Detention?

Detention

Sooyoung’s senses comes back with the sound of people chattering and…

 

“A hairdryer?” she popped her eyes open.

 

“Oh good! She’s awake!” the people around her clapped in glee.

 

She briskly looked around her. She’s inside a dressing room with lighted mirrors, tables full of makeup kits and unfamiliar faces, one is holding an active hairdryer, one has a makeup brush, and the other is holding a jewelry box. The rest were sitting on a couch looking at her. Puzzled of what’s happening, she glanced at her watch and was startled to see that it’s already 6:00 pm, and here she is sitting in front of a mirror, still wearing the dress she must iron in order to pass the detention gave by the rude Cho Kyuhyun before 6:30.

 

“Waaaaaah!!! Eotteohkaji?!! What is all of this??” she asked everyone in the room.

 

“Where getting you ready, my dear.”  Smiled the one with a hairdryer as they continued what they’re doing, now she’s wearing sparkling jewelry.

 

“I am really grateful to all of you for making me look like a princess for a very short time but I’m still on detention and I have to pass it because this is already my last chance. Please excuse me. I really must be going.” Sooyoung stands up, bowed and tries to take off her earrings.

 

“Wait! Don’t take that off! Do that in the washroom later. Just a few more touches, dear.” Says the one with a makeup brush as she did some small brushes on Sooyoung’s face.

 

“O…okay?” Sooyoung bowed again and went outside the dressing room and now she’s lost.

 

“Waaaaaaah! It’s 6:10 already. What should I do??! What if Kyuhyun’s in Room 558 already?” she bit her finger as she felt tears are about to build up. She’s in a dark hall and all she can see is a small light near the corner. She ran on her stilettos to the light and found out that it was a LED sign board with an arrow pointing to more light.

 

“Hey Choi!” she reads the sign board and followed the direction of the arrow. It points to another hall with many more lights. She has the feeling that she’s still on the university grounds, that she’s been walking in this very spot before but she don’t know where because it’s too dark to see.

 

“Please follow instructions. Follow the lights.” She reads the next sign board. Forgetting what she was stressed about earlier, she’s more confused now but decided to really follow instructions because she’s been in so many trouble for not properly following instructions.

 

“Please pick me up.” She reads the next light with an arrow pointing down a design letter I.

 

She picked it up and proceeded to more lights each pointing to a single design letter until she’s lead to a fully lighted end of the hall, leading to a bright area.

 

“Wait a minute!” she scans all the design letter she picked up before proceeding.

 

“These are the ones that I made earlier!!” her eyes was wide in shock as she shifts every letter. A sign board lighted up in front her, catching her attention.
 

“Please turn left, Choi.” She reads it and proceeded to the lighted area, still holding the design letters. Her eyes blurry in the light because she’s been in the dark for too long.

When her eyesight had adjusted to the light she was shock to be in front of the School’s gazebo and it is cover with posted photographs on it. She walked to it and examined it closely.

 

“IT’S ME!”

 

Her eyes widen to see that the Gazebo is full of her stolen photos stuck all over the posts. She looked at every single photo. There’s a photo of her when she introduced herself in front of class when she was a transferee during her 2nd year, when she was eating secretly at the school garden, when she was yawning, when she was laughing hard with Yoona and when she scrunches her forehead while staring down a paper.

 

She proceeds to the last set of photos. There’s a photo of her at the center of the gazebo, staring at the ground, her back as she walked on the aisle of the gazebo, photo of her sleeping in class, photo of her staring out of the window, photo of her peeling the aluminum wrapper of the chocolate, photo of her in the flower shop and a photo of her sleeping innocently on the makeup chair.

 

She wanted to look more of the photos but she stops to think.

 

“Who? Why?” she stares at her fingers to think.

 

“Are my shots, okay?” Sooyoung was startled by the voice beside her.

 

“Ch…Cho?!” she looked at Kyuhyun wearing a tuxedo, who is right now by her side, looking at her photos.

 

Kyuhyun faced her and smiled. “It’s almost 6:30 PM…”

 

Sooyoung gazed at her watch. Yeah, it’s almost 6:30 PM and she did nothing. She bowed her head. Though, she’s really confused of what’s happening her mind is still on passing the detention. A feeling of failure is creeping in her mind.

 

“Why do you have to do this to me, Cho?” tears forming in her eyes, she really tears up easily.

 

“Ssssshh… Don’t cry. You’re really beautiful especially tonight. Did you know that?” He takes the design letters from Sooyoung’s hand.

 

“Huh?” Sooyoung looked at Kyuhyun, puzzled.

 

Kyuhyun steps backward and placed a letter I on the center of the gazebo, not leaving his gaze on her eyes.

 

“I… Eversince I was young I really hated feeling extreme emotions.” Sooyoung just looked at Kyuhyun as he puts down a letter L below the letter I, not taking away his eyes from hers.

“I don’t want it that’s why I take things in a chill way and find ways to go through it with no sweat.” He puts down a letter O beside L, still looking at her.

“But, the moment you step inside the room on your first day here…” He puts a letter V beside O.

“…and the moment my eyes met yours for the first time, I started having this feeling that I can’t explain and it’s really hard for me to handle and to understand. I didn’t know why I can’t take my eyes off you, my photo gallery is full of you and my photo films always runs out because of you. I can’t help it and I admit it. I hated you for that.” He puts down a letter E beside the V.

“I don’t know how to respond to it. That’s why, I always end up pissing you off and those moments that you turn your back on me, I, too, end up pissed by myself, feeling very sorry again and again, thinking I’ve wasted another chance to get to you.” Kyuhyun stopped for a moment to study Sooyoung’s expression. A tear dropped from her eye as their gaze never leave each other.

“As years go by, this feeling that devours me whenever you’re around just keeps getting stronger and later on, I finally understand and know what it is. I should stop being a coward and face you like a grown man.” Kyuhyun continues and puts down the letter Y below the letter L.

 

“I know I’m not like your Jung Kyungho-ssi…” Kyuhyun puts down another letter O beside Y.

 

“…that you expected to see when you received that chain message I anonymously sent you this morning. It saddens me when he’s the one you were looking for that time, but it’s not an excuse for me to give you up. I know I can’t be him because the only thing I know is that, I can be your Kyuhyun-ssi. So I planned this, this whole Detention thing. It’s the only thing I know and thought about. ” Kyuhyun puts down the last design letter in his hand beside the letter O.

“Choi Sooyoung, you stole my heart, you have it, well not literally –Kyuhyun chuckles nervously- You’re on this so-called Detention for making me fall madly in love with you. I give it all to you now from now on because I’m this annoying jerk you always know, saying I love you Choi Sooyoung. Please give me a chance to show you what I really feel for you.”

 

Sooyoung doesn’t know what to say as she reads what the design letters, she made a while ago, says.

 

“I

 LOVE

 YOU”

 

Her heart keeps skipping a beat a she listened to Kyuhyun just now. Kyuhyun, on the other hand, is playing with his hands and his tie. Sooyoung found it really cute. She can’t believe what she just heard now. “The Great Cho Kyuhyun? All this time, is in love with me?” her chubby cheeks flushed as she gets that tingling feeling while absorbing everything. All this time there was this sweet and loving Kyuhyun behind that evil and annoying Kyuhyun after all and she just failed to see it.

 

“…he's handsome, cute, and cool and every girl's daydream yeah his physical attributes are of my type but sorry dearies, this lunatic infront of me surely has personality problems. If only he would treat me nicely…”

 

Sooyoung looked at the shy Kyuhyun in front of her who’s avoiding her gaze. The sight made her cheeks rise in a smile.

 

Sooyoung went closer to Kyuhyun who’s playing with his fingers and gave him a hug. Kyuhyun was caught off guard and freeze on his spot.

Sooyoung giggled and whispered close to his ear. “My Cho Kyuhyun-ssi?

 

At the same time, Kyuhyun’s heartbeat began thumping harder and harder because of the sudden contact.

 

“…Welcome to my heart.”

 

Kyuhyun was on Cloud 9 with those words. His tense body relaxed and he hugged the girl he loves closer to him, not wanting to let her go.

“I love you, Soo. Thank you for letting me love you.” he says while hugging her. Sooyoung just smiled and rested her face on his chest.

After a few minutes, Kyuhyun pulled away and looked at the girl in front him.

 

"Ah! I almost forgot!" Sooyoung just watched Kyuhyun, with a puzzled look on her face, as he gets something behind a post of the gazebo.

 

"Baby Pink it is then?" Kyuhyun smiled as he hands her the bouquet of flowers. Sooyoung on the other hand, cups with her hands.

"Even this? You planned all of this? You're crazy, Cho!" Sooyoung exclaimed as reached for the bouquet of flowers she made earlier.

"You're fault, Ms. Choi. I really can't get enough of you eversince the first day. Man! I'm being cheesy!" Kyuhyun just chuckled as Sooyoung covers her face with the bouquet.

“It’s already 6:30 PM and I’m glad that the gown looks very perfect now...” Sooyoung looked up at Kyuhyun, trying to hide her smile to his words.

“But, I don’t have its tuxedo.”

“Well, its tuxedo also looks perfect now…” Kyuhyun spreads his arms and showed her what he’s wearing. 

 

He’s wearing it.

 

“Cocky as ever, Cho. Tsss.” Kyuhyun chuckled as Sooyoung rolled her eyes, still trying to hide her smile.

 

“So does that mean I succeeded my Detention this time?” Sooyoung sticks out her tongue at Kyuhyun.

 

He just pulled Sooyoung for another hug and said,

 

“In reality, It was never you’re Detention, Soo. It was mine all this time.”

 

Everything is clear for Sooyoung now and she hugged her bully back, leaning her head on his shoulder, hiding her smile.

 

-END-

 

(A/N: Okay~ I got rid of the chapter thingy because first of all this is just a oneshot KyuYoung fic, second, it's a one-day scenario and third, I find it crappy.HAHAHAHA I forgot to post the ending, silly me T^T Well~ Busy days. kekeke~ Hope you liked it! Thanks for reading :D You can comment and tell me your thoughts ^^ I would love that. (: KyuYoung~ *O* )