“Guys… Why did you ignore me today…?”

The wish of staying

Jungkook woke up on his bed, like every morning, except that this time he was panting and sweating like crazy. He had a very bad nightmare, but he didn't remember what it was about… He yawned because of all the work he has to go through, and stretched a bit so his bones would still be able to move as he wished. Only if that was still necessary.

He looked around him and everything seemed perfectly fine. He could see Rap Monster's bare and smelly feet right next to him as he was sleeping in peace. His breath was quite loud since he was very tired, just like everyone else. Jungkook sighed and got up then headed to the bathroom. He managed to pick up the toothpath and then pat where his brush was supposed to be but… there was nothing. Where was it?? He had no idea. He rolled his eyes and thought about brushing his teeth later on as he splashed cold water on his face but it felt like it was going through him. Maybe he was still too tired and was imagining things… He yawned slightly when Jin arrived. He waved at him to greet him but the latter didn't do anything and walked to the sink. The maknae stepped aside to let him some space then left the room. Was Jin that tired to ignore him? Usually he would hug him or peck his cheek or forehead, and that would annoy Jungkook, but he realized that it was even worse when his hyung was ignoring him. He shook his head and chased all bad thoughts then went into the kitchen and got something to eat. Just a small slice of bread was enough for him. When he finished swallowing it, he heard footsteps and saw Jimin widening his eyes. Did Jungkook have a bad sleep so his face looked that scary to surprise Jimin? He had no idea. “Woah, who ate some bread in the middle of the night?” Jimin asked to who knew who then went into the bathroom. “Jin-hyung, did you eat bread today or this night? …No?”

Jungkook blinked as he stared at the bread and the knife on the table. “Jimin-hyung, it's me who just ate‒”

“Alright alright, it's okay.” Jimin said as he came back and grabbed some butter along with jam, which made Jungkook suddenly laugh because of the 'Jimin you've got no jam' joke, but his hyung didn't mind it at all. Then the maknae asked him how was his night, which he didn't answer immediately. First, he had to stretch a bit. “Geez… this night was damn too short, yet so long. I wish I didn't have that nightmare with Yoongi-hyung and Tae…” That made Jungkook curious so he asked him what it was about, but Jimin didn't say anything.

“Hyung~ Don't tell me that you were doing weird and inappropriate things with Suga-hyung then V-hyung tried to you or something like in those fanfics we found on the Internet,” the young boy laughed, but the latter kept eating and ignored him. Did that make him upset? Jungkook didn't know. “S‒Sorry.” He bowed slightly and went into the living room, where he saw Rap Monster and J-Hope on the floor. They were concentrated on the leader's phone and the maknae wanted to know what they were doing so he bent a bit and expected them to maybe hide what they were watching or lift their heads to look at him, but they didn't do anything. Therefore he managed to see what was on the screen and they were watching videos of him but they didn't look entertained. “Yah hyungs. If I'm that bad, then don't watch me.” He frowned but they didn't react. He didn't understand why though because usually they would or something, but there was nothing. Jungkook rolled his eyes then walked to the bedroom and saw Jin coming out of the bathroom. When they passed each other, he sweared that their shoulders should have knocked against each other, but only him felt it. He blinked as the confusion was gaining him. What sort of sorcery was that?? No idea. He arrived in the bedrooms to check them and, not to his surprise, Suga and V were still in bed. With a sigh, he came closer to Suga and put a hand on his shoulder, then shook him. Or tried at least. He didn't manage to. He widened his eyes.

'…What?'

What was that? Why was he unable to shake him? He was strong and Suga was really light. What…? Jungkook blinked and sighed softly. He wondered if he could try to shake V, but thought that would be useless. He still poked Suga's cheeks and heard him whine and frown. It surprised the maknae and made him smile a bit. At least, he was able to get some attention from his hyung. Now he needed to wake him up. “Hyung~” No reaction. “Suga-hyung~” Still no reaction. With a sigh, he leaned a bit and whispered to his ear, taking the opportunity to do it since the situation was already bizarre. “H‒Hyung… Syub Syub‒” The door shut open and Jungkook stood properly, only to see that it was Jimin. The maknae looked surprised and rubbed the back of his head. “It's… it's not what you think…” He chuckled awkwardly with closed eyes, but when he opened them, he saw Jimin heading to his own bedroom, certainly to wake V.

“Hey, Tae~ It's time to wake up.” He shook him but the younger boy refused to wake up. “I know that yesterday was very harsh and terrible, but trust me, you have to wake up.” Jungkook raised his eyebrows. Yesterday? Harsh and terrible?? What happened? Jungkook only remembered that he was practicing because he wanted to. He looked back at Suga and tickled his neck, which made him chuckle and wake up too.

The now awake Syub Syub boy opened his eyes and looked around him, like he was discovering the place when it was just the dorm that he's been living in for months. He yawned loudly. “Jiminie! Do you find it funny to wake people by tickling them and then do something else, to act like an angel?” Jungkook stared at him with widened eyes. What? Jimin? No no no, that was not him!

When he heard his name, Jimin walked hurriedly to his hyung's bedroom and shook his head, puzzled. “H‒Hyung, I didn't touch you, I swear!” He raised his hands and blinked innocently, as he was telling the truth. “I'm just trying to wake Taehyung, that's all.”

Jungkook nodded. “That's right. I‒”

“Pfft. You're not funny, Jiminie.” Suga sighed and got up then left the room.

Jimin stared at the half open door and dropped his arms. “…What is wrong with him? I never touched him… I mean, he's weird.” He sighed as well and went back to his bedroom, to continue what he was doing. “Come on, V. We don't have all day!”

Actually, the most confused person of the dorm was Jungkook. Everyone was being weird and ignoring him. He didn't understand why.

 

Lunch time, Jungkook was even more puzzled. Everyone could eat, except him, because there was enough food for six people. And even less. Plus, they didn't prepare anything for him as they kept ignoring his existence, but they looked pretty down though.

He sat between V and Rap Monster, then tried to take some salad but V quickly took it with widen eyes. Everyone stared at him, and Jungkook was a bit scared. What..? Why stop him from eating? “Hyung… I am hungry…”

J-Hope looked around and cleared his throat. “Okay, so salad wanna escape, right?” Everyone chuckled a bit.

Suga sighed and took the salad from V's hand, then put it back in the plate. “Maybe we're too tired and we're imagining things. Like… come on, guys, this can't be real.” They nodded and kept eating. Jungkook didn't understand anything… Not real? Everything seemed very much real to him. Sure, they must be too tired. Suga was right.

 

In the dance studio, a back dancer was missing. Everyone found it normal, but not Jungkook. Where was he? He had no idea. “Everyone, let's do it one more time!” Rap Monster yelled as he wiped his sweet away.

“Can't we rest a bit more?” Jin asked while panting, a hand on his back. But Rap Monster shook his head. “Ha… yes I know, tomorrow…”

Jimin sighed slightly. “Not that I don't want to see A.R.M.Y.s, but I don't feel like performing right now…” Everyone agreed, even the leader. And they danced one more time this day.

 

When they were done with practice, they went to the van and V stole Jungkook's seat. The maknae stared at him, like his hyung just comitted a sin. “Hyung, that's my seat.” But V didn't react. Jungkook thought that, maybe, it was because of his earphones, because he looked quite into it. With a sigh, he watched everyone sitting and he sat where he could, then the manager closed the door.

On their way to the dorm, Jungkook looked at the back of the vehicle and Jimin looked like he was about to burst into tears and Suga was trying to cheer him as much as possible. “Jiminie, it's okay…” He took his hand in his and caressed it with his thumb while staring at him with a concerned face. He was really worried about his dongsaeng.

Then, Jungkook looked at V and he was still into his music, but he was sleeping. Still he looked sad.

Next to him was J-Hope, sleeping as well, then Jin. He was staring at the view through the window but Jungkook was unable to see his face.

As for Rap Monster, he was right in front of him so he couldn't see his face either.

Jungkook sighed and got his attention back on Jimin and Suga, but both of them were sleeping already, Jimin's head on Suga's shoulder, and Suga's head on Jimin's. He blinked a bit and turned his gaze on his phone, then closed his eyes to sleep as well.

 

“Yah, Jeon Jungkook, why did you have to go!?” J-Hope yelled as he stomped his foot on the ground of the backstage, making Jungkook flinch as he was a bit far from his hyung.

He walked to him with a concerned face. “H‒Hyung..?” He tilted his head and looked at him, but the latter ignored him as a stylist was busy with him. The maknae blinked and looked at the others, who were obviously down. He seriously didn't understand why.

He didn't find his outfit nor anything for him so he only put on some makeup with his untalented hands as he would say…

Later, they went on the stage and performed 'DOPE'. For some reasons, they replaced him when it was his parts, but not all of them. He didn't know why though. Jimin sang all the chorus with Jin and V, while the others kept their parts. Also, the fans seemed less cheerful, and there were more banners with his name. Everything looked so strange… He thought that, perhaps, they were ignoring him and all to make him a surprise! Just with that, he was happy, and really curious to know what it could be.

 

Back at the dorm, the members gathered in Rap Monster and Jungkook's bedroom and Jimin sat on Jungkook's bed, so the maknae sat next to him, while the others stayed on their feet where they could. “Can I sleep on this bed this night?” Jimin asked everyone, with a poker face.

Jungkook raised his brows and stared at him. “Wh‒What? But that's my‒”

“No, Jimin, you can't.” Rap Monster said, making him wonder why.

V nodded. “I agree. That's Jungkook's bed. Leave it one more night…”

Jimin looked down. “I know but… you know, there's still his scent…” He lift his head and looked at them, but Suga shook his head, making him pout.

Rap Monster snaped his fingers and cleared his throat. “Okay, enough bull. Just telling you all not to forget that tomorrow is a very important day. You know what your outfit shall be?” Everyone nodded. Except Jungkook, of course. Questions were fussing in his head as he didn't understand what was going on. Outfits for his surprise?? It wasn't his birthday though. So weird. “Good.” He clapped his hands and everyone went outside to eat dinner, the maknae still very confused.

 

Bedtime. Jungkook was on his bed, under his blanket, his head turned to the open door as it was hot in the dorm. He was wondering… “Guys… Why did you ignore me today…?” He blinked slowly, trying to understand the situation, but… nothing came to his mind. As they were all sleeping, they couldn't answer him, except maybe J-Hope but he had his earphones, trying to sleep. Too hard apparently.

Usually, Jimin would squish his cheeks like all the time, try to cuddle with him and all these annoying things, but even though he would complain, he missed them. He liked Jimin, like… a loooot, because he was a caring brother. Seeing him very sad and crying with Suga was destroying his self being. He didn't like– no, he HATED this view. Absolutely ugly. He felt like dying… Hold on. What if he was dead? Would life still be as sorrow as this day? Even V would play with him and they'd record bunch of stupid videos where they'd have lots of fun. But he was… mentally missing. When you looked at V, he was here, in front of you, sure, but, mentally, there was no one. The exact opposite of Jungkook, if we could say.

With a sigh, tears started to come out of his eyes. Realizing that he was crying, Jungkook wiped his tears and looked at his wet hands, but he couldn't stop crying. Slowly, without being able to control himself, he was crying even louder and hid his face in his pillow. His eyes were starting to be puffy and his throat was hurting, but not as much as his heart. It was just a day and feeling like a ghost was killing him. If only they could see him… What did he have to do to get their attention? He had no idea.

Suddenly, a thought hit his mind. The previous night, he had a nightmare. He totally forgot it earlier, but now that he was in his bed, unable to sleep, he remembered it. Not entirely though… It was a bad dream in which he was dying. Without forgetting the fact that logic never existed in dreams. Well, he didn't remember where it was, but there was a lot of lights. The first room was beige, and the second one was kinda white, but he didn't know. After that, he felt like his body was a real stone, and he fell asleep, or died.

Jungkook was so confused regarding the situation that he even asked himself if he wasn't already dead, but that seemed way too crazy. How could he be here, and be dead? Nonsense. He wasn't going to believe that bull.

 

The next day, everyone was preparing themselves while Jungkook… “Hi guys…” He stared at the members as they changed their clothes to a black outfit. Like all black, from head to toe. The maknae blinked. Wasn't that for events such as a burial? Did someone around them die?? He didn't know the answer. No one has told him. Why? Was he way too young for them to tell him? He wasn't four years old, for 's sake. It was ripping his heart, mostly because someone died even though he didn't know who it was, if someone really died.

Suga cleared his throat and clapped his hands, looking at everyone. “Everyone! It's time to be as silent as possible when we reach the cemetery. Eventually even when we come out of this place, or right now.” Now he was sure someone passed away.

“But we're not even ready,” V stated and Jimin nodded.

Suga thought for a bit and nodded as well. “Okay. When we're out then.” All of them agreed.

Jungkook flinched for no particular reason and hurriedly prepared himself. In less than 30 minutes, he was already ready to go, wearing only black clothes like his hyungs.

 

BTS were in the church, most of them crying but they were trying to hide it even though it was too obvious. Jungkook was very sad too, but kept asking himself who it was about. For some reasons, his parents were there, but they didn't notice him. “…he was born in 1997, and already left us, in 2015…” He widened his eyes and raised his eyebrows. 1997? Someone who was his age? Couldn't be a girl since he said 'he'. He was hoping that it wasn't BamBam, Yugyeom, Maru, Yibo, or someone else born in 1997... pretty weird since it had to be someone born in 1997. “Everyone was proud of him. He was a very talented and amazing boy. He could become an important and respectful person if he wasn't taken from us.”

Loud sobs could be heard next to the maknae, and they were coming from Jimin, with Jin patting his shoulder. “K… Kookie…”

Jungkook blinked as he heard his nickname. He looked at his hyung and said, “Yes, hyung…?” He then looked worried, but no one paid attention to him.

The priest continued, “May you rest in peace…”

Jungkook looked back at him and bit his lip, preparing himself to hear the name of the dead boy. He wasn't ready yet. Even V was putting his hands on his ears.

“Jeon Jungkook.”

And that was when the maknae couldn't believe what he just heard. Him? Dead? Impossible. He was just here, sitting next to his hyungs. What was going on? What the hell? Was that a ing joke? He wondered… Then he looked at everyone and was expecting them to wipe their tears, stand up and smile brightly while saying 'Surprise Jungkook~', but nothing happened. Nothing was happy. Nothing was real.

As a photo of him was put on the table, he frowned and stood up. He seemed angry. Very angry.

He walked to the priest and yelled, “Yah, what is that!? Are you kidding me!!?” He turned to look at the audience, but no one seemed shocked. No one even reacted. Not even his own parents. He stomped his foot. “Why is everyone ignoring me!? I am NOT dead.” Still no reaction. The maknae then walked to the coffin to see the corpse, and he couldn't believe his eyes: there was another Jungkook, a lifeless one. He was shaking from fear, wondered if it was a real body or a fake. If it was a fake one, well congrats to those who made it because it looked perfectly perfect. Carefully, he extended his hand to pat the corpse, and... the skin of the cheeks were soft and very cold. He touched the hair and it was pretty much real. He really couldn't believe it and started crying then everyone was leaving for the cemetery, carrying the coffin.

 

“Jungkoo‒Jungkookie!!” J-Hope yelled. “No matter where you are now, I hope that you found peace!” He sobbed.

Jungkook was staring at him with teary eyes. “H‒Hyung… I am right here… Don't you see me?” J-Hope found Rap Monster's arms and didn't say anything. Therefore, the maknae screamed “Hyungs! Why can't you SEE me!?” While pressuring his lips together, he tried to calm down and thought about his nightmare… Maybe… what if it wasn't a nightmare…? What if this dream he had happened for real? Maybe if his hyungs talked about it…

Jin sighed deeply and got Suga's attention. “Hyung, are you okay?” Jin looked at him with sad eyes and shook his head, lightly.

He looked down. “I didn't tell you what happened…?” Jungkook widened his eyes. No. Jin… He couldn't be his murderer, was he? Suga raised a brow and shook his head. “Well…” Jungkook gasped and wondered what he was going to say. “I… killed Jungkook.” Both Suga and Jungkook looked shocked, but Jin seemed serious. Until he let out a chuckle. “Kidding.” With a little smile, he pat his head, because his dongsaeng looked so small next to him, which he didn't really appreciate. “I was with him in the pratice room…” Practice room? Then the beige room must have been that.

Suga nodded. “We know. That's even where we found him injured.” Injured..? “Jimin and J-Hope were there with you too, right?” Jin agreed.

“Jungkook wanted to practice a lot but we were tired, so we decided to go before him.” Slowly, the young boy was remembering what happened the other day. He was about to master a choreography and he was so into it he wanted to finish it before going home. But unfortunately, he wasn't lucky…

“Until we got his call, because he was injured.” Jin, Suga and Jungkook turned their head and looked at Jimin who arrived. He looked pretty bad with his puffy and red eyes. Without his smile, his face didn't look good as it was not bright. “He was really injured though… What was going on in his mind, seriously?”

V arrived behind him and back-hugged him while resting his head on his shoulder. “Hyungs…” Everyone looked at him. “I miss Kookie so badly…” He sobbed as Jimin patted his head, and he hid his face in his neck, making his hyung smile a bit with tears rolling down his cheeks.

Jungkook lowered his head and sighed. “Hyungs… I miss you too…” Even though they were right in front of him, he couldn't do anything, because he was invisible. He was… a ghost… “I can't… believe what's happening…” He was breathing heavily as his eyes were wide, staring at nothing. “Why isn't it a nightmare…?”

“Guys, remember what was happening at the hospital?” They looked at Rap Monster and blinked a bit. How were they supposed to forget that, when they were about to lose their precious golden maknae? Impossible. “Remember his… last words..?” Jimin raised his hand. With a raised brow, the leader asked, “Yes, Jimin?”

As his voice was shaking, Jimin said, “Didn't he say something like… 'I want to stay with BTS, forever'?” Jungkook widened his eyes even more. Did he really say that? He could barely remember. Jin agreed, and so did the others.

That was when many pictures came to his mind, like a movie. He was there, insisting on working on that choreography, and then he fell. He was hard for him to breathe and move, he didn't know what was happening to him. At the hospital, he learned that he overworked and that, for a long time, so the chances to save him were pretty low. When BTS and the staff heard that, they were crying because it wasn't just someone they were losing: it was a young brother, a close friend. Without him, they couldn't be who they were. As the maknae was weak, he looked at them and smiled, because the last images they had to have of him had to be good. If he looked sad, he thought that wouldn't be a good thing. Therefore, he told them how thankful he was, because thanks to them, he had a wonderful life and he wasn't regretting it. Eventually, his parents came to see him. He talked to them, a bit, before pronuncing these last words and passing out. Seeing his lifeless body was anything but nice. It was destroying them. They couldn't look at him like that, they had to leave the place.

 

Just like that, BTS kept their activities as a 6-members boyband, and managed to stay successful. They never forgot Jungkook, who found peace after understanding what was going on.

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for everything, my family.

 

 

 

 

 

See you soon.”

 


 

A/N:
Wow omg. haha. So how was it? How are you?? lol.
Tbh, I starting writing this in April, and finished it on July, 1st.
I wanted to write a story like that, and since I don't really like Jungkook... I ended up choosing him as the main character. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate him. I even like him a bit more since I've been focusing on him for a while haha. :)
I hope it didn't have a weird flow and wasn't too heartbreaking. ^^

thanks for reading!

ps: the title of this chapter is a quote of the story if you didn't notice. :3