Chapter I

Lucky One

Love just sort of happened, you know? Like a shooting star on a clear night, it was completely unexpected. 

The concert finally ended. The boys said their final goodbyes to their ever-loving EXO-Ls and left the stage to go change. They walked into their dressing room one by one, taking off their jackets and throwing them onto the floor. They were all sweating profusely, drenching their tops and their headsets. Along with the staff, I helped them remove their mics and gave them towels to dry themselves off. They began to change into the casual clothes they had come in with this morning. The other staffs left the room to give them privacy while I stayed behind to clean up after them.I had already gotten used to seeing them half-. It's not as great as most girls think (A/N: HAHAHA LIES. I WOULD NEVER SAY SOMETHING LIKE THIS, BUT FOR THE SAKE OF THIS CHARACTER I HAVE TO). Also, they've already gotten accustomed to me being there. It's almost like a relationship between siblings except we aren't related in any way. The fans began to clear out from the concert hall as it was already late, and they all had jobs and schools to attend to the next day. I did too, but not the type of job you'd expect. I was EXO's personal assistant. Other than their manager, I was the one who made sure they were all there at the same time and that they were well fed before their concerts or any kind of press they needed to attend. I was also the one who made sure they were on time and well behaved. In other words, I was their babysitter. Many girls could say that I was lucky being able to be with the "amazing EXO" every single day. But I wouldn't understand what they meant by it. How is practically being someone's servant "lucky" in any way?

By the time the boys finally got dressed, they all headed toward the exit of the building. Each of them bowed and thanked the staff at the concert hall as they walked through the door, out to the parking lot where the van was parked outside, waiting for them. I trailed behind them slowly, feeling exhausted after the long day of babysitting. There was a significantly large gap between them and myself. I didn't care, I was too tired. 

"Noona, hurry up. The van might leave you if you don't walk faster," Chen joked as he quickened his pace, creating an even larger gap between me and themselves. I groaned in annoyance and began to walk even faster. I managed to catch up with the group of boys and boarded the van behind Kyungsoo who shut the door for me. Bless his kind soul. Kyungsoo, in my opinion, was the only member who was truly a gentleman. The rest? Well, let's just say they're not very chivalrous. For me, being a couple years older than them, I feel that they should at least treat me like I am older. Well actually, Jongin is a very  

Even after the concert, they were as lively as ever. Except for Yixing, Suho, and Minseok who had called it quits and passed out as soon as they sat in their seats, the rest of them looked as if they had gulped down gallons of coffee. Chanyeol and Sehun were rapping out their parts from their new song "Monster." Chen, Baekhyun, and Jongin were going on and on about how girls' appearances weren't something of much importance rather than their personality. Everytime Chen spoke, Baekhyun would interject, causing Chen to yell at him which would then create a "small" ruckus. Hands would get involved, luckily, nothing too serious. Kyungsoo kept to himself and was singing songs by various American artists. His English wasn't bad at all and that's coming from someone who lived in the US for 16 years. From the outside, one could describe the van as a small fun house. There was just so much going on. I, in the meantime shifted my attention back and forth between the outside world beyond the van and the van itself, making sure Chen and Baekhyun don't kill each other. 

Finally after quite sometime, the van came to a stop in front of the apartment complex. They all live on the third floor, while I occupy a room one floor below. Unfortunately my shift as a babysitter has only begun. I still have the whole night ahead of me. The boys filed out of the vehicle one by one. I had to wake up Minseok, Joomyun, and Yixing before getting off myself. Minseok and Joonmyun weren't  too difficult to coax out of the van. Yixing on the other hand took some time before he actually opened his eyes and was conscious enough to walk on his own toward the dorm. As soon as they reached the door of their apartment, they greeted me with a final"good night" and "sweet dreams" before closing the door behind them. Thank God. I'm alone.

I walked toward the elevator and pushed the "down" button. Within a few seconds, the lift had arrived and the doors slid open. I quickly walked in and leaned my back against the wall, taking in a deep breath. Maybe I should get a new job. The lift stopped and the doors slid open once again, revealing an empty hallway. I made my way down the long aisle, stopping at a door with the numbers "412." I fished my keys out of my purse and shoved the key into the key hole, twisted it and turned the knob, swinging the door inwards. I dropped my bag onto the floor and plopped down onto the sofa. 

"," I suddenly remembered that I had to text them all the schedule planned for tomorrow. I grabbed my phone and before I could even begin to type, a message pops up in front of the screen. I was from Jongin. 

Noona, what's the schedule for tomorrow?

I laughed. Wow, this kid doesn't usually ask. Why all of a sudden?

Funny you should ask. I was about to text you all the schedule. 

I waited a bit and he replied again.

Ah, alright. Thanks.

I walked over to my file cabinet and pulled out a file filled to the brim with paper. Flipping through the large stack of paper, I find the sheet containing the next day's schedule. I opened up a chat with all the boys on Kakao Talk and began to type:

Hey guys, don't sleep too late. Here's the schedule for tomorrow. 

6:30am-1:30pm Rehearsal for MCountdown performance at SM 

1:50pm Departure to Mnet 

2:30pm-3:20pm Hair and make up

3:30pm-7:00pm Performance recording: Monster

Okay I think that's it for tomorrow. Sweet dreams guys. :)

I pressed the "home" button at the bottom of my phone screen and placed it on the coffee table. It was 11:41pm. I contemplated whether I should take a bath or a shower. Standing up in front of a shower head seemed a little too tireing, but it was fast, meaning I could go to bed in a jiff. However, if I decided to take a bath, I'd be able to lay down and relax. In the end I decided I'd go with the shower. Squeezing in a quick shower and going to bed seemed like the better option at that point. 

After a warm shower, I plopped myself onto my bed without even trying to dry my hair. I laid my head on my pillow and pulled my dripping hair above my head and set it to my left side. I'm a side sleeper and I usually end up laying on my right side, so I guess placing my hair on my left side was the better plan. 12:10am. What a day it has been. Tomorrow is going to be equally as draining. 

"So lucky to be me," I said to myself and yawned. I should just sleep, I told myself. Within a few minutes, my eyes were shut and my brain drifted off into oblivion. That didn't last long, however.

It was about 3:30am. I was still deeply asleep. Then I heard it. A faint knocking sound resounded throughout my little apartment. I wasn't a very light sleeper but I wasn't a heavy one either considering that I could hear the knocking. I groaned, annoyed at the loud thumping noise. Should I get up? I asked myself. The knocking persisted. I groaned again and got up from my bed. Thankfully I keep a lamp on every night, so the room is well lit, enough for me to see and work my way out of the bedroom. The knocking still didn't stop. 

"I'm coming!" I said, annoyed. I unchained the door and twisted the lock. The door swung open without me even touching the knob. Surprised, I looked up at the figure before me. It was Jongin. 

"Jongin? What are you doing here?" His eyes and nose were puffy and a tad bit red. He shut his eyes tight, took in a breath and wiped them with the back of his hand. 

"Can I come in?" He asked, shakily. 

"O-oh, sure. Come in," I say flustered. What happened to him?