Part 1/3

Reverse Psychology
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"For the hundredth time, I said get lost!"

 

A big bouquet of purple roses was harshly thrown back into the face of an unguarded Son Seungwan, the youngest heiress to the Son Enterprises falling onto her with expensive rose petals flying everywhere in waste.

 

Looking pitiful, she looked up just to see the stern and annoyed face of Bae Joohyun, the beautiful CEO of the Bae Industries.

 

"B-but unnie, t-"

 

Her soft, whimper-like excuse got cut off by a scary growl from the angered woman standing before her.

 

"Didn't I say it enough? Even if you give me the universe, I will never accept you as my lover!"

 

There were many onlooking employees, all sporting knowing faces, since the scene was an everyday routine within the Bae Industries' main building.

 

It always happened whenever the youngest Son heiress visited their boss every lunch break to give her various items - from home-cooked meals, to self-baked pastries, or thoughtful gifts such as flowers, perfumes and fabric softeners (which their boss is weirdly a fan of).

 

As daily witnesses, they would sometimes question how Son Seungwan can endure 5 years of being rejected and humiliated in public for just being an ardent admirer of THE Bae Joohyun.

 

Love truly makes a person go crazy, they say.

 

Finally, just like what typically happens at the end of each lunch time for the past few years, CEO Bae huffed out angrily before storming out of the lobby in sheer annoyance towards the sad, still-sitting hamster.

 

As always, even if the onlookers want to comfort the poor woman, they knew that they really cannot do anything to brighten up her mood.

 

But this time around, a wise-looking older gentleman finally dared to approach the young heiress.

 

"Seungwan-ah?"

 

The sad hamster lifted her head at the gentle voice.

 

"U-uncle Bae?"

 

---

 

It was a rather unique sight for the other customers eating in a small sidewalk tent which serves street food and soju.

 

A young heiress and a patriarch chaebol sat across a table, sharing a bowl of fish cakes and several bottles of soju, both deeply immersed in a conversation.

 

"I don't know what to do Uncle Bae. I've never felt like this before", Seungwan slurred before drinking a shot of soju.

 

"I really don't want to lose her, nor give up but there's no way to have her accept my feelings. I... I've tried everything, endured all challenges, but...", she continued before sniffing and cutting off an unconscious sob.

 

Mr. Bae looked at the young woman before her in understanding. He poured himself and Seungwan full shots of soju before replying.

 

"I'm sorry, Seungwan-ah. The women in our family are really tough", he said before raising his shotglass for a toast.

 

Both simultaneously released satisfied sighs after consuming the alcohol. 

 

"Take it from me. I was once like you when I was still courting your Aunt Bae in college."

 

"Really Uncle? What did you do back then?"

 

He chuckled as he recalled the past.

 

"Would you believe that it took a life-threatening car accident which I will

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter