epilogue

Rules & Regulations

Baekhyun is humming to himself as he cooks by the stove. It isn't a classical piece that he's humming but your current favourite song, which he knows only because you play it so much. You pad over to him and wrap your arms around his waist, which makes him turn around to see you resting your cheek on his shoulder blade.

"Morning, sweetheart," he chuckles as he brings his free hand to snake around your body and press you closer to him.

"You left me," you grumble, pinching his tummy. He yelps a little and lets you go. You move away to stand next to him.

"I came out to cook for you," he says, glancing at your sleepy look before turning to really stare at you.

He takes in the view of you in your and a dress shirt that belongs to him, ed and exposing quite a bit of skin. Baekhyun reaches out to push the placket away with a finger, only to realise that you're not wearing any bra underneath that. You laugh at his reaction; looking so shocked but appearing to like it a bit too much. You hug the side of his body and he slings his arm around you, resting his hand in your cheek. You lay your head in the crook of his shoulder and watch Baekhyun cook an omelette.

"Are we going anywhere today?" you murmur as his finger lines the lace that is framing your underwear.

He makes a face. "I promised your dad I'd help out at the workshop." You huff, so he looks down at you and kisses the top of your head. "You could come with?"

"No thanks," you mutter, extricating yourself from his hold. "I have to study," you say as you walk to the fridge to get yourself a glass of milk.

"Bring your materials to the workshop then," he suggests.

You turn around once you've kept the milk, noticing how his body is now turned to you instead of the stove so that he is staring at you. His eyes drop to your chest and you know that it's because the placket of the shirt must have moved and exposed your s. He quickly focuses his eyes back on you when you clear your throat.

"When we got married you promised you won't work on Sundays," you grumble. He sighs and you know that he must be feeling bad because he can't just bail on your father like this. But you also know he is already breaking, so you offer, "I'll talk to my dad for you?" Baekhyun bites his bottom lip, eyebrows furrowing as he thinks about it. "And let you take me however way you want?" you bait, stalking towards him slowly, almost in a cat-like manner.

"Even in the kitchen?" he breathes, eyes scanning your body from head to toe. He gulps when you nod. "And over the counter?"

"Yes," you chuckle. "If you promise you won't go anywhere today."

"I promise," he says breathlessly, turning the fire off as quickly as he can before pulling you roughly towards him.

 

 

"Guess which hand has your treat," you coo, holding out your tightly held fists out to Honey to sniff. 

Sehun and Kai are sitting on the ground with you, watching you play with their dog. Honey sniffs both your hands before prodding the left one and turning your fist over. You laugh and open it up where a handful of dry treats sit, waiting to be gobbled up by her. She eats them off your hand and your palm clean. You her head before getting up to wash your hand, at the same time to check your phone. There is a text from Baekhyun that came 11 minutes ago, informing you that he was coming home soon. Based on your usual calculations, you know that by now, he should already be on the way up.

"What are you doing?" Sehun questions when you stand behind his door, looking through the keyhole. 

Just then, Baekhyun walks past the apartment and you quickly open the door.

"Baby," you call out, causing him to turn to you while in the middle of keying in the passcode to your apartment. He looks surprised to see you in Sehun's so you beckon him over, "Sehun cooked too much so he invited us over." 

He makes a face even as he walks towards you. "Oh, I invited Junmyeon over for dinner though." He snakes his arm around your waist and kisses you on the lips. Then he looks behind you where Sehun and Jongin are sitting, staring at the both of you. Your husband nods at them, "Hey." 

"Baekhyun said he invited Junmyeon to our house for dinner," you mention. 

Kai shakes his head, "It's fine, he can join us. This idiot cooked the entire packet of pasta."

"We have wine at home, we could bring a bottle," Baekhyun offers. You nod even as you undo the top most button of his shirt. "And I should really take a shower, I was on site for the whole day."

"Mm, yeah," you agree when you bury your nose in his collar. "You stink." 

He smacks your playfully and you giggle. Sehun accepts the offer, probably so he wouldn't have to see the skinship you and Baekhyun are displaying, and you follow your husband back to your apartment. 

Baekhyun and you got married the moment you graduated from your bachelor degree, since there was still time for a wedding and a honeymoon before you could join medical school. So while you were studying to be a doctor for the next four years, he was already working as an interior designer, and part-time helping out at your father's workshop. Medical school was stressful and hectic; there were many days you had to do overnight shifts in the hospital and honestly, you had one too many breakdowns. But your husband was encouraging; he visited during lunch hour whenever he could, pampering you with baths or massages at home, sometimes even surprising you with gifts. 

But more than anything, you really wouldn't have made it if Sehun wasn't with you. He chose to do medicine too and God was nice enough to always made sure he had placements in the same hospital as you did. When you thought both your friendship couldn't have gotten any stronger, surviving med school together made you realise that you were dead wrong. The nights in which the both of you stayed up to study or to cover someone else's shift made you so much closer than before. The moment you graduated, you and Sehun decided to open to a clinic together. Not only that, but he also became your neighbour, when you had told him that the apartment next to yours was vacant and was looking for someone to buy over. 

Baekhyun was extremely supportive of everything and he even takes care of Sehun like his own brother. Jongin comes over very often with Honey, more often than not staying over for a few days at a time. It's a little crazy with all of you as neighbours, but you also couldn't have asked for anything else. 

"Sweetheart!" you hear Baekhyun calling from the bathroom, so you walk over as you wear your bra. Baekhyun is staring at you through the glass of the shower stall. "You weren't wearing a bra?" he questions indignantly. "Even while you were in front of two men?"

"They're gays, Baekhyun," you remind him, rolling your eyes slightly. 

"No..." he drags out, turning off the water. "They like women too, which means they also get when they see s," he opens the door of the shower stall and gestures to your s. 

"No, they don't," you mutter, crossing your arms. "And what did you want?"

"Don't tell me you've never seen those girls leave their apartment," he looks at you like you're stupid. "And I forgot to get a towel." 

You sigh and grab your own towel, throwing it at him instead of getting him a new one. "Jongin said they were just his colleagues," you tell him as you walk out of the bathroom with him following you. "They were working OT and lived too far to go home that late at night." 

"Bull," he rolls his eyes. The both of you face each other as you dress yourselves. "Okay, say you were right, but with that body," he gestures to your half body from head to toe. "You could turn any gay men straight." 

You put a hand to your chest, "That's so sweet of you, Baekhyun." 

"That's not the point," he gives you a deadpanned stare. You're still smiling at him, so he shakes his head and continues wearing his clothes. "Just never go there braless again," he points a finger at you sternly. "Only I can see you without a bra." 

"You're such a romantic today, Baekhyun!" you gasp dramatically, now putting two hands to your chest, more specifically, on your s. "I love you," you coo, just as the doorbell sounds. 

He sighs and walks over to you, grabs your face in his hands and gives you a kiss on the lips. "I love you too, but seriously." You nod and he hums, letting go of you. "Now wear your clothes, I'll get the door." 

He gives you another peck on the lips before walking out of the room, closing the door. While you wear your clothes, you hear Junmyeon's voice and cupboard doors closing, which means that Baekhyun has already gotten the wine. You leave the room quickly and Junmyeon turns to you. 

"There you are!" he grins. "I was starting to think Baekhyun might have scared you away from this marriage." 

Your husband rolls his eyes while you hug his best friend, having missed him. As you talk and catch up, you get a few wine glasses before going over to the apartment next door. Junmyeon hugs the two boys when they see each other, since it has been a little too long since they met.

"We should ask Junmyeon to buy over that place just above us," you murmur quietly to yourself as you watch Junmyeon converse so naturally with them. But this also means that Baekhyun could hear you too, since he is just next to you, his arm around your waist.

"Oh, nooo," he locks his arm around your waist while his other hand covers your mouth. "I don't need him to constantly nag at me," he whisper-hisses into your ear. "Just us like that would be good enough." Your arguments are muffled behind his hand, so you his palm and he immediately pulls away from you. He looks at you with surprise on his face, "Did you just  me?" You grin at him and he shakes his head as he cleans his palm on his shirt. 

"What's so bad about having Junmyeon to live with us in the same building?" you ask in amusement.

"Do you want to have pencils in our letterbox just to have him to call us to remind us to return them to him?" Baekhyun gives you a look and you cannot help yourself from laughing. It has been years since the days where Junmyeon used to throw pencils at him and yet your husband still has a fear of that.

"What are you guys talking about?" Sehun wonders when he sees you chortling with laughter. 

"About how Jun—"

Baekhyun covers your mouth again, which sets off another fit of giggles within you. "Nothing," he answers too quickly. "Shall we start dinner?" he looks at each of them, a nervous smile on his face. 

He can be six years older than you and can act like a total man, but when it comes to Junmyeon, he turns into a small boy who is afraid of his older brother. It's cute, really. 

As the three guys set up the table, Baekhyun pulls you aside and whispers to you, "If you ever bring that up, you're getting it tonight." 

"Oooh, how bad?" you tease, wriggling your eyebrows. 

"Oh, really bad, missy," his eyes hold a mischievous glint and he has a playful small smile on his lips. 

 

 

 


Author's note:

Finally!!!!! I really didn't know how to end this, so I'm just throwing things in lol... And that last sentence was on purpose, just to give Baekhyun a little bit of naughty trait (if anyone read His Dark Side then you'd be reminded of the Mr. Byun from there)

So yeah, I hope you guys enjoyed this fic as much as I enjoyed writing it! Thank you all for the support, the comments, the subscriptions, the upvotes, the patience. Some of you have asked for a PDF file for this but unfortunately, I am busy and don't have time to compile everything into a PDF. I hope you understand and please stop asking me to make one... Thank you and see you guys!

See you around
xoxo

 

P.s. for those hoping, I'll most probably start updating Life as Mrs. Byun because that's finishing soon too, I think.. And if I can I'll update WFT too :-)