one

By Your Side

this is me being my delusional self and there has been enough of a woofany drought on aff (-:















 

The day before the concert

 

"Thank you very much! You've all worked hard!" That was a wrap for the concert rehearsals. The 2PM boys headed backstage for the shower, tired out from the runs they had earlier.

 

Wooyoung dropped by the waiting room to check his cell for any missed calls or messages.

 

"how's rehearsals oppa? himnae! see you tomorrow, can't wait to see you rock the stage ♡

 

myoungie~"

 

A silly grin broke out on his face as he read the text from his girlfriend. He dropped his towel and started typing out a reply.

 

"rehearsals were good (-; if only you were here now to give me some strength... see you tomorrow! saranghae ♡

 

wyoungie~"

 

It was as if he immediately gained strength and he ran to catch up with the other guys in the shower, unable to wipe the smile off his face.















 

One week ago

 

"Annyeonghaseyo eonnie!" A girl popped in from the JYP company's back door. She had dark brown hair in soft curls and was wearing a pair of sunglasses that covered her eyes well, a black mask and a had a hood over her head. Her cover made her unrecognisable to the public but the 2PM coordi knew who she was immediately.

 

"Aigoo, Tiffany, what are you doing here?" 2PM's coordi jumped in shock at the appearance of the girl. Tiffany pulled out 2 shirts from her bag, showing it to the coordi.

 

"Eonnie, does the black or white suit me better me better?" She held the 2PM concert shirts against herself, unable to make a decision between the two. Oh right, I'm doing this for Wooyoung. "I mean, eonnie, which shirt is Wooyoung oppa wearing?"

 

The coordi just chuckled, she had seen the couple together before and she knew their little secrets. They liked to match each other even if it risked the public finding out. "Which concert are you attending again?" She purposely teased the younger girl but Tiffany was too busy tracing the prints on the shirt to be affected.

 

"Of course I'll be going for the first one!" Tiffany winked playfully.

 

"He'll be wearing the black, you should wear it too!" The coordi winked back at her and they both laughed.














 

A few hours before the concert

 

Tiffany arrived earlier at the 2PM concert venue than she or anyone, for that matter should, have. She knew Wooyoung had put in a lot of effort into this concert so she planned a little surprise to encourage him for his first show. She herself had performed at the same venue many times, so she was aware of the secret ways in and out to avoid getting caught by fans queuing outside the arena. Hopping out of her car, she slipped the staff pass on and went inside the backstage.


 

"Ani michingeo aniya, geumyoil bami doenikka, yeoldusi ga doedo na jam mot jagesseo da nal boreunikka.”

 

She grinned at Wooyoung's voice, happy to hear him sing. Waking down the white-walled corridors, she jammed along with the song, doing the song's choreography to the music, especially to Junho's part.

 

On the other hand, Wooyoung was engrossed with the rehearsal. Though he was tired, he still gathered up his energy and enjoyed himself on the stage. No doubt, as much as he wanted to put on a good stage for the Hottest fans, a part of him wanted to do well for his girlfriend.

 

In no time, Tiffany arrived backstage and caught sight of the 2PM manager. She waved at him, catching his attention as well as that of the staff. “Annyeonghaseyo, manager-nim!” The manager, though shocked, welcomed the Girls Generation member and informed her of the rehearsal schedule, along with some of Wooyoung's personal schedule.

 

Tiffany’s initial plan was to surprise Wooyoung after his rehearsal, while he was resting before the concert. Unfortunately, her plan was ruined when the other 2PM members saw her backstage and kept hinting to Wooyoung that someone special came to see him. Fortunately for Tiffany, he was a little too tired to process the members’ hints or jokes.

 

Quick-witted Hwang Tiffany resorted to a last minute plan B -- to surprise Wooyoung during the rehearsal before he caught on to the members’ hints.

 

“Ok, drink up some water and wipe your sweat before we come back for the next round.” The choreographer have the boys a quick break. A large group of staff swarmed around to fan the guys, wipe their sweat and give them bottles of water.

 

Wooyoung made a dash to the toilet and passed Tiffany without even realising. She chuckled, though slightly disappointed, followed him and waited outside the toilet with tissues and water in her hands.

 

“(sings his line in I’ll be back) Hanbeonjjeum gyeokkneun gobiil ppuniya jeongshincharyeo” he got a shock when he saw Tiffany outside the toilet with a smile on her face, stopping in mid-sentence and halted in his steps.

 

“Happy to see me?” Tiffany grinned cheekily, finding her boyfriend’s shocked expression funny. She stepped closer to wipe the sweat on his face but Wooyoung was still in shock, unable to react to Tiffany’s presence.

 

Once he snapped out of his trance, his arms found their way around Tiffany’s waist, engulfing her in a hug. Not caring how sweaty he was at the moment, he buried his face into Tiffany’s hair and inhaled her scent.

 

“I missed you so much…” He murmured softly. Tiffany pat Wooyoung’s head softly, completely aware that he was tired from rehearsals. After a good 30 odd seconds, she pulled away and pat his back, urging him to return to rehearsals.

 

Just on cue, Junho came running to call Wooyoung back for rehearsals. He walked into the scene of the boy holding his girlfriend’s waist and staring into her eyes intimately.

 

“Yah, lover boy, time to go back for practice!” He shouted from a few feet away from the couple.

 

Reluctantly letting go of her hand, Wooyoung sighed and ran back toward the stage -- not forgetting to wave at Tiffany, of course. Junho secretly sympathised the couple, they were never able to meet up recently because of the 2PM Go Crazy Tour rehearsals and Girl’ Generation’s Party and Lion Heart comeback.

 

Junho ran alongside Wooyoung, “Don't worry dude, we just have 3 songs left and you’ll be able to rest and hang with Tiff.” Wooyoung gave him a slight smile and continued to head back to the stage. Tiffany trailed behind them slowly, with the intention to watch the rehearsals from the backstage monitor.



















 

The time came when 2PM was finally done with their rehearsals and were able to rest up for the actual concert. In the backstage, there was a makeup room, a room for just resting (or sleeping), a

practice room, changing room, a food hall etc. Staff were hustling and bustling, doing the final preparation needed to make the stage the best it could be.

 

Tiffany was reading in a quiet corner of the food hall. Her spot was a good one, with a comfortable sofa, the stage monitor in front of her and refreshments to the right. The peace of the hall didn't last long because 2PM being guys attacked the food right after their rehearsal.

 

Chatter and footsteps could be heard and soon enough, 5 guys emerged from the corridor leading to the food hall. Taecyeon was first to catch sight of Tiffany and waved at his American friend.

 

“Hey Tiffany, thanks for coming to support me!” He , knowing her reason for coming was definitely to support someone else.

 

“Yeah, thanks for coming!” Junho and Jun.K added playfully.

 

The girl just rolled her eyes at their antics and raised an eyebrow at the 2 other awfully quiet members. Chansung was just staring at the food, as expected. Nichkhun, on the other hand, had his eyes closed in obvious fatigue.

 

Tiffany scanned the 5 boys before her once again, not finding her boyfriend’s presence. The 5 boys, in the midst of their tiredness, managed to pick the not-so-subtle hints from her eyes and Jun.K jerked his head toward the stage’s direction.

 

The Girls’ Generation member smiled and took off in the indicated direction, not forgetting a bottle of cold water for Wooyoung.

 

As Tiffany neared the stage, she could hear Wooyoung’s melodic singing.

 

 

It was her favorite song from his first solo album, because it was the first song he sang specially for her after they got together and the lyrics meant a lot to the both of them.


 

Close your eyes and listen to this song
This song I sing for you
I will meet you in my dreams and tell you about my love
Having you next to me feels like a dream

When I see you smile, when I see pretty you
I fall in love more and more
I think of you before I go to bed, I close my eyes and sing of you
I want to be your dream

My only girl My only girl
My only girl My only girl
My only, My only, My only girl

I’ll remember your eyes, your tears that protected me
I am running toward you every day
Are you listening to my voice? My heart toward you?
I want to be your dream

My only girl My only girl
My only girl My only girl
My only, My only, My only girl

You’re my, you’re my, only girl


















 

When the song ended, she saw that he was closing his eyes, and under the lights his eye bags were visible, anyone could see that he was exhausted.

 

Tiffany smiled while watching his back view, and nodded to herself. “As expected of my Wooyoung, working hard even when he’s really tired.”

 

“Wooyoung-ssi, let's do it one more time from the top and you can go rest!” One of the staff requested a do-over.

 

At this, Tiffany’s gaze immediately changed from a peaceful one to a glare at the staff.

 

“Wae? Didn't he do a good job?”

 

As a singer herself, she could empathise with Wooyoung’s fatigue and even more so, she could be a good judge of what a satisfactory rehearsal was. And as the good girlfriend she was, she obviously wanted him to get as much as rest as possible before the concert.

 

“Tiffany-ssi…” The staff had to explain their side of the argument, and the rehearsal was put on hold for a while.

 

Wooyoung noticed there was a commotion happening backstage, and out of curiosity, went back there to check out what happened.

 

He was shocked to see his distressed girlfriend and an unhappy staff in a heated argument.

 

“But can't you see that he’s tired and he obviously tried his best in the previous run?” Tiffany was nearly screaming at this point.

 

“Hey hey, it's ok babe, I wanna do it,” Wooyoung held her hand in attempt to calm her down.

 

She looked at him, and she saw that he was tired yet earnest in doing well in his work. So she let him, but not before hugging him and arranging his hair. Such simple affection meant so much to the couple because they could only see each other once in awhile.

 

Wooyoung returned to the stage, the lights dimmed and the music started playing.

 

“This is for you, my baby. Thank you for staying by my side all this while, for being my only girl…”

 

Thinking about how much Wooyoung wanted to do something for her even when he was so busy and tired, and watching his persistence on the stage as an artist touched Tiffany’s heart and as he began singing, tears welled up in her eyes.

 

Though on stage, Wooyoung kept his eyes on Tiffany, wanting to convey his sincere heart to her. His sincerity was definitely felt, especially when he headed backstage during the chorus to hold her hand and sing to the rest of the song to her.

 

The tears she was holding back rolled down her cheeks as he caressed her hair softly.

 

You’re my, you’re my, only girl

 

He ended the song with a hug with one arm  and with the other, wiped  Tiffany’s tears away. Wooyoung whispered words of endearment in her ears to comfort her as she cried in his arms.














 

Tiffany proceeded to the food hall while Wooyoung went to wash up and get his makeup done.

 

“Wooyoung-ah, I heard you did something for your girlfriend during the rehearsal just now,” the makeup artist noona . Who knew the thick-skinned cheeky boy would be flushed because of that comment?

 

“Mwo… it wasn't much, noona…” He scratched his head awkwardly in embarrassment. The makeup artist could only laugh at his reaction.









 

“Annyeong Tiff!” Junho greeted his best friend’s girlfriend.

 

He saw that her eyes were slightly red and puffy though she was smiling and waving happily. “Ah… that Wooyoung must have done something cheesy again,” He .

 

“Oppa, it wasn't cheesy,” Tiffany protested. “But I really was so touched, he must have worked so hard…” Tears welled up in her eyes again as she expressed her gratitude toward her boyfriend.

 

“Yah, don't cry, Wooyoung will kill me if he saw you cry like that!” Junho comforted her (harshly). “But he really worked really hard to perfect the concert as a whole for you, Fany-ah. He took it upon himself to put up the best show because he invited you.”

 

With a grateful heart, Tiffany brought dinner into the makeup room for Wooyoung and saw that he was dozing off when they were doing his hair. She took a seat next to him and held his hand affectionately. Once he felt the contact, he immediately jolted up to see his girl sitting next to him. His free hand immediately reached up to her cheek and they both smiled at the skinship.

 

“Ok, we’re done with you Wooyoung, go take a rest,” the makeup and hair stylists pay his shoulders and chased the couple out of the makeup room.










 

Both of them took a seat in the resting room on a comfy sofa, still holding hands. They were finally alone together and could finally enjoy each other’s company.

 

“Thank you babe, for your awesome performance just now.” Tiffany leaned into Wooyoung’s body and snuggled comfortably.

 

“Anything for you baby,” he kissed her forehead sweetly.

 

The couple used this time to catch up on each other's lives, about Tiffany’s comeback and Wooyoung’s tour preparation. They also discussed post-schedule plans, about going overseas together or taking a short break in Korea, at least.

 

The other 2pm members were done with dinner and most of their preparations for the concert and boredom set in.

 

“Where's Wooyoung hyung?” Chansung asked the most stupid question of the day. Jun.K furrowed his eyebrows, “Where else could he be, Chansung-ah?”

 

Being the child-like guys they were, Nichkhun and Chansung decided to spy on the couple.

 

All they saw was two humans leaning on each other with their eyes closed. Aigoo, they were so tired that they ended up asleep on each other.

 

“Aw, they’re sleeping like cute little puppies!” Chansung squealed in delight. “Ew, maknae, since when did you become as cheesy as them?” Junho frowned in disgust.

 

After a while, even the 2pm members got tired and started dropping into sleep like dead flies. And just like that, much time passed in peace and quiet.














 

The queues outside the stadium got longer and longer as the concert drew near. Everyone had woken up from their blissful rest and the backstage was bustling in excitement and anticipation for the opening of 2PM’s Go Crazy World Tour.

 

Wooyoung had requested to get all his personal preparations done first so that he could spend more time with Tiffany before performing.

 

“Woo, you nervous?” Tiffany massaged his shoulders to encourage him.

 

“Yeah, a little,” Wooyoung’s eyes were fixed on the mirror, staring at her reflection, thinking how lucky he was to be in a relationship with such a beautiful girl. He held her hand that was on his shoulder and they made a meaningful eye contact.

 

Now’s the time. Wooyoung pull her into his embrace, while Tiffany was shocked to find herself sitting on his lap. She combed through his hair with her fingers as he gripped her waist, pulling her closer.

 

Leaning in closer, his lips latched to hers in a soft kiss. Their lips moved in sync as the soft kiss turned into a make out. He the smalls of her waist as he slipped his tongue in. Their tongues fought for dominance. which he easily won. A moan escaped Tiffany’s lips and arched her back in delight, pressing their bodies together. After what seemed like forever, they pulled away, gasping for air. Tiffany rest her head on his chest in satisfaction and they held hands with their fingers interlocked.











 

(let's pretend that jessica isn't with tyler kwon here okie? if not, you can stop reading here hahha)

 

“Hey you two, you might wanna come out and see who's here,” As if on cue, Jun.K knocked on the door and ask the two of them to go out to see a surprise of the appearance two people.

 

Jun.K led the couple to the food hall where there was a big commotion and a slightly awkward atmosphere. And to their surprise, sitting at the table were Jessica and Park Jaebum. They had come to cheer on the 2PM guys for their concert, bringing many smiles from everyone.

 

(if you're aware of the timing of these events, it was about a year after Jessica left GG yep, BUT THE REST IS TOTALLY FICTIONAL SO DON'T GET WORKED UP OK)

 

Both Tiffany and Wooyoung froze at this sight, not really because of Jay’s presence, but more of because a certain ice princess had showed up. Tiffany’s grip on Wooyoung’s hand tightened and he looked at her, worried about what she might be feeling. He saw tears well up in her eyes as she eventually let go of his hand. She turned around, her head low, unable to face her ex-member. He combed through her hair with his fingers and held her chin up and whispered, “Don't worry, it’ll be fine. I promise.” Thoughts about last year flooded into her mind — about what happened when the news was released and how they had to overcome the hate received from people. It then occurred to her that Jessica must have felt the same way, if not worse because she didn't have the other 8 (or 7 in Tiffany’s case) members to journey with her.

 

Wooyoung held her hand and squeezed it as they walked towards the couple sitting at the table. Jay noticed them first, “Aigoo, you guys look so good together, I still haven't gotten over it.” At this, Jessica turned her head and smiled at them, not without glancing at Tiffany first.

 

“Good to see you guys after so long, take a seat please.” Jessica gestured to the stools opposite them.

 

Wooyoung was still a little worried about Tiffany. He saw her go through all of those events and of course, stayed by her side. But that only made him more aware of the sleepless nights, the nightmares that kept her from sleeping and the tears she wept. To him, it felt like his Jay Hyung’s departure all over again. Never once through the time they were talking to Jay and Jessica at the table did he release his grip on Tiffany’s hand, that was how much he worried for her and loved her.

 

They came to understand that Jay comforted Jessica in that time. After all, he also left his group and had to deal with everything on his own. Initially, the girls were tense and teary,  but once the ice broke, it felt like those 2 members never left and there were smiles on their faces.















 

But this didn't last for long, since the concert was starting soon and Wooyoung had to go do his last minute preparations. Jessica and Jay left to go to the VIP viewing rooms while Tiffany stayed backstage to help Wooyoung. As Wooyoung was putting on his mic, Tiffany went to change into her own Go Crazy World Tour tshirt to show her support to the other members as well.

 

In the last moments before 2PM stood on the stage lift, as the first VCR started playing, Tiffany hugged Wooyoung tightly and kissed him. “All the best babe, I love you!”

 

“Love you too baby. See you in a bit!” Wooyoung kissed her back and moved over onto the stage lift. He adjusted his mic, waiting for the cue for the first performance to begin.

 

“2PM FIGHTING!” And up they went.

 

 

 

 

 

 

please comment, subscribe and upvote if you liked it! (-: i may make a sequel if the response if good...