Chapter 16

You Must Protect Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER SIXTEEN; EXPLAIN

"Not that Himcan cared about his manners towards the other male in that moment"

“I’m sorry Hope but this has to be done” Hope screamed, gripping onto the hand holding onto hers as if it were a matter of life or death for her. Himchan screamed apologies back to Hope as well as orders at the others to be giving him more clean water, cloths and paper towels as he dabbed around all of the cuts and grazes littering Hope’s back. The injured girl continued to scream until the walls around them were threatening to cave in on them.

“Couldn’t this have been done while I was unconscious?!” Hope screeched even more when Himchan began rubbing on an ointment that would prevent her back from getting infected.

“We tried to but you woke up when we were attempting to get the last bits of your shirt off you!” Himchan had screamed back at Hope just as everyone, including the girl herself, fell silent.

“It was already beyond repair from earlier; couldn’t you have just cut it off?” Hope complained.

“We never really thought of that as an option” Jongup answered with a chuckle as he leaned back in his chair with a shake of his head.

“I think he’s becoming insane” Hope muttered so only those next to her could hear her as they looked at Jongup.

“They’re here” Yongguk sighed suddenly and rose to his feet just as a loud knock sounded up the stairs and to the room all the way from the front door.

“Oh, what’s this lonely button doing here?” Lay questioned, poking at it with his pointer finger, the sound of the doorbell rang around them and even the most serious members of the bunch dropped their expressions to stare at each other with wide eyes as their mouths opened in wonder.

“Oh~” Lay giggled, pressing the doorbell several more times.

“Let’s get you into some fresh clothes Hope. Zelo come and help me” Himchan ordered as the others began leaving the room after Yongguk and the doorbell rung throughout the house. Himchan waved Zelo over and the two of them helped Hope in getting to her feet and peeling the shirt off her shoulder and much to her embarrassment her bra as well.

“Who’s here anyway?” Hope asked as Yongguk yelled on his way down the stairs.

“What the hell is that damned noise! I’m gonna cut its head off!” Yongguk shouted angrily.

------------

“Basically, that man you saw was one of the undercover spies from EXO Planet-”

“He wasn’t very undercover, he’s a comedian if that’s what he thinks undercover is” Himchan snarled and shook his head, cutting Suho off rudely, not that Himchan cared about his manners towards the other male in that moment.

“They’re hired by the king and sent on missions on other planets to do things like kidnappings, stalking and all those sorts of things that the king wants to be done on another planet. So the guy was either here to take Hope back to EXO Planet or he wanted some sort of answers from her, she wouldn’t have been treated in such a way if she was simply in his way” Suho continued, choosing to ignore the rude comment that came from Himchan.

“So how do you explain Mr Gigantosaur over there?” Youngjae scoffed and his pointer finger aimed at the overly tall male that caused Hope to flinch and move further into Youngjae’s arms when she looked at him. She had recognised him and the fact that Youngjae was also rather protective of her, she tended to forget that’s what he was brought here to do.

“You see that’s another thing, the spies of EXO Planet have the ability to hypnotize or basically possess a person, and that’s what they did to Kris here. He was completely under the control of that spy, we know what the spies of that planet are like. When Kris dropped Hope it was because he was trying to resist being possessed, it was never with the intent of causing her any arm” Suho explained as he sent an apologetic look to Hope. But she never got to manage a reply as Youngjae pulled her face into his chest and put her behind his body as he turned them away from the newcomers.

I liked it when I was able to breathe. Hope scowled to herself as she fought the pain of her back and her lack of breath and Yongguk continued with his questions.

“How do you know all of these things? I’ve never heard any of this before” Yongguk gruffed, Hope was unable to see him but she knew that he would have been glaring at them with an obvious amount of distrust.

“We have our ways” That totally earnt you Yongguk’s trust.

“Well then, thanks for telling of this information that you have your ways of getting, we wouldn’t have known without your help” Yongguk sighed awkwardly, finally deciding on what to say after everyone remained sitting in an awkward silence because of Suho’s words. Hope and Tao continued the strange eye conversation even after the silence was broken, Youngjae having released her so she could finally be given some air to breathe with. With everything that was needed to be said out in the open Yongguk released a small sigh once again as he outstretched his hand, offering Suho to shake it casually.

“Thank you for giving us your time for an explanation” Suho smiled and awkwardly shook hands with Yongguk, it could be seen that Suho was slightly close to ting bricks on the inside as Yongguk stared at him with his commonly used straight, angry looking face, his face didn’t lie.

“See you whenever you get back to school Hope” Tao gave an awkward smile when they were all at the front door and Hope nodded, watching Daehyun from the corner of her eye as he shot daggers of death towards her new found friend, who was just as awkwardly trying to ignore the stare as he was smiling.

“Get better soon yeah?” He went in for a hug, trying to avoid her cut up back so that he wouldn’t put her through more pain.

“I don’t think so big shot, keep the hands off” Himchan cut in, tugging Tao away from Hope by his ear and shoving him towards his friends that were shuffling out the door.

“Bye Hope” Tao waved, looking sad after such denial, Hope gave him a smile as she waved back and Tao turned away to leave the house sullenly.

“Well now that is all over, all we need is for you to recover” Yongguk swung the door shut behind the last person, a little man waddling his way out of the house. He moved ove

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter