Caramel Macchiato

Caramel Macchiato

 

It's a fine wednesday morning with the sun shining not too bright and not too dim by a small window in a kitchen of a cafe where a boy named Cho Kyuhyun is giving the last touches on the ordered cappuccino ringed previously by the counter. He quickly served it at Table 2 to a guy code named "Haru".

 

"A hot cup of Cappuccino for a beautiful wednesday morning. Enjoy your drink." he spoked cheerfully.

 

He stopped for awhile to admire the cafe with it's warm and cozy ambience in a shade of amber produced by the clashed light from the sun and cafe lights, the smell of coffee is dispersed throughout the room. It's almost a week since his been hired in this cafe.

As he headed back to the kitchen, the bell by the cafe door rings. A girl comes in and approaches the counter, wearing a furry neck coat with shorts as a bottom and sneakers for her feet.

 

"Caramel Macchiato for Table 8, Cho!" Kyu proceeds to the counter window to get the order details. 

 

"Hmmmm... Syoung" he mutters to himself as he reads the order. 

 

Just like what the cafe do in serving their coffees, he writes the code name in a sticky note with a printed message already and sticked it on the cup.

 

He scans the cafe by the counter to serve the drink and saw a girl sitting on the couch of the table marked 8, by the corner of the cafe's glass window. 

 

'Badump Badump Badump' his heart begins to race and he doesn't know why. He's left there staring at her.

 

The alternate actions of scrolling through her phone while slumping on the couch and staring outside the window while tapping her fingers on the table can tell that she's really bored. The sunlight that seeps through the window, kissing her face makes her skin glow more beautiful.

Kyu, on the other hand, is still standing by the counter with the Caramel Macchiato on a tray on his hand. He doesn't know why he couldn't stop staring at her, his lower limbs wouldn't move making him glued on the spot, his heartbeat still becoming irregular and loud, his mind is in a bliss while his inner self keeps telling him to "Serve it now because it's HER Caramel Macchiato, idiot!"

 

"Miss, how many more minutes should I wait for my drink?" Sooyoung called out to the cashier with a gesture of her hand.

 

"I'll just follow-up the barista to-Yah! Cho Kyuhyun, why are you still here?" the cashier smacked Kyuhyun's head with a newspaper, the moment she saw him not moving from his last position. This catches the attention of Sooyoung, shifting her gaze to Kyuhyun who's still staring at her causing their eyes to meet for the first time. Sooyoung just giggled because she finds the scene funny while Kyuhyun's cheeks flared red with the sudden indirect contact. 

 

Kyuhyun gulped and tried to look casual in approaching her spot to serve her order but it can't hide the trembling of his hands, causing the cup and saucer to create tiny noises as his hands trembled. It was a good thing that the drink didn't spilled. 

 

 

"C-caramel Macchiato for a beautiful wednesday morning. E-enjoy your drink." Kyuhyun tried to calm himself as he speak his line and he's so damn frustrated why the hell it isn't working.  

 

"You're new here, aren't you?"

 

He just nodded briskly in reply. 

 

"Oh I see. Are you alright? That newspaper hit must've hurt."

 

"Uhm.. Uhh.. Ehh.. I'm okay." Kyuhyun tries hard to reply as he struggle with some kind of effect he's feeling inside.

 

"You sure? But how come you're so red?" Sooyoung looked up to him with a worried look.

 

The feeling gets worse as he stares down to her round eyes.

Because no words are coming out, he raised an "Okay" sign using his hands to her and he managed to smile.

 

"Well I bet this will be delicious. Thank you... uhm.. Kyu?" Sooyoung reads his name tag and looked up to him with a hint of a smile in her eyes.

 

Kyuhyun's eyes widen. "What the f-... Those eyes. Her eyes. Ugh!" He thought to himself.

 

"A-An...Anything else, Miss Syoung?" 

 

"This would be all. Thanks again, Kyu" she looked up to him and smiled.

 

Kyuhyun's cheeks flushed red because of the gesture. Feeling worse than what he felt at the first moment he saw her, he bowed and quickly ran back towards the kitchen, leaving Sooyoung confused and shrugging to herself.

 

He leans back against the kitchen wall, panting. Kyuhyun messed up his hair as he calmed down.

"What the hell had just happened to you there, man?!" He sighed to himself.

 

"Her soothing voice, Her Eyes, Her smile, Her... Ugh! That sudden effect it does to me." he palms his face.

 

"Cafe Au Lait in Table 6, Cho!" he stood up when he heard the order ring.

 

"The normal side effect of having no girlfriend since birth, I guess?" he shrugged to himself as he gets back to work.