Final Chapter

Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chansung hadn't always been insecure about himself. During his high school years, although he had some issues to deal with, puberty, dating, his uality, ( although he was still unsure about this, only time would tell), he wasn't half bad. He was popular with the girl's, heck, even with the boys. He wasn't the most handsome guy within his school, but he was fairly good looking and he was OK with himself. 

It was only when he was casted as a trainee at JYP Entertainment where things started to change. Now, Chansung wasn't stupid. He knew that he would be under harsh scrutiny from the media and fans. His every move would be recorded and seen. He was essentially signing away his rights when he was handed the contract. He knew what he wad doing, and he was going to make sure that he was going to be the best version of himself that nobody had seen before. He wanted to be the best that he could be so that his family would be proud of him for once. 

When it came to debuting, he was really thrown into the deep end of reality. He knew what trainee life was like. Hard, exhausting and mentally taxing. He knew that being an idol wasn't for the faint hearted. Those who were wanting to be idols couldn't become one because they wanted to do it. If they wanted to become one, they had to not see themselves do anything else with thier lives. The hours of dance and vocal training, ( not to mention the trainee debt that you have to pay back to the company), the mental and physical strain that it put on your mind and body. Chansung had been through it all. 

Chansung had often looked at his fellow members, his hyungs. Looking at them, then looking at himself made him think that he was going to make it in the music and entertainment industry if he was carrying on the way he was. So things started to change. Slowly but surely. He started to eat more healthy foods that were good for the body, often indulging these foods in excess, often getting strange looks from his elders, but he ignored them. He wanted to do what felt right for him, so that he would be worthy in the eyes of the media and the fans. 

He started to exercise more. He went along to the gym with Wooyoung and Taceyeon, often staying behind to do extra, always getting strange looks, but as usual, he ignored them all. When asked if he was OK, he would answer with the same, "I'm OK, hyung," and then the subject would be dropped. He started to train his voice up more. So that his voice would be on the same level as Jun.K or Junho. He just wanted to be good enough..

But his good enough in his eyes was never obviously good enough in the eyes of the media. He'd look up his (limited) fancams, nitpicking at what he did wrong, how could he improve his skills to be shining. He'd look at the negative comments on purpose in order to 'motivate' himself, although the method was extremely toxic to his physical and mental health. But he didn't care. That was the last thing on his mind. He just wanted to he good enough. But it  was never enough. His 'good enough', was his worst in the eyes of the media. 

He often brang a mirror with him in his bag whenever they had schedules. After practice, he would look at himself

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter