, Rosé feels a hundred times worse.

 

 

“Nice to meet you too,” Rosé said back with a little more enthusiasm. “Uhm I don’t know if you heard earlier but uhm well—“she rambled again.

 

 

“That you asked the drummer for a date, right?” Wendy filled in the blanks thoughtfully for her. Rosé can feel the heat crawling up to the tips of her ears. “Yes, well uhm, about that, I’m sorry about this but—“

 

 

“You were referring to Ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter