final

Together | EXO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: this has 3298 words jfc 

but happy 2017 everyone! 

 

 

 

"I'm so glad that SM finally gave us time with each other after quite some time," Chanyeol commented as they all exited the van. "Yeah, they should. It's about to be new year in an hour and as much as I love our fans, I wouldn't want to be working right now," Junmyeon responded as the rest of EXO hummed in agreement.

 

"Are you sure that there aren't any people here?" Yixing asked. "Yeah, there aren't. I made sure," Baekhyun replied as he winked. "So you're the one who thought of all of this," Jongin smirked. "New Year's at the beach. That's pretty cool, hyung."

 

"I always have my ways. It was a good thing I convinced our managers and I was able to reserve this whole part of the beach-"

 

"You reserved this whole part of the beach?" Sehun turned to him with a raised brow. Just as Baekhyun was about to reply Junmyeon spoke up. "Actually," he began, "He did all the talking. I did all the paying."

 

"I knew it," Sehun snorted, causing Baekhyun to playfully punch him on the arm.

 

Chanyeol and Junmyeon helped set up the campfire (Jongdae suggested it and said that it would be cool) while Jongin helped Kyungsoo put the food out (and was later teased by Sehun and Baekhyun by telling him he was only doing that to get closer to Kyungsoo).

 

The others were sitting around, like Jongdae and Minseok who were lying on a huge beach towel staring up into the sky.

 

"Hey, Jongdae," said Minseok.

"Minseok-hyung?"

"The stars are beautiful toni-"

"Hyung if you're going to do some cliche statement I suggest you stop."

 

Minseok laughed, "Little , I was just about to compliment the night sky, who said anything about complimenting you?"

 

"Burn," they both heard Chanyeol say somewhere in the background, making them both laugh.

 

"But really, the stars are beautiful. First time I was able to look up at the sky like this again," Minseok said as Jongdae nodded. "Yeah, me too. I don't know why I have a good feeling about this night. Or about the whole new year ahead of us in general."

 

The two then saw someone else sit down beside them. 

 

"Hey there Maknae," Jongdae chuckled, looking up at Sehun from where he was lying down. "What's wrong? You look like you're thinking about something deep," Minseok joked, and Sehun let out a faint laugh.

 

"Don't worry about me Hyung, I'm alright. It's nothing," he replied. "I don't know, I just feel something good about tonight."

 

"We're thinking the same thing," Minseok responded. "Let's just see how this unfolds, then."

 

×

 

Luhan had been anxiously staring at his phone for the past ten minutes, fidgeting to himself.

 

Luhan arrived in Korea around two days ago and stayed in a hotel, since he planned to spend the new year there. Only, Kris didn't know. He didn't tell Kris about it since if he told him that he planned to spend new year with EXO, he might flip out. He'd been in contact with the group since he left, since, hey, he loves them.

 

Luhan is on good terms with EXO's manager so he knew that they were in the beach, but Luhan was still torn between calling them, surprising them, or calling Kris.

 

But it turned out Kris would be the one calling him first.

 

"," Luhan muttered. He nervously got his phone and answered the call.

 

"Hello?"

"Where are you?"

 

Luhan gulped. Just as he was about to speak, "Luhan I know you're in Korea, I'm here too so I want to know where you a-"

 

"You're here? Why didn't you tell me? And how did you know that I was here?"

"First, I wanted it to be a surprise, and second, your manager told me."

 

Luhan chuckled. "Well, nothing we can do about that now. I'm... In a hotel right now but I'm about to go to the beach."

"The beach?"

"From what I know that's where EXO is spending new year."

 

Luhan heard Kris snort from the other line. "I'm betting Baekhyun thought of that."

"Same!" Luhan chuckled. "But why are you in Korea? And why are you so cool about the fact that I'm spending new year with them?"

"Well, I just don't want them to stay mad at me forever, so why not."

"I don't think they're mad at you."

"I know they are. Especially..."

"Huh?"

"T... Zitao."

 

A silence followed after that, until Luhan chose to break it. "Kris, it's Tao who thinks you hate him. Haven't you watched his interviews?"

"No..."

"He's been crying in those interviews and saying that he hopes you forgive him, Kris. Of course he isn't mad at you. More so EXO. They miss you."

 

Another silence followed after that.

 

"Yifan?"

"I don't know what to say about that."

"Well we'll fix all this later, okay? We better hurry, it's an hour before new year. Meet me at the bubble tea place then we'll go to the beach, okay?"

"Y-yeah, sure, hyung."

 

Luhan stopped for a moment, and smiled a little. "It's... It's kind of nice hearing you call me hyung again after a long time, you know."

 

"Yeah," Kris replied sheepishly. "I think it's nice too."

 

×

 

Kris entered the bubble tea shop and a wave of memories came gushing back from all those years ago. He sighed as he smiled a little, looking for Luhan within the area.

 

"Hey," called out a voice. It was Luhan sitting at a table a bit far behind, and had two cups of bubble tea with him. Walking over to him, Kris smirked as he said, "Is the other one for me?"

 

Luhan rolled his eyes as he got up from the seat. "You wish. The other one's for Sehunnie," he said. "It's chocolate flavored. He loves it chocolate flavored."

 

Kris still smirked. "And you love him."

"Shut up and let's get going. It's 11:15."

 

With that they both rushed out to Luhan's car and drove their way to the beach.

 

×

 

"Chanyeol, Baekhyun! You're burning it!" Kyungsoo squeaked as he watched his two friends trying to barbecue burgers.

 

"It's doing fine, see!" Baekhyun protested, but all Kyungsoo could see were several burning pieces of meat. Kyungsoo facepalmed and shoved the two away. "Just leave the cooking to me, okay?"

 

"But Kyungs-"

"Nnnnno! Just go stay somewhere else, I don't know, help Yixing make sandwiches or something."

 

Sehun always thought it was fun watching his hyungs bicker. He was always amused to see either Jongdae, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, or all three of them mess something up with Junmyeon or Kyungsoo telling them off and scolding them. 

 

"Junmyeon-hyung?" 

"Yeah, Sehun-ah?"

"I wish things never change," Sehun expresses.

"Well we aren't going anywhere, okay Sehun?"

 

Sehun smiled. "Yeah, okay."

 

×

 

"So here it is," Luhan told Kris as they both got out of the car. 

 

"I remember when we all used to go here all the time," Kris mumbles. "So anyway, are you sure they're here? I don't see anyo-"

 

Then they heard Chanyeol screaming because of something along with Jongin's obnoxious laughter from afar (and Luhan and Kris were still a tad far from EXO's area at that point)

 

"They're still loud as ever," Kris muttered. "Are you sure they aren't mad at me?"

 

Luhan sighed. "They aren't, Kris. Trust me." he told him. "Oh and do you mind waiting here by the car for a while? I kind of need to use the restroom."

"Yeah, go ahead."

 

Luhan then went to the restroom near the changing rooms of the beach and did his business. Once he got out, he walked back to where Kris was. But then, 

 

"Wait... Where was that again?"

 

Luhan shrugged it off and continued to walk. It was dark and he felt slightly creeped but he didn't really let it bother him.

 

But then he felt a hand grab his wrist a bit forcefully, and he let out a little s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter