Ch.23

Endless Emotion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The windows of Minho’s car were rolled down as he drove the short distance over to Taemin’s high school. It was a nice day out, sun high in the sky with several fully clouds, the warm spring air blowing with a gentle breeze; he sort of regretted that he couldn’t spend some time outside today. But he was on his way to pick up Taemin and go to the hospital, because today was finally the day he was going to meet Taemin’s mother. Of course, the original plan had been to go yesterday, because devious Taemin made it so Minho refused.

When he pulled into the school parking lot, he saw his boyfriend waiting near the entrance to the school with Key. He smiled and pulled out his phone and texted Taemin that he was here and two minutes later Taemin bounced over to him cheerfully and climbed into the passenger side of the car, quickly leaning over for a quick kiss.

“Hi,” He said with a grin.

“Hey,” Minho replied, smiling as well. He put his car in reverse and turned to pull out of the parking lot.

“So unfortunately we can’t visit my mom for very long, only ten minutes or so,” Taemin informed him on the way to the hospital. He was really excited for Minho to finally meet his mom (he’d already met his dad a few times). The older boy was having mixed feelings. He was excited, yes, but on the other hand really nervous, as anyone would be.

When he parked his car in the hospital parking lot they got out and walked hand in hand together to the elevator. Minho smiled softly as he watched Taemin bounce around, high on energy (and he suspected an energy drink as well). He knew how much Taemin loved his mother, and he was glad that Taemin wasn’t letting her being sick get to him.

When the elevator halted at the sixth floor, Taemin pulled Minho by the hand down the hall to his mother’s room. He sighed in relief that the lights were on and her bed was propped up, she was sitting with a book in her hand. When she saw that he was here she smiled and set the book aside.

“Umma! I’m back! And I brought Minho this time too,” Taemin said, trying to keep his voice level down as not to disturb the other patients. He’d already gotten in trouble a few times already.

“It’s nice to meet you, Minho. I’ve heard a lot about you,” She said in a weak voice. Minho nodded and smiled as he stood at his boyfriend’s side.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you too. Taemin never stops talking about you,” He said politely.

“Umma, are you feeling better today? Did appa come visit you already? Oh, and I can’t come tomorrow because me and Key are going out shopping together,” Taemin babbled on. Minho smiled at his enthusiasm and silently listened to the conversation. He intertwined his fingers with Taemin’s and squeezed his hand.

A few minutes later the nurse came in and informed them that they had to leave now, the ten minutes were up. Taemin frowned and pouted, but kissed his umma on the cheek and promised to be back soon.

“Minho, I hope you’ll take good care of my Taemin for me,” She said to him. The look in her eye meant to much more; Minho got her hidden message. Take care of Taemin when she’s gone.

“Of course, I will. I love Taemin very much and I’ll always be there for him,” He replied seriously.

Taemin froze slightly when he heard this, but said nothing as they left the room and headed back downstairs to the entrance. Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter