Final

Fleeting Feelings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                 *Snap* *snap*

                                 Jihyo snapped back into reality after her friend, Nayeon, snapped her fingers near her face. She tore her eyes away from the two people she have been looking at since she sat down in her lunch table.

                                 “Yah, Park Jihyo, where in the world did you go to?” Nayeon said while pouting which made Jihyo cringe a little. She didn't notice that her thoughts drifted to another universe. A universe where she could be happy.

                                 “Somewhere that doesn’t have your annoying in,” she playfully answered.

                                 "You're so mean. Be grateful because you have a pretty friend," Nayeon countered.

                                 "Who are you even looking at?" she asked while looking at every direction.

                                 "No one," she immediately answered, eyes downcast, avoiding to look at her friends' eyes.

                                 "Hey, I have to go. I need to do some homework I have neglected to do last night." And off, she go. Leaving Nayeon with a crease in her forehead, puzzled by her actions.

 

                                  Aimlessly driving for four hours around town after Jihyo gave her ty excuse to Nayeon, she didn't catch herself parking in front of a club. She looked up the sign, Imperium. The very place she got drunk and met the person she fell in love with. Bringing her left hand up, she looked at her watch and saw its only 5:00 o'clock in the afternoon. Who cares? There's no right time in consuming alcohol. She said to herself while going out of her car. It's fortunate that this bar opens up at 4:00 o'clock because she needs something to stop her thoughts from going back to that fateful day. She's going to drink it all away.

                             Walking inside, she noticed that there are already few people inside. Some wore business attire, probably want to enjoy a little bit from a long day at work; some wore uniforms, group of students who probably wants to get away from school stress; and some couples who are each other’s face. She immediately went to the bar counter, noting that there are no people hanging there.

                                 "One beer," she called to the bartender. She's a heavy drinker so she knows she needs a lot to forget but it's still early. She wants to get drunk when the sun's light painted the sky with a pink hue already. Sipping her drink, she turned around and studied the place. It is spacious. The room is divided in to two with a sliding glass separating it. There is a stage upfront where the dancers of the bar performs and there are only limited seats for the patrons. At the back is where she is. The bar counter and a space to dance to. There are also booths on the sides. At the upper part of the club, the right side contains the private booths while the left side are the private rooms.

                                 She didn't realized how big the establishment is until now. The last time she came here, it is very crowded, like everyone is placed in a small compartment and are trying to fit. Nonetheless, she still is thankful for the large crowd, because she got to find a goddess. She downed her beer in one go after that thought passed her mind. You're here to forget, not to go down memory lane. She chastised herself. I need some more distraction. She added to her thoughts. She ordered another drink from the bartender.

                              Time seems to move fast. Jihyo's already at her sixth glass of beer. She started to look around again, three hours later and the club is almost full. She then decided she needs to look for her extra distraction. Standing up, she downed all her beer and made her way to the dance floor. The first thing she sees after getting in the dance floor is a tall girl with brown hair. Her heart is filled with happiness. This is her chance now. With

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter