Chapter 21

You Must Protect Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE; THE DEVIL'S CHOIR.

"But she supposed he also didn't have a choice"

It felt good for Hope to be able to clean herself off under the warm water coming from the showerhead, it felt even better knowing there was food put in her stomach and three days of dirt was being ridden from her body. What made Hope happiest though, was when she found out Zelo was completely charged and moving around as if he hadn’t gone completely flat, unlike the sluggish movements he provided at the table earlier. Hope shut the water off, stepping out of the shower and moving to dry herself off with a towel not long before a knock came from the other side of the door that had her flinching in shock.

“Hope? It’s just me, Yongguk. We’re back and I have your things with me” Yongguk’s voice travelled through the door and Hope hurried to wrap the towel around herself and open the door so that she could peek out at her leader.

“Hi” She smiled and Yongguk turned away from the bed that he was sitting her things on.

“Oh right, here’s a fresh pair of clothes and your bathroom things” Yongguk picked the items up and walked them over to her with a smile.

“Thank you Yongguk” She grinned and the older male chuckled, lifting his hand to pat her wet hair.

“No problem Hope, now get back in there and dry yourself off before you get sick” He ordered and Hoped nodded, watching him rush out of the room before she shut the door to the bathroom, finishing drying her body off and getting dressed in the comfy clothes. Now she was even happier to have her hairbrush and toothbrush with her as well as her perfumes and deodorant.

------------

“Hey Hope, would you like to join us?” A voice that Hope had never heard before caught the attention of the young girl as she entered the lobby of the run down motel. She looked around with wide eyes at the setup and the person smiling at her as they waited for her answer.

“Um, ok” She walked over to where a cute boy with dimples and light hair was sitting with a smile absently showing on his lips. There was a TV set up, and with that TV was a Wii set up that two more boys were using to dance along to the song that was playing rather loudly from the TV’s speakers, filling the motel with the bright song.

“Hi, I’m Lay. That one over here is Luhan and the one that is really bad at dancing over there is Chanyeol” Lay continued to smile, introducing the lost girl to himself and his friends as she nodded, shaking the hand that he offered to her.

“Excuse me I am doing the best I can and I’m proving myself to be rather good at this game!” The taller boy, the one named Chanyeol shouted in protest and it made Hope let out a giggle when he whacked Luhan with his arm, making the other boy lose his grip on the remote he was holding as he screamed out in pain from the impact. Zelo rushed into the lobby, following the sound of the music and beaming when he saw Hope awake and communing with the other people.

“Good morning Hope!” He exclaimed in his bright tone when he sat down next to her and when she turned to look at him her eyes widened.

“Zelo! You’re ok!” She cheered in delight as she jumped into the lap of the cheery boy making the robot laugh as he hugged her close to him. This was Hope’s first time actually seeing the boy awake and not threatening to drop dead face first into his bowl. Hope had known that he would be back to his old self soon when she had been looking for Yongguk, only to find him having to explain himself and why Zelo was plugged into the wall to charge, she was surprised that Yongguk was trusting them with the information, but she supposed he also didn’t have a choice when Kris and Suho had both caught him red handed.

“You’re ok” She muttered again and Zelo nodded with his chin resting on her shoulder.

“And so are you” He responded to which Hope nodded in return the same way that he had against her shoulder.

“I’m glad you’re ok” She sighed and Zelo giggled, squeezing her tightly whilst making sure the fragile human wouldn’t combust because of his own affection towards her.

“I should have gotten to say that first. But you have to watch me beat this guy at this game” Zelo grinned getting up and putting Hope on her feet, letting her move to sit back down. He took the remote off of Chanyeol and Luhan gave his to Lay, rubbing his arm as he moved to sit down, his hands moving to rub just about every part of his body once he was seated. Hope cringed, Chanyeol’s limbs were clearly uncontrollable and it had obviously taken its toll on Luhan.

“Breakfast is served!” An excited D.O yelled not long later and feet began shuffling in the direction of the kitchen in excitement. Hope stood up, walking past those who were to busy chatting away to rush into the kitchen. She looked down the hall on her way past spotting Daehyun walking at a quick pace towards the kitchen, a glint in his eyes that soon resonated in Hope’s as they made eye contact. They both broke out into a sprint towards the doors to the kitchen. D.O jumped when he heard the doors slammed open but continued trying to concentrate on making the last two eggs in the pan the perfect circle as they cooked, he ignored the grunting and grumbling, the snarky remarks and loud shoves coming from behind him as Hope wrestled with Daehyun roughly to get a plate and speed over to Kyungsoo.

“Oh” Kyungsoo jumped in shock when they tapped him on the shoulder.

“Good morning you two?” Kyungsoo looked at them both, staring at Daehyun a little longer as he took in the strangers look, they were both eager and panting a little and he then realised it was them causing all the commotion he had been trying to ignore.

“That’s Daehyun, Daehyun this is Kyungsoo, I don’t think you guys had the honour of introducing yourselves yet” Hope panted out and the two nodded to each other.

“Nice to meet you” D.O took Hope’s plate first and she cheered as Daehyun frowned behind his mask.

“There is tin spaghetti on the table again!” Kyungsoo smiled when he gave Hope her plate back and she thanked him happily.

“Little brat” Daehyun sent a light pun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter