Midnight In Seoul [fluff ver.]

Midnight in Seoul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Midnight In Seoul-

Smile." Yoongi encouraged, sticking the camera in Hoseok's face. His words sounded more like an order, but Hoseok had known Yoongi long enough to know that it simply was just how he talked.

"No--my teeth are crooked." he whined, protesting and pushing the camera away. The dark haired boy grabbed a nearby throw pillow and buried his face in it to cover his blush. Yoongi always wanted to take pictures of Hoseok, it was his small obsession. Hoseok never could quite understand why his best friend was so fixated on what he believed to be his plain, boring, face, with no help from his 'crooked' smile; but he never tried to stop him either. 

Flash!

"But I like your smile," Yoongi frowned, looking down at his camera. His frown dissolved, the corners of his mouth curling upwards as he looked over the photo he just took. Hoseok's face was buried into the pillow, his arms wrapped tightly around it. He looked like a little kid--even more than he already did. Yoongi turned the camera to show Hoseok the snap, the pillow hugger's cheeks heating up immediately. 

"Aish--why do you always take pictures of me looking so stupid," he pouted, standing up from his position on the floor. He said this, yet he didn't try to get Yoongi to delete it.

"We need more beer, right?" he asked rhetorically as his bare feet pitter-pattered against the wood and into the tiled kitchen. The dorm, which was usually liberated by the cries of young men all with the same passion for music, was empty tonight--except for the two. The other group members were no where to be found; Hoseok had no clue as to where the members were tonight, but he'd probably guess that they were at Seoul's Time Square celebrating the New Year without them. Yoongi, however, knew exactly where the other five were...and so did his wallet. He'd paid the boys to go out tonight and told them to make themselves busy all night long, and to not return until 2016. He had bold plans in mind, and he wasn't going to let the others ruin them. 

"Well maybe if you smiled, you wouldn't look so "stupid." But to Yoongi, Hoseok didn't look stupid at all. He looked beautiful--as always. Whenever Yoongi got caught taking a picture of muse, he'd have to remind him again of his natural good looks. You look so handsome...The light hits just right--you look radiant....Every picture Yoongi has of Hoseok reminded him of just how beautiful he was.

He sighed and looked towards the muted television set from his spot on the floor by the couch. It was New Year's eve after all; everyone on the screen was cheering inaudibly, wrapped in their scarves and holding their loved ones close. The green haired boy exhaled another sigh, his hand reaching out for the beer Hoseok had brought for him. Hoseok joined in his longing gaze, slumping down right next to Yoongi and setting another six-pack on the glass table in ftront of them. Their shoulders were touching. Setting the camera down on the coffee table, Yoongi propped one leg up, resting his elbow on his knee and popping the beer can open. He took a swig and gestured towards the TV. 

"Why are we here, when we could be there?" Yoongi asked, another sigh tickling his lips. He knew exactly why they were at the dorm instead of a busy city street in Seoul; he couldn't do all the things that he wanted to do to Hoseok on a public street, now could he? Yoongi titled his head back and gulped his can down, the foamy beer going down his throat with ease. 

Hoseok watched him drink, impressed with his ability to do it so well. Quietly, he watched his best friend's adams' apple bob with every gulp; his eyes squeezing shut before pulling back and wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.

"Jesus--slow down. You're seriously depressing me." Hoseok chuckled, taking a long sip to try and catch up with Yoongi's drinking. 

"But, you're right. We could be apart of the crowd, ringing in the new year with a bang; and when the clock strikes midnight you find that special person and you kiss them as everyone around you is screaming, laughing, cheering..." he trailed off, frowning and tapping his finger against the can, slowly getting lost in his own thoughts. Hoseok wished he wasn't single so he could have someone to kiss on New Years. He couldn't remember a time when he had someone to kiss in the first place. Being an idol was honestly kinda lonely. Luckily he had Yoongi and his other band members to keep him company, but those relationships simply aren't enough for a growing boy like Hoseok. 

Yoongi eyed him, biting his lip. "Yeah..." he trailed off, grabbing the remote and turning the TV's sound back on. Anything to change the mood. He hated seeing Hoseok frown, and felt even worse about the fact that his words caused it.

And with a click of a button; music mixed with inebriated cheers and laughter filled the room. The camera panned by a wall of Korean citizens their face and blurred waves to the camera flickering past like candles in the wind. Everyone looked so happy to be there; so happy to be out in the cold, celebrating like theres no tomorrow. A stupid, crooked smile formed on Hoseok's face as he took another sip. He shifted his weight, and laid his head on Yoongi's shoulder. 

Flash!

"Wha--stop!" Hoseok whined, sitting up and punching Yoongi's shoulder. "See this is why we can't have nice things. You always take too many ugly pictures of me."

"They're not ugly. You look beautiful." Yoongi insisted blatantly, looking at the frame.

"I finally got your smile." Yoongi said, his words a small victory for him. He cracked open another beer, finishing it within seconds. His tolerance for alcohol was extremely high, so he needed as much liquid courage for when the countdown started, for when he decided he would make his big move. 

He zoomed in on Hoseok's face, brushing his thumb against the screen. God...he was everything. Yoongi felt like he could stare at that picture forever--this perfect snapshot from a perfect moment. Moments like this reminded him that he wanted his best friend to be more than just that. Watching him smile, made him smile too. He couldn't remember when he started to feel like this--the two had been close since their debut, there was no doubt about that, but over the years, Hoseok went fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter