Chapter 20

You Must Protect Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWENTY: RUN FOR IT.

"Welcome to what we all call home from now on"

“What are we doing?” Hope asked, her tone laced with concern and confusion as she was shoved into the backseat of a van that was not familiar to her.

“We’re getting you away from them, so shove over” Hope let out a grunt when an unfamiliar boy came up behind her, Zelo hanging over his shoulder as if he were a designer brand bag with Jongup watching him cautiously from behind.

“Hurry up will you Suho” The boy shouted out the door of the van as Yongguk put himself in the passenger seat and four more people jumped into the rows in front Hope and behind the front seats.

“This is against the law, there are too many people in this van for it to go on the road without a hefty fine” Suho screamed in panic.

“Like that even matters, just get us out of here Suho” Yongguk rumbled, a finger pointing sharply at the road. Suho jumped into the driver’s seat, starting the engine and moving out onto the road at an unruly speed. Men from within the building chased the others out as they raced to the second van, fighting them off as they climbed on board to follow Suho’s speedy get away.

“Zelo” Hope turned to the robot, shaking him by the shoulder. But she only got the repetitive beeping in response. She let out a grunt in the noisey vehicle as the drive that felt to be hours long began for them. She could see the second van following them in the rearview mirror and she watched it follow at a steady pace until her eyes were drooping shut and she was sleeping with her head against Zelo’s arm with a feminine faced boy looking at her curiously.

------------

“Wakey wakey girl, I’m not about to carry you and this giant out of the car” Hope blinked as she came to, her tired eyes struggling to stay open and adjust to her new surroundings, meeting the face of the pretty flower boy that had been sitting next to her this whole time.

“Where are we?” She asked immediately as she rubbed her eyes and blinked at him.

“Welcome to what we all call home from now on” Hope groaned again, another person she was not familiar with moving behind her and giving her a heavy pat on her shoulder, waking her up a little more as shock ran through her.

“You know, I don’t really like people I don’t know touching me, but I’ll let you off because I’m tired” Hope yawned, not bothering to put up a fight as she slipped out of the van and out of the way. The stranger followed her, scooping her into his arms and making another jolt of surprise run through her, but she felt too weak to fight against him.

“Yongguk” She croaked out, seeing his blurred figure walk past her in the stranger’s arms. He looked at her weakened state and nodded to the boy holding her.

“Please put her somewhere that she can rest comfortably” Yongguk nodded, walking away from them as the boy smiled and lead her into what Hope thought was a motel.

“You can call me Chen” The boy smiled down at her and Hope nodded, closing her eyes again as the sound of numerous voices collided with her ears.

“I’ll go and start with cooking something for everyone” The noise started to fade out and the only thing Hope heard was the steps of Chen’s feet as he walked down the hall.

“This one should be fine” Chen mumbled to himself and Hope registered the sound of a door being kicked open, shocking into opening her eyes again.

“Thank you, Chen” Hope smiled weakly as Chen put her back on her feet so that she could make herself comfortable on the bed in the corner of the room.

“It’s no problem” He moved to pull back the covers and they both covered their mouths, coughing from the amount of dust filling the air. Hope let out a sneeze and Chen let out a chuckle.

“The princess needs to rest” Chen bowed, his hand directing her to the open bed sheets and Hope shook her head at his antics, falling asleep as soon as the blankets covered her body

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter