Chapter 15 - Flashbacks for breakfast

You and Me : The life of an Executive

Soo Jin woke up the next day with a raging headache. As she sat up in bed, she tried to rub the hangover out of her brain. It wasn't the usual alcohol induced hangover. No, it was more of a flashback induced one. The pain was renewed when all of the memories of what happened last night flooded back to her. And all of a sudden she was brought back to last night, sitting on one of the dining chairs that she had dragged to the living room for Won and herself. 

Tan and her sister were sitting across from them on the couch, while Gook was sound asleep upstairs. Jin Ae fidgeted with the baby monitor in her hands as she stared up at Soo Jin. Tan was studying his brother with a curious gaze, thoughts and scenarios going through his head. Won simply sat back in his chair, emotionless and Soo Jin was, in fact, having a little internal panic attack. She looked around at everyone and wondered how everyone was so calm at the current revelation of her dating status. 

"Right." Jin Ae said finally, placing the monitor on her lap. "So...you guys are dating huh?" she said awkwardly. 

"You guys always had a 'some' relationship." Tan interjected before both of them could answer.

"Some?" Jin Ae turned to look at Tan.

"Uh-huh. " Tan nodded, still studying his brother. "My brother was much more involved in this deal than he was with any other ones. They even went out to hang out with friends." He said before turning to Jin Ae. "Your sister's friend. He doesn't have any of his own." Tan finalised. Won was staring at his brother, wondering how far his baby brother would take it.

"I see..." Jin Ae nodded slowly. "So, he doesn't do this often huh?" Jin Ae said to herself, as she her chin like a detective thinking of a solution. 

"Yah, stop it." Soo Jin snapped at her sister. At the same time she was wondering whether or not to tell the wholetruth. She bit her tongue as she thought about it. But of course, Won being the calm and collected person that he always is beat her to it.

"And anyway that isn't it." Won said in a bored voice.

"What?!" The younger siblings exclaimed in unison.

Soo Jin shuddered in her bed as she thought back to how synchronised her younger sister was with his younger brother. But that wasn't the worst part. No, of course it wasn't. And in true movie style, her brain just had to force the flashback on her.

Her sister's shocked face was etched deeply into her mind. And it was one of those rare occasions where her sister had a genuine shocked expression too. But what really hurt Soo Jin was the betrayed look that her sister had. 

"What?"Jin Ae said, with that betrayed look. "You mean there's more?" she looked at Soo Jin so intently that Soo Jin thought she could see the hurt dancing around in her sister's eyes. 

"Er...yes." Soo Jin had answered guiltily. 

"But first." Won stopped the round of questioning that was bound to start. "Can we trust you two to keep a secret?" He asked both of them intently.

Tan scoffed at his brother. "Hyung, are you determined on hurting my feelings?" He huffed, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Huh?" Won furrowed at his brother's question.

"I mean, who do you think I am?" Tan grumbled. "Do you think I'm that untrustworthy?" He continued, not allowing Won to answer. "And you were the one who kept so many secrets, you should be the one who I can't trust." Tan murmured the last part.

"Forget I asked." Won said.

"No, but really, can we trust you?" Soo Jin was the one to ask this time.

"I guess..." Tan answered, still feeling grumpy.

"Whatever." Jin Ae sat back and crossed her arms. Soo Jin knew that it was as close to a yes as she was going to get. Soo Jin turned to Won and nodded, giving him the green light.  

"Well..." Won began. "President Kim and I made a deal." He said.

"Alright, what is it this time. " Tan eyed his brother.

"Just shut up, I'm trying to explain." Won said. "Okay, that night when I sent her home, some drunk guy came and tried to make a scene."

"But he didn't know that it was my ex." Soo Jin interrupted.

"Right. And so, I gave him the impression that I'm her boyfriend." Won continued. "And then I found out..."

"That Myeong Su, my ex was constantly bothering me." Soo Jin finished for him. 

"Yes, and so I volunteered to help her with it. " Won finished. 

The younger siblings looked at their brother and sister in awe and shock for what felt like the millionth time that night. "So, what you're saying is, you guys..." Jin Ae pointed from one to the other. "...are in a fake relationship?" 

"And hyung...you instigated this whole thing?" Tan asked, inching forward a little. 

Both Soo Jin and Won nodded.

Both Tan and Jin Ae looked at them, unable to speak.

Soo Jin remembered how she was afraid of the outburst that her sister was bound to have. So she was surprised when her sister and Kim Tan both breathed out "Daebak", instead of bursting out into a relay of questions. She was surprised at how calm both of them were.

The rest of the night was filled with information for both of the younger siblings. They were told the whole thing, so they could better help in hiding the fact. The younger siblings on the other hand were delighted. They never thought they would ever see the day where they could see this part of their brother and sister. Sure, they were astonished at first, but then, after that it was pure fascination and it didn't take much to convince them to help.

Soo Jin giggled in her bed. "Now that she was reaching the end of her flashback, she couldn't help but feel how ridiculous the situation they're in is. But then again, it had been a while since she had any kind of fun.

She shook her head as she swung her legs off of the side of the bed. She decided it was time to stop reminiscing and time to make some new memories. She had to go to work. The filming of the film will begin real soon and she knows she'll be busy. There was no time to think about her "relationship" or "boyfriend".

While Soo Jin was having a bit of lie in before hurriedly making herself coffee and grabbing a bun for breakfast on the go, in Chairman Kim's household, everyone was up early and the whole family was having breakfast around the massive dining table made out of marble and fine quality wood.  

Won was slowly spooning oats into his mouth. His father at the head of the table was leisurely drinking a glass of orange juice. His stepmother to his right was forking at lettuce leaves on her plate. His father's mistress on the other hand was having a breakfast that was the exact opposite of his stepmother's. She was having pancakes laden with syrup, topped with bacon. 

"Tsk.Tsk. Tsk." the chairwoman shook her head as she looked at her husband's mistress' plate. "How can you put that in your body?" she said, chasing the tomato on her plate with her fork. "You're destroying yourself, you know." She added.  

The mistress looked at her through narrowed eyes. "If I destroy myself, what is it to you?" she hissed.

"Nothing, really..." the chairwoman held up a piece of lettuce with her fork and examined it absentmindedly. "In fact, it'll make me very happy." She continued, her voice laden with venom. "But I do appreciate it if you'd do it out of sight. " Finally the lettuce made its way to . She chewed slowly, because she knew it would annoy the mistress even more. 

"You. If we weren't at the dinner table, I would just..." the mistress gripped her knife and fork tightly. 

"Omma." Tan warned his mother, making her loosen her grip instantly.

Tan's mother cleared . "But I won't give you the satisfaction." She added before going back to her pancake. 

The chairwoman was about to respond when the chairman interrupted. "After all these years..." He shook his head at both of their behaviours. "Could you at least act civil like your sons when we all sit together?" He took a deep breath and turned to his wife, "You're my first son's stepmother and will always be." He then turned to his mistress. "You're my second son's mother." He said. "We all have our rights, so let's respect each other." 

" We can't help it, if that's how we are." The mistress mumbled, while the chairwoman glared at her husband.

the chairman turned his attention to his two sons. "So, where did you two go last night?" He looked from one son to the other.  

"Kurae, you were out pretty late last night." Tan's mother placed a hand on her son's arm. 

"You were together, no less." The Chairwoman continued. "You two are never together by choice." 

There was silence for a while before Won spoke. "Just somewhere." He answered with an emotionless voice. 

"Yeah, but where is that somewhere?" Tan's mother turned her attention to her son. 

"You don't need to know." Tan answered using a voice just like his brother. 

"Something's weird. You guys never get along." The chairwoman crossed her arms across her chest. 

At least for once, the mistress and the chairwoman got along, because the mistress then stared at the both of them with suspicion.

"Look." Won said, not looking away from his bowl. At first it seemed as if he was talking to nobody, but then he said, "When we don't get along, they complain, when we get along they complain."

Tan nodded. "Hmm... I guess it's true that you can't please everybody." He said.

"Yeah, I guess so." Won agreed. "Yah, want to get out of here?"

"Yeah." Tan said, setting his spoon down.

Won did the same with his spoon. "I'm going to work. See you later." He announced before leaving the table.

"Okay." Tan smiled. "I'm going to class. Bye." He said the last word brightly. Unlike his brother's cool stride, Tan practically skipped away. 

"Aigoo... You see what happens when you push them too much?" The mistress whined to the chairwoman. "We didn't get any details."

"Why, this little... " the chairwoman growled.

"Tsk.Tsk.Tsk." the chairman grabbed their attention. "Just what am I going to do with you two? " He got up and as he walked away, he shook his head as the two continued their favourite activity together, bickering. 

 

 

Ellie:  Hey guys, I know it's been over a month. I'm so sorry. I know this is long overdue. So, to make it up to you, I'm releasing two chapters at once. I hope it's not too terrible. I meant to include the layout to Soo Jin's house here, but my slow internet won't work and my laptop has been constantly laggy since it came back from repairs. I hope you forgive me for any wrong things in here. And I also included both Won's and Soo Jin's outfit in the next chapter. Copy and paste the link to see them on my twitter. I wanted to add in Won's sleeping clothes but the dang internet once again ruined that. I couldn't wait to release it, so I decided to just for go it. Anyway, hope you guys enjoy. *does a little bow*