sm,pl

sore muscles, puckered lips

It takes thirty- wait, no. 

Twenty? Nah.

Ten? Lower.

Five. Mhm.

It takes five.

Only five pushups until Minatozaki Sana decides to give up. 

She thinks she should've said no when Jihyo asked her to go to the gym with her.

Her arms are immediately sore. Sweat beads rolling down her forehead. It isn't surprising at all— it's been weeks since she's been in the gym, or even exercising. It's also been weeks that she spent in her apartment. Probably watching the television, or playing (..trying to play) Skyrim with Mina (hey, in her defense, she didn't know it was a one player game and that Mina was just pretending that Sana was helping her— Sana's controller wasn't even connected), or even cuddling her girlfriend-

which, by the way, is her gym instructor for the day.

As her significant other, Sana's happy. Because Jihyo's there to help her burn calories and fats with her, and not some other filthy guy or some woman she doesn't know.

(She remembers her last instructor, Nayeon, and she cringes at the last time they even saw each other. The girl just couldn't stop crying about someone called Jeongyeon or some .)

But, as a gym instructor, say, well. Even her best friend, Momo, couldn't escape the strictness of the Park Jihyo.

(It's funny, since Jihyo's younger. But the power she has against them is scary.)

(Especially for Sana.)

(Sana just doesn't want to admit that.)

Sana rolls on her side, her shoulder feels like a ton of bricks. They've only been thru probably a mere percent of their workout and the fact that she's already exhausted just explains how inactive she was during the past few days. She looks up— a mistake— since the blinding white lights are suddenly covered by a frame.

Jihyo.

Currently shaking her head and heavily disappointed Jihyo.

(Sana still wont admit that it scared her.)

(It also turned her on- but hey, that's another story.)

Jihyo sighs before speaking up, eyes not leaving the currently half-terrified girl on the floor, 

"Sana..."

Sana shyly smiles at that, tilting her head like a puppy. Before pushing herself off the floor to sit up straight, since the cement floor was both cold and hard, and for some reason also her back feels heavy.

"We've only finished our warmup, and you said you could do it." The disappointment in Jihyo's voice was obvious.

"..I'm sorry," Sana starts, there's a pout giving way and Jihyo tries as hard as she could to prevent herself from kissing it off. "It's been awhile."

Jihyo gives out her hand as an answer. Sana hesitates before finally linking their fingers, helping herself up from the floor while the younger pulls her up. 

"Hey, come on. You can do it." Jihyo says, rubbing the back of Sana's hand. Her voice tinged with sincerity and Sana's heart feels so full. 

Sana's pout gives way, and she literally becomes the human embodiment of the puppy eyes emoji. "Can I rest for a while, please?"

Jihyo sighs again. (She figures the day will be made up of her sighing at whatever Sana does.)

"Fine, but only for a few mi—"

Sana doesn't wait any more time before rushing to the snacks bar.

"You didn't let me finish!"

The blonde's voice echoes in the empty gym, followed with fast steps across the room, "I love you too!"

(Jihyo just rolls her eyes, she swears it's not because she's trying to stop a smile from forming.)

(Sana unsurprisingly took more than twenty minutes in the snack area, Jihyo had to grab her by the ear to drag her back into their little workout section.)

"F-fifteen, six..sixteen, -" 

Sana slumps down, her cheek on the ground, looking at Jihyo with eyes filled of apologies.

It's the third time they've repeated a round. She's always been stuck before twenty, and she's pretty sure Jihyo's probably irritated by how much time they've spent in the gym already and they're still stuck in the first part of their routine

"I am so so sorry.." She says, albeit a bit muffled because her head was half-squished on the floor.

"It's fine," Jihyo crouches down near Sana's face, cradling the older's cheek with her right hand. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah..." Sana pauses for a little while, "Listen I'm-"

"Something bothering you?"

Sana's eyes soften with the tone of Jihyo's voice. Her girlfriend could be really caring sometimes and Sana thinks that just wasn't what she needed during the time being. She admits to herself that, indeed, she was lazy and now she wants the gym instructor Jihyo to come out because nothing seems to force her from doing literally anything.

"Nope." Sana whispers loud enough for Jihyo to hear.

"Then? What's stopping you?"

Sana thinks for a little until she she speaks up, her eyes trailing from the treadmills meters before them to Jihyo's eyes. "You."

To say Jihyo was shocked is an understatement— she wasn't even in her gym instructor mode yet, so she genuinely wonders why Sana would say such.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

Sana smirks before saying,

"Go hard on me, babe." 

Jihyo's face burns due to that statement, and she feels the girl (she almost forgot they weren't the only ones in the gym) lifting weights just a few feet behind them stare at her— or them, rather. "What the , Sana?"

"I didn't mean it that way! I promise!" Sana half-lies and shoots up from the ground. Eyes wide at Jihyo, who, at return, gave her a look of furrowed eyebrows. "I meant you should try being stricter. Like a real instructor, not as my girlfriend."

Sana smooths the creases on Jihyo's head before whispering in her ear, "Punish me for being a stubborn student, miss instructor."

Jihyo almost chokes at her own spit because of that. Keyword: almost.

She stands up, leaving Sana confused on the ground because of how she reacted.

"Twenty laps around the whole perimeter."

Sana's face immediately contorts to bewilderment,

"Wait wh-"

Sana notices Jihyo's whole aura starting to change when she replies, 

"I said what I said, Sana." 

Sana wishes to slap her past self if she could.

Serious Jihyo definitely is on the scary side more than the hot side. Serious Jihyo is professional, telling you all the rights and wrongs. There is just no mercy, everything she knew about the soft, lovely Jihyo went fading into some other place. Serious Jihyo is someone no one would try to intervene with. Serious Jihyo is arguably worse than angry Jihyo— serious Jihyo wasn't easy to talk to, and angry Jihyo is unexpectedly easy to.

("Can I get a sna-"

"Thirty seconds of planking. Now.")

When Jihyo tells her to run a lap around the whole place, Sana just obliges. Fighting back would mean nothing, even though her legs are begging to be at rest, and her back is getting drenched with pools of sweat.

Serious Jihyo isn't that bad, though. Because underneath that interior was still Sana's Jihyo, and Sana's Jihyo let her rest a few minutes between the previous routine and the next one.

Sana wants to teleport somewhere else or even turn invisible when Jihyo tells her to do another set of push ups. 

She's okay with anything, actually. After doing probably every exercise in existence. Push ups are a ing nightmare for her- planking and sit ups (and probably that ing beep thing) are next in her list, but she'd rather have those instead of her own definition of torture.

It was quite stupid, she told herself, when push ups are literally one of the simplest things someone can do when trying to sweat it out.

"Jihyoooo," She whines, "you know I hate doing these..."

Jihyo's eyebrow goes up at this, "You can do anything but another set of push ups?"

Sana looks down at the floor, defeated, "..Mhm."

"You did it just half an hour ago."

"That was before," Sana looks up at Jihyo now, "I'm tired."

"This is your last set."

Jihyo's voice goes softer at her last word. Sana realizes her overly-stern facade was leaving.

"Fine...but I don't want to do it by myself."

"You want me to do push ups with you?"

Sana's eyes somehow finds its way to Jihyo's eyes down to her lips, "No...no, actually."

An idea pops up in her head, something she'd seen in movies and had read in books. She remembers Chaeyoung telling her this once, it was cute, Tzuyu seemed extremely flustered and blush-y when the smaller brought it up.

Now all she needs is for Jihyo to cooperate.

"What do you want me to do, then?" Jihyo questions, and Sana snaps out from her thoughts.

She formulates her plan, before slowly pushing Jihyo down the floor. "Lay down on the floor."

For some reason, Jihyo does lay on the floor, and it takes a few seconds before she resists Sana pinning her down.

"What the are you trying to d-"

"Shh." Sana places her finger on Jihyo's lips.

"Not here- we're in public, Sana!" Jihyo whisper-shouts, and for someone who has heavenly back muscles (Sana's words) and sculpted abs (Sana's words, again), she still struggles from Sana's grip.

"Huh?" Sana registers Jihyo's words before answering, a playful grin on her face as she lightly slaps Jihyo's arm. "Woah! I wasn't talking about that!"

"Then," —Jihyo still tries to leave Sana's restricting limbs— "what do you think you're doing? People are looking at us."

"There's literally only that girl named Dahyun in the corner..." 

"Who? How did you even know her name?!" Jihyo's arms flail to the sides, signifying that she's tired from physically protesting Sana's arms.

"None of your business, now stay put, I'm gonna do something"

"Wh—" 

Sana interrupts her with a peck on the lips, and also with her starting to do push ups on the top of the younger.

"One."

"Sana no, there are people wat-"

Another peck.

"Two."

Sana has a stupid smile on her face, and for the nth time, Jihyo sighs again. 

"Three. Muah!"

Jihyo's face is red by just the third kiss, but she doesn't do anything about it, anyways, and just kisses Sana back once she goes for the fourth one.

"You're lucky I love you." She says, deepening the kiss. Its playful and filled with innocence. 

(Jihyo tasted somewhat like candy.)

Now it was Sana's face that was reddening.

(She loves candy.)

("Uh Nayeon unnie... can you maybe pick me up from the gym?"

"Dahyun? What's up?"

"Please, unnie. There's a couple kissing every time they do push ups here, I don't think I can handle it anymore. It's some girl called Sana, don't you know her? Why is she with someone else-"

"...What did you say her name was?"

"Um.. Sana.. Why?"

"Call someone else, sorry. I'm- I'm really busy today.. Haha, yeah, bye!"

Dahyun places her phone back in her gym bag, the smacking of lips the only thing filling the room instead of Nayeon's voice instead.

that, she tells herself while placing her earbuds in and placing her volume into max, it's a free world.)

They finish real slow. Because Jihyo keeps on giggling between the kisses and Sana thinks it's adorable that she has to pause and stare. Jihyo ends up scolding her, before she pinches Sana's cheeks of course.

When they finish, their lips are both plump and red. One would think they were doing.. something else.

(Which, thank God they didn't. The Dahyun girl was still staring at them here and then.)

(And they got lots of decency to not do anything like that in public.)

They almost trip when they stand up, good thing Jihyo grabs Sana's hand before she falls. It looks straight out of a fairytale. For some reason Sana feels the world stop, and when Jihyo pulls her near her, she knows it isn't just some fictional tale.

Jihyo looks so smiley and Sana almost forgets she was the complete opposite hours ago.

"Let's do this again?" Jihyo wraps her arm around the Japanese. "So you could exercise again, of course. Since this is your first time in like, a hundred of years."

Sana gleams at this, and pulls Jihyo's side closer to her, "Just say that you like me kissing you."

"I don't."

Sana kisses her at this.

Jihyo's blush spreads everywhere on her face.

"Sure, babe."

Jihyo looks at her with the same grave look she had when she went full on instructor mode. For a second Sana thinks she did something wrong. But Jihyo's quick to catch up on Sana's feelings, so she leaves a kiss on her cheek before slowly leading themselves near the gym's exit, "Let's go!"

Sana shakes off the confused look in her face, replacing it with admiration. 

And when they reach the exit, she links her hand with Jihyo's.

(There's a stupid, lovesick grin in her face when Jihyo does the same.)

(Maybe going to the gym isn't that bad, after all.)

 

 

 


(BONUS:

"Who was on the phone with you?"

"No one important.." Nayeon clicks her phone to off and crawls to the bed, back hugging Jeongyeon afterwards. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too, love...." Jeongyeon hesitates before adding something, "Hey, just a question, you're an instructor, right?"

Nayeon almost pushes the other girl at the word 'gym.'

"What? Hell no." Nayeon cringes.

[She hopes no one will tell Jeongyeon that she broke down in gym once because of her.])