Chapter I

Play it Cool

 

The Performing Arts Club don’t have a lot of members but they’ve become the most famous club in school. That is to say, only select few people are selected. Yes, selected. To enter the club, one must audition. Nevertheless, the club’s council only chooses those who deserved to be part of the club.

 

A few years ago, the club wasn’t even taken seriously—no discipline and organization. However, when Lee Taeyong, along with Ten, took over, The once infamous club became the most exclusive club. Taeyong vowed to make their club the best of the best. With the passion for performing industry, he was very strict in choosing s— the ones who can proudly represent their club with high regards. Ten even calls him perfectionist occasionally. Both would choreograph dances, compose songs, and even going as far as networking. Lee Taeyong made it so that those he had chosen may actually have a chance to enter as trainees for idol companies. Both Taeyong and Ten are trainees themselves, preparing for their debut.

 

Students have been flocking just to enter the club. For some, being a club member equals to fame. They wanted superiority complex.

 

But Lucas trusted his hyungs’ judgements. Never had he encountered a club member that would use the club to their advantage. Everyone is just as passionate in terms of hard work and polishing their talents. Because of this, the club had two presidents: for male and female, the latter as equally hardworking as his Taeyong hyung.

 

Lucas stretched his arms, class is done and it was time for club.

 

On the way to the club room, Lucas passed by the faculty room. He noticed that there are a bunch of students— mostly male, lying around the door. He didn’t want to pry but, admittedly, he was a little bit curious.

 

“Good afternoon!” He greeted as soon as he entered.

 

“Here’s our handsome prince!” Taeyong greeted back “Ten was just telling me about your vanity earlier”

 

“Well, don’t you agree hyung?” Lucas jokingly brushed his hair while raising a brow.

 

“Of course I do!” Taeyong went along “You wouldn’t be here if you aren’t”

 

“That’s my hyung!” Lucas gave Taeyong a high-five while Ten reluctantly gave in. “By the way” Lucas continued “do you know what was that all about in the faculty room?”

 

“I think it’s the new transferred student” Ten answered “She’s the same year as you, I overheard when I dropped the papers in the faculty earlier”

 

“Isn’t it a weird time to enrol?” Taeyong asked “Did you see her?”

 

Ten shrugged “Well, I don’t know about that. And no, I think she went hours after I did my business there”

 

“If it’s a her…” Taeyong slowly shifted his gaze to Lucas “I wonder if she’s going to be interested in our baby prince here”

 

“I’m not a baby” Lucas defended “and I don’t care about her”

 

“Hmm… is that so. Anyways, you’re still the youngest member here, Lucas” Taeyong reminded.

 

 


 

 

It was the afternoon of the next day when the said transfer student finally showed up in Lucas’ class. Uninterested, Lucas did not bother to look up from the comic book he’s reading secretly.

 

“Good afternoon! My name is Song Yuqi and I came here from China” the transfer student introduced herself.

 

Albeit still reading, Lucas managed to hear her. Is that a female’s voice?

 

“I hope to get along with you” she continued before bowing.

 

“Cute” Lucas heard a voice from the person in front of him.

 

“Then miss Song” The teacher started “Please sit at the empty seat at the back. The seating arrangement have been made already so that’s the only chair available”

 

The only available seat was beside Lucas. He didn’t have a choice when the arrangement was done. He was the tallest among the class so they had to put him at the back. And now someone will sit beside him.

 

“It’s fine” Yuqi reassured “I enrolled late anyway”. Yuqi kept her smile as she walked towards the back. She sees the person whom she’ll be sitting next to, so by reflex, she greeted “Hello”

 

Lucas heard, but he was too absorbed with his comic he only responded with nodding.

 

 


 

 

“She’s cute, isn’t she?” Ten commented while Taeyong held the application paper.

 

Taeyong nodded “Visual-wise, she is. But it’s up to her if she can live up to Soyeon’s expectations”

 

“She would be a breath of fresh air” Ten paused “but I’m not saying our girls are bad or anything” he quickly defended himself.

 

Taeyong chuckled “I wonder how Soyeon would react if she hears that”

 

“Please don’t tell her that” Ten was on his knees, begging, while Taeyong continued to taunt him.

 

“What are you guys doing?” Lucas had just entered.

 

“Ah!” Taeyong smiled “Ten was criticizing—“ before he could continue, Ten had his palm cover Taeyong’s mouth.

 

“Hyung!” Ten exclaimed “You know I didn’t mean it like that!”

 

Taeyong nodded in acknowledgement “I get it, I get it”

 

Lucas, still confused, asked “What’s all this about?”

 

“Did you meet her?” Ten asked excitedly.

 

Lucas furrowed his brows “Who?”

 

“It looks like you just woke up” Taeyong commented.

 

“I slept in the middle of the class” Lucas admitted “when I woke up, everyone was gone”

 

“Typical of you” Ten mocked “so, did you meet her?”

 

“Who are you talking about?” Lucas tilted his head in confusion. “Who’s her?”

 

“The transfer student!” Ten said it as if it was common sense “Isn’t she in your class?”

 

It took Lucas a while to process “Ah, yeah” he said dryly “she sits next to me”

 

“Don’t’ you think she’s cute?” Ten said excitedly.

 

“I don’t know” Lucas replied “I didn’t really look”

 

Ten’s eyes widened in disbelief “For hours that you sat together, you didn’t even bother to look?”

 

“Well, I’m not really interested” Lucas shrugged.

 

“C’mon Ten, you know Lucas” Taeyong tried to calm his vice president “Give it a break”

 

“Why are you so interested anyway?” Lucas countered.

 

“It seems that miss transfer student here is applying for our club” Ten handed the application paper to Lucas.

 

Lucas took the paper and read her profile. She’s the same age as him and she’s also Chinese.

 

Song Yuqi, he quietly read his seatmate’s name.