One More Time (One-Shot)

One More Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Who do you think will win today, Jeong?” Sana asked as she wore her checkered choker with a pearl to match her round-girl outfit “Will it be the eagle? or the tiger?”

“I don’t know…” Jeongyeon answered as she ties her shoelace “Whoever wins, I hope she’ll win fast. My girl is playing her tennis game today. I need to support her…”

“Don’t be bias, ref. Just because you’re in a rush means you’re going to end the match fast, okay?”

“I’m not like that, Sana. Besides…as early the round ends, the more early you could stop your modeling.”

“I love modeling, Jeongie.”

“What? Really?”

“Nah. I’m kidding…” Sana muttered before grabbing her ‘round 1’ board “Well…I’ll head out first.”

“Oh. Wait for me…” Jeongyeon said as she got her whistle “…Let’s go.”

“Okay. Wait…you said your girlfriend has a game today, right?”

“Yeah…why?”

“Can I come?”

“Whatever, Minatozaki. Let’s go…”

“Aye, aye.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Chaeyoung, you have a guest.”

“Who is it?”

“The eagle…”

“Let her in…”

The guards of Chaeyoung’s room let her opponent inside.

“Hey, baby beast.”

“What are you doing her, Kim ‘eagle’ Dahyun?”

“I’m just here to greet you before our fight. I need to talk to Son ‘the tiger’ Chaeyoung…” Dahyun answered “Can you make them wait outside?”

“Manager, guard…please wait outside for a while.”

“Are you sure, Chaeyoung sshi?” her manager asked

“Hmm…”

“Okay, then.”

Chaeyoung’s manager and the guard left the room for the two boxers to talk. Dahyun took a seat infront of Chaeyoung and stared at her.

“What are you looking at, eagle?”

“I’m just thinking of something…”

“Whatever. So…what do you want to talk about?”

“Well…I was thinking…” Dahyun trailed as she sigh “I don’t want to fight you. Honestly, you’re the only opponent that I was hoping not to go against.”

“W-Why me? Are you afraid that I’ll defeat you?”

“No, no. That’s not it…I’m pretty sure about my skills but…I was actually hoping not to hurt you.”

“H-Huh? What?”

“I don’t want to win against you, okay? I thought either one of us will get eliminated but we ended up in the finals. I don’t know what to do so…how about you don’t fight?”

“You’re kidding me, right?”

“Do I look like I’m kidding, Son?” Dahyun asked seriously and sighed again “But…really…Don’t fight me.”

Chaeyoung shook her head “No can do. You’re the one who won’t fight me so…why don’t you get eliminated instead?”

“I can’t do that. The pride of East High is on my back…”

“The same with me. My school trust me on this so…I can’t, Dahyun.”

“Well…if that’s the case, I’m sorry.”

“It’s fine. But…why do you not want to fight me, though?”

“I like you, Son Chaeyoung.” Dahyun confessed “For a long time now. But I can’t let my feelings get in the way when the match starts so I’m letting it get in the way now…”

Chaeyoung stayed quiet for a while. She was shocked. I mean who isn’t…Your opponent just confessed to you before your match. Who would have thought of that? But…Chaeyoung smirked just right after.

“Let’s make a bet.” Chaeyoung suddenly suggested

“What? What bet? Why?”

“If you win, I’ll date you…If I win, you’ll court me first.”

“W-What? R-Really?”

“Hmm…”

“Okay, then. Deal…”

“Deal…”

“But…why are you suggesting this?”

“Because…I like you too.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After that phrase, the manager asked them to go to the ring now. So Dahyun went to her room first to wear her glove before going to the ring while Chaeyoung went there as soon as she’s done with her shoes. She was shocked when she saw Dahyun, talking to Jeongyeon below the ring already.

‘That was fast…’ Chaeyoung thought and approached them

“Hey, Chaeyoung. This is it…” Jeongyeon muttered

“Oh. Anyways, isn’t Nayeon unnie game today?”

“It is. So…how about you two headed to the ring now?”

“Alright, alright.” Dahyun muttered and held into Chaeyoung “Don’t forget what I said, okay?” she added as she drag Chaeyoung up into the ring.

The announcer announced the start of the match with Sana modeling the round board around the ring. Then the bell rang, the fight has started.

Chaeyoung was the one who mostly throw the punches while Dahyun block. After a while, Dahyun threw punches too. And UNLUCKILY, she hit Chaeyoung. Making her stopped for a while.

“S-Sorry.” she muttered

“It’s fine…” Chaeyoung answered and throw punches again

Dahyun shielded it for a couple of times before she back away and lay her hands down. Jeongyeon saw this and stopped the fight. She declared Chaeyoung the winner while Dahyun smirks before getting back down of the ring.

After Jeongyeon announced it, Chaeyoung immediately ran after Dahyun.

“W-What the heck happened?”

“Hmm?”

“Why did I win? You’re the one who landed a punch.”

“I…” Dahyun trailed as she smirks “…don’t know.”

“You do know, Kim.”

“I don’t know. All I know is…my courtship starts now, right?”

Chaeyoung blushed at what Dahyun said, making her shook her head and turned around “Whatever, dubu. I’ll take my leave now…I’m expecting your efforts, okay?”

“Got it…” Dahyun muttered and walked away too

But before they could part ways completely, Dahyun turned back and ran after Chaeyoung.

“Can I…ask you on a date today?”

“Where?”

“My cousin’s tennis game.”

“Im Nayeon’s your cousin?”

“Yeah…how’d you know her?”

“She’s Jeongyeon unnie’s girlfriend.”

“Ohh…Jeongyeon’s your…”

“Sunbae.”

“I see. Then, do you mind watching the game with me?”

“Not at all…”

“Great. Let’s go.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They arrived at the tennis game and the game has started already. Nayeon was losing against Park Jihyo.

“Y-Ya.” Jeongyeon stuttered as she saw the score “What happened?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter