Chapter 1 - Dream

Second Chance (MiChaeng) Fanfic

"Happy 3rd Anniversary Babe! You know I'm so thankful that I have you in my life.  I love you so much and you know that" Chaeyoung said as she hands a bouquet of flowers, a box of chocolates and another box as a gift to Mina. She took the gifts from her girlfriend, wondering what's inside the box. She set the gifts aside, held Chaeyoung's hands and said "Happy 3rd Anniversary too babe! I have no words left to express me love for you. I love you so much!" Mina said as she hands a Penshoppe paper bag, a box of chocolates and a scrapbook. Chaeyoung took the gift Mina gave her and wondered what was in it.

Chaeyoung excitedly opened the paper bag and saw a black and purple shirt printed with Disney characters. "Oh my gosh! It's so cute! You know me really well babe. Thank you and I love you". Chaeyoung said as she wears her new shirt from her girlfriend. "How do I look babe? Do I look cute? Yeppeun? Tell me! Kekekeke".
"You look awesome babe! The shirt really suits you well. I had a good choice of choosing that for you" Mina said with a big smile one her face knowing that Chaeyoung really loves the shirt that she bought. She then opened the scrapbook and saw their pictures since the day they both said "Yes" to each other.

"Hey Chaeng what's this? I've been guessing what's in this box". Mina said as she still tries to figure out whats in that box her girlfriend gave her. "Just open it. I'm sure you'll like it. Chaeyoung said as she took her phone and takes mirror selcas. Then suddenly, "Waaaaah is this real?! Oh my gosh Son Chaeyoung you're the best!" Mina exclaimed when she opened the box and saw a Nintendo Switch that she really wanted since she was in high school. She ran to Chaeyoung and gave a kiss on the cheeks and said "You also know me well babe. Thank you so much. I love you".
"I know you wanted that since we were in highschool so I saved up for it. I was planning to give it to you next year for our college graduation but it would be more special if I would gave it today, in our anniversary" Chaeyoung said. "I'm touched Son Chaeyoung. I'm really thankful I have you. Lets stay forever okay? I love you so much!" Mina said as she hugged Chaeyoung and showered her with kisses.
They enjoyed their stay on the hotel they are in.

Weeks after they had their 3rd anniversary,  Mina's mom, Ms. Myoui Sana, decided to go back to Japan and let Mina finish her studies there. Mina's mom was not that really fine with their relationship and wanted Mina to focus more on her studies. They would be there until Mina finish college.

Both Mina and Chaeyoung are 3rd year college students taking up business management.

Mina dont know how to tell Chaeyoung and their flight as in 3 days. 
She doenst want to hurt Chaeyoung with the news. She dont know if long distance relationship would work for them since there would be a conflict in their school hours. Mina was thinking have a cool off until they graduate college. But she thinks that Chaeyoung would not agree with it.
"Babe lets meet tomorrow at 3pm at the park" Mina messaged Chaeyoung saying that. Chayeoung was shocked at Mina's message because it was so plain. Chaeyoung senses something is going on. She just replied "Okay babe. See you! I love you!". But Chaeyoung did not a reply from Mina. 

>At the park<

CY: why would you ask me out today babe? Is this a late celebration of our anniversary? We already celebrated right?

MN: i have something to tell you

CY: what is it babe? Whats wrong? Dont frown please

MN: Mom and I are going to Japan....

CY: thats great! Enjoy there okay? Just comeback quick cuz I'm really gonna miss you.

MN: ....And stay there until I finish college.

Chaeyoung was shocked and doesnt have any word left to say. "Babe its just one year" we can wait right?" Mina said to a sad and shocked Chaeyoung.
"I dont know babe. Why to soon? You can finish your studies here in Korea" Chaeyoung said with teary eyes. "Babe please have faith. Its not that long" Mina said convincing. Chaeyoung is really out of words. "Okay. Fine. I guess it would not really work if we are far. We were used to be together always. I guess we should......" Before Mina could finish what she was saying, Chaeyoung interrupted and said "We should what? Break up? Is that what you really wanted Mina?"
"If we cant handle with long distance, then i guess its the best decision". Mina said as she checks her phone and saw her mom message saying that she should go home already and pack her things up.
"Mina please don't go. I have faith that we can do it. Please dont break up with me" Chaeyoung said and tears fell from her eyes and added "I know your mom doesnt really like me for you but soon I know she'll like me too. Please Mina, like you said, lets stay forever" Chaeyoung face was full of tears.
"I know that Chaeyoung and I explained that to mom but she cant understand. I'm sorry, I love you and I'm going to miss you" Mina ran away and went home as her mom told her. 

Chaeyoung was left, sat on the bench and getting something from her pocket. It was a little box with a ring. Chaeyoung have a plan to propose to Mina on that same day. Her plan of marrying Mina was gone. But she can't do anything about it. She then suddenly heard someone calling her name saying "Chaeyoung! Chaeyoung -ah wake up! Chaeyoung wake up!!!"

It was a dream, a nightmare rather. Chaeyoung dreamt about what happened a year ago. Son Jihyo, Chaeyoung's mom woke her up because it was the day she was waiting for, her graduation day. "Chaeyoung-ah get up, eat breakfast and get ready. Your graduation would be later. I can't wait to see you wearing your toga" Jihyo said to her daughter. "Yes mom, I'll just wash my face and eat breakfast with you" Chaeyoung said with a smile on her face. Jihyo nodded and went out of the room.

It been a year since the break up happened but it seems like it was just yesterday for Chaeyoung.