Party hard and Lobby softly

The Barbarian's Cherry Blossom

Belisarius limped his way to an elevated stage in his villa. He struggled with his amputation and crutch but Miyuki was there to help him not fall over. He held a bronze cup of wine and raised it to the air in celebration.

"Friends, Vanorans, and guests alike. Today we earned a Victory against those who wished to see our great city harmed. Drink, sing, dance and feast!" He yelled looking rather awkward with his crooked posture due to the crutch.

The hall was erupted with celebration as Gimaelic and Vanoran alike were celebrating their victory over the forces of evil.

Osgar was sitting near the back challengin any brave soul to anyone who could out drink him.

He had a Vanoran challenger who just downed their 5 round of a very strong brew of beer.

"Hhhmpph.....*burp*........Blaaahh!" His challenger collapsed on the floor, his liver not taking no more of the intoxication of the beer.

"Haha! Weak! I have seen children drink 6 rounds and still look like they can punch a goat out! Get balls back together and comeback to me if your strong enough." Osgar teased downing another barrel of beer in one huge gulp.

As he drank Paruru approached him carrying a little present for him.

"Hey Osgar....sama....uhm.....I know this is a bit awkward but its Christmas so..." Paruru was greeted by a loud burp infront of her face by the Spearmaster.

"A present? Wrapped in a fancy ribbon of fake gold? For me? You b****, you should have."  Osgar drunkingly said. He grabbed the present and quickly unwrapped it. It was a box of chocolates imported from Switzerland. It had found its way from Earth to Auriga.

"Cho---co----lates...... you bought me s***? Haruka?" He stood up with a rising anger.

"No! There food that we eat...I bought it in the market today while you were off battling the Cultist. I already gave a present to Sakura, Takamina, Yukirin, Milky, Churi and Hayato. I wanted to give you something since you helped my brother in joining the Hussars. Here try some." Paruru opened the box and held a piece of chocolate forward to Osgar.

Osgar grabbed the chocolatey token from the salty girl and placed it in his mouth. An explosion of sweetness landed on the surface of his tongue. It was soft and chewy as the fat that could fall of the bone in roasted boar ribs. It was sweet as the sweetest of fruits from Nassiria*. Yet it looked liked it rosed from the earth due to its brown color.

"I....I like these....gimme more!" Osgar ferociously stuffed chocolates in his mouth. He almost gagged after he swallowed them all down.

"Ah s***, my guts don't feel right....." Osgar clenched his stomach and made a run for the barf bucket.

 

--------------------------------

 

"Hey Belisarius, what's going to happen to you? You lost a leg. How can you ride a horse with only one leg?" Churi asked. She was chatting with her boss who had his own private corner of his dining hall all to himself and his closest friends and bodyguards.

"Don't worry, I know a man in Baizan who can fix this." He replied, he lazily moved his drinking hand forward to Miyuki who gave him a refill of wine.

"So, we will go to Baizan in a few days Bel-kun?" Miyuki asked curiously holding Belisarius arm lovingly while also caressing it.

"Yes Miyuki, you will love it there, it's tropical, sunny almost everyday and has a hotspring. But I still need to attend the council meeting tommorow." He said.

Churi looked around her surroundings.... She could see Takamina and Wulfgar chatting......Hayato and the other Hussars sitting next to Leoferic and ......Rena eating chili peppers???
Churi walked to the spicy pale girl who was eating chili peppers. A typical sight for Churi.

"Your up and ok aren't ya?" Churi said.

"Yes.... but sometimes I feel weird at times.....like....some sort of dragon....waiting to be unleashed. I can still remember the screams I made as Samhane." Rena replied.

Churi held her hand behind Rena and rubbed it.

"By the way Rena-chan.....Meri Kurisimasu." she said with a smile.

"What really?"

"Yes I have been keeping track of the calendar when I got here. You see the Aurigans have a different calendar. Mostly because they have 16 month years for starters and 10 day weeks." Churi explained.

"Wow....here.....try some 'Ha-ba-ne-ro' chili peppers they taste good with cheese." She gave a small green pepper to Churi.

Churi not wanting to spoil Rena's mood accepted the pepper and bit it.........

 

--------------------------


Sakura was sitting alone on the rooftop of Belisarius' villa looking at the stars and fireworks being displayed before her. Vanoran was celebrating their victory tonight. She watched in awe as a spectrum of colors exploded before her. It reminded her of New Year's day in her home in Kagoshima.

(Flashback)

"3-2-1.....YEAH! HAPPY NEW YEAR!" The Miyawaki household yelled in one great cheer. Her father, her mother, her grandmother and all of her siblings were present.

It was now the beginning of 2015. Sakura had just gotten more popular in HKT48 and was now gaining even more popularity in her concurrency in AKB48. She felt like the entire universe revolved around her.

"Sakura-chan, happy new year." Her cherished grandmother said to her. She was the woman who encouraged her to pursue her dream of being an idol. She could still remember the time when her grandma covered her from her parents as she went to audition for HKT several years ago. After the news got out she was now a prospective idol all over Japan. Her family was beyond thrilled of the sudden change of events. Now they were the talk of the neighborhood. Some of their neighbors are even comparing her to her fellow Kagoshima-born Yuki Kashiwagi.

"Sak....Sak....Sak....." A voice rang out as her dream suddenly caved in around her.

(End Flashback)

"Sak....Sak..... What the hell you doing up there? I was looking for you?" Rainoric's voice was hear below her. He could see her legs dangling about over the edge of the roof.

"Yes Rainoric, what do you wish master?" Sakura asked.

"I just want to tell you your missing the party. Your friend Churi, bit a pepper from your friend Rena and she was running all over the place asking for milk. You should have seen it. She tripped over her balls..... and I can't believe im saying that to a woman." Rainoric walked over to see Sakura staring at the fireworks. The young Warlord could see she was shedding a few tears.

"Your eyes.....there bleeding....but its not red." He said.

Sakura wiped off her tears, she was still tearful about how she was taken away from her home to be in another problem in God knows where in the Universe is she in.

"Its... called crying Master. Im sad" Sakura smiled weakly.

Rainoric climbed up from the ledge to sit down with Sakura with a mug of Dustwater in hand that he got from the party.

"What's Sad?" He asked

Sakura swallowed her grief for a moment to think of the best way to explain sadness to a Warlord whose only emotions feel happiness and anger.

"Sadness, is a feeling where..you feel like your not ok.... like being sick but not." Sakura tried to explain.

"Sick but not? How is that possible?"

"Let's say you lost a game... you would feel bad that despite all of your efforts you lost."

"I won't be sad, I would be walking up to the guy and rip his spine off then beat his mushy corpse."

"Iya..Iya... uhm....... how about your sword 'Ulfberth' broke."

"I can always make a new one my teacher taught me how to make them before he died."

"Uhm.....Ulrich and Osgar since they are humans...will die way before you will pass from here."

"And I will wait a hundred millenia to feast with them in Himmel with my father and his father."

Sakura slouched down in frustration....she felt hopeless. How the hell or on Earth or on Auriga do Broken Lords think? Are they really just sadistic and despotic rulers of this planet? She cried as she despaired over that thought.

"Your doing it again? Your eyes are bleeding." Rainoric tapped the back of Sakura's head.

"I just missed Japan, my--*sniff* High King....Future...Lord....*sniff* I missed the rice, the lights, the video games, the lush forests, kimonos, my career-----"

"Your what?" Rainoric's voice raised up in shock to hear what Sakura was sad about.

"The video games, lights....."

"No, last thing you said....."

"My career as an Idol."

"I---I---dol? You were worshipped?" Rainoric becoming confused with Sakura's words.

"I guess you can say that... People all over the world come to see me sing and dance."

"All over your world? Like they would journey from its ends to see you?"

"Yes! I would dress up in costumes some, cute, y, and sometimes just ridiculous. I once wore a dress that was made up of stuffed dogs. Not real though, my fans would get mad at me if they were real."

"Why? Its manly to wear animal skins."

"Not in Japan, we usually wear shirts from a plant called cotton."

"Clothes from plants! What a strange land you live in."

Sakura looked up to the stars to see them. They twinkled brightly and the celestial clouds colored the skies. It was an inspiring sight to anyone who was'nt from Auriga. As she stargazed she noticed that the constellations were shaped differently. She couldn't see Big dipper, Ursa, Virgo or any formation of stars that she read in those astronomy books she had read for her science classes.

"The stars, im don't recognize all of them." Sakura said. She know felt farther away from home like ever before.

"Well, let me show you some." Rainoric lied down and got close to Sakura so he can point the stars and constellations seen in Auriga.

"You see those stars that form a straight line with an arrow head at the end? We call it Lichspeer. My father told me he would raid the stars there if he wanted a new carpet for the the hold back in Guaita."

An image of a spear formed in Sakura's imagination. It flew passed her like an arrow. Rainoric could see Sakura was fascinated so he continued.

"If you look beside Lichspeer, you can see stars forming a tree. We call it Drzewo. The 'leaves' stars has many jungle planets. Like your Earth, forests, rivers and large lakes that you call 'Kaiyo'. As you move down to the 'trunk' you will encounter mostly rocky planets and even asteroid fields."

A tree drew itslef in Sakura's head. Then the sounds of lush jungles in all of its wildness sang to her. She imagined the jungles as if they were like the ones in the Amazon and in Indonesia like the books she read. Then her active mind was taken to the 'rocky' planets. Giant mountains of stone tower over the terrain. Vast deserts were the natural passing of time was the only movement. Sakura also saw volcanoes gushing out lava and its planet's inner secrets. Her imaginations were as vivd (as I can say) as a Sony HD Plasma tv.

"And how about those over there? I can see like a flower.... in full bloom." Sakura pointed her finger to the night sky.

"Ah, the Vetok constellation, gassy planets. And most of its sparkles are asteroids filled with diamonds. Its colorful my father told me."

Sakura's heart was filled with the joy of a small tyke as the stars twinkled. She never felt that happy before.

"So I heard from Ulrich and Takamina that you cry when your alone" Rainoric added

Sakura's eyes widened with the sudden change of subject.

"Eh....uhm.... yes... I do...." Sakura replied softly.

"Miss Earth? Why is it so....uhm whats the word.... beloved? Uhm.....By you?"

" *Sighs* Well I remember the skyscrappers of Tokyo before I left."

"Skyscrapers? You have tall stuff that fight the sky?"

"Iya, Iya, really tall buildings that reaches up to the sky. Think about 10 or 20 longhouses stacked vertically."

"Blut Holle! Thats tall! How can you humans do that?"

"Well its starts with a good foundation and a lot of steel beams to make...."

"Steel?! You use Steel to build houses? Lacherlich!"

"No its not, your people keep making weapons out of steel."

"I will have you know Yamanin that I made 'Ulfberth' with my own 2 hands." Rainoric unsheathe Ulfberth. He pointed his sword to the sky making it gleam as it reflected the moon.

"You made that sword? Really? Well its impressive actually... I never saw any other sword except the Katana cut through with ease."

"Well its made from Reinforced Gimaelic Steel andI named it after the man who taught me blacksmithing. I named it 'Ulfberth' because by the time I made it after hundreds of failed attempts my master passed away. So I named it after him."

"So there's 'Reinforced' Gimaelic Steel? Like even better than the ones that some of your men have?"

"Ja, mostly swords or missle amulets*."

"So what is Gimaelic Steel by the way? Its some sort of metal that just.... defies any other metal like ....uhm whats that.... Titanium or Graphene....or something."

"Well, Aurigans who live outside Gimael do call Gimaelic Steel 'Defiant Steel'. With a little Dust I can pretty much cut through anything with 'Ulfberth'."
"What's Gimaelic Steel made of?"

"I can tell you. But then I have to kill you. Ha ha! Im only f***ing around relax. But no, I cant tell you."

Then suddenly a noise was heard from below. Then the sound of which Sakura can decipher as a man throwing up by the balcony was heard. Sakura and Rainoric looked down to see none other than Osgar throwing up the excess chocolates he overate earlier.

"Too much drinking?" Rainoric teased.

"Haha, very funny boss. But your salty friend...uhm Paru...as you often call her Sakura gave me poop like candy. It tasted great but now my guts feels like they are melting..... *vomits*...... Blyad.....my stomach....." Osgar slowly sat down on the floor rubbing his belly. Watery brown vomit staining his mouth.

Just as he was about to vomit again Yuki appeared with a small white tablet and a cup of water. She was wearing a typical Vanoran servant girl's garb. Her hair was laid down with know ties or knotting of any kind, just her long wavy hair.

"Here Osgar-san. Its called Buscopan. It should help." Yuki placed the pill on Osgar's hand.

She then caringly gestured Osgar to placed the pill on his mouth. Then she placed the water cup on his mouth and Osgar swallowed it along with the Buscopan. Osgar's face no longer looked pale nor in pain as he felt better after taking the medicine.

"Thanks....uhm...."

"Yuki Kashiwagi. My hero." Yuki smiled.

"Hero?"

"You saved me from the arrows with your shield yesterday, remember?"

"Oh yeah! You were that long necked girl whose friends with Churi right? And that lady who sings in the bar part time and pisses herself when you see Giz--"

"Don't say his name!" Yuki interuppted shushing Osgar.

After settling down, Osgar looked up to Rainoric and Sakura.

"So boss, whatcha doing up there with the other slave girl?"

"Stargazing.... Steel trees.....Crazy s****...... you know." Rainoric replied.

"Yukirin, the Stars are wonderful tonight aren't they?" Sakura said.

"Yeah they indeed do." Yuki looked up.

"Rainoric showed me some constellations too! A flower, a javelin and a tree!" Sakura pointed them to Yuki who also was just as mesmerized as her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Takamina was sitting alone outside the main door of Belisarius' Villa. She wasn't the kind of girl who would stand around in parties but someone who would be with her closes friends or sit alone. She sighed as she drank a round of weak ale to drown out her tensions.

"Acchan...Yuihan....Akimoto sensei.....mom....dad....... I hope your ok." She whispered to her ear.

She was still quite unadapted to the climate of Auriga since her arrival and she shivered as she endured the cold with what apparel she is wearing.

She could have gone inside but the drunken revelry was just too much for her to bear. She stood up and walked towards Belisarius grain fields. They were as tall up to her chest and there golden color was darkened by the night.

As the nightly moments passed she began to sing since she was all alone.
 

" omoidasu yo ima mo...
koi to kizuita natsu wo...
TOKEISOU no hana ga
hinata ni afureta michi

harewatatta sora ni
nyuudougumo ga mokumoku
atto iu ma ni fuete
naze da ka fuan ni natta no
ima iru basho to mirai

anata no migikata
watashi no atama wo katamukete
chokonto nosetara
sore dake de anshin a
shiawase yo

umaku ikanakute
tsuraku kanashii toki wa
sonna watashi no guchi wo
kiite kureru dake de ii

yuudachi ni furarete
minka no nokisaki de
sotto yorisotta futari
iroiro aru nette waratta
ame sae tanoshikunaru

anata no migikata
toki ni wa kokoro wo yasumasete
shinpai ga atte mo
itsu datte raku ni nareru
nukumori yo

sorezore no sora no a de
kagayaiteta ano koro omou no kanaa

ima demo---------                                       "

 

"NO! Don't take one more step!" said a masculine voice coming from the grain fields.

Takamina stopped her singing and walking. Her heart skipped 10 beats when she heard the voice.

"Uhm....whose there? Dont....Come out! I have a gun." Takamina said

"Wait... I know that voice. Your that lady who was leading me and my comrades yesterday in Ydeli aren't ya? Midget girl with the tiny crossbow that makes Akane look giant or somthin'?"

"Yeah...Midget....who are you?"

"Im just a Skutatoi miss. Look my helmet." The man threw his helmet to Takamina giving away his position to her.

Takamina turned to the direction of the helmet and aimed her gun there.

"And what is a Skutatoi doing in a General's grain field?"

"Im just taking a dump here ok? The latrines are all plugged up by everyone and I got desperate. Don't believe me? Smell it."

Takamina whiffed her nose to realise the Skutatoi was right. She recoiled in disgust as she stepped back. But as she stepped back. A soft and gooey feeling was felt on her left foot. Her veins felt as cold as ice and her skin turned pale as she slowly checker the soles of her shoes.

As you the reader would expect, theres a lump of feces on Takamina's shoe.

"Yuck!" Takamina said.

"Oh you did it didn't you? F****** idiot! Ok..... *farts*.......I'll help you clean it up." The man stood up revealing himself to Takamina and walked her to a nearby barn.

Some of the Skutatoi and farm hands were having their own party there. There was a table set up with cooked food and drink being served to the victorious men.

"Lucilius! Done with your ehem....'Bussiness'?" Said one of them

"Yeah, hey lads, its the 'Little Leader' herself." Lucilius pushed Takamina forward

She waved to the Vanorans who politely waved back.

"So....uhm.....how are you all doing?" Takamina asked

"Meh....foods almost done....and were bored. Not even the strongest of beer isnt gonna stop it *drinks*....." said one of them.

"Anyway, I got to wash of some mud from her shoes before she can join you guys." Lucilius said.

"Yeah......'Mud'......" Takamina awkwardly commented.

The 2 walked into a barn where low hanging faucet used for wiping mud off of feet was used for.

A faucet.....among all the things remotely looking like from home. A faucet, something she took for granted.

"Wash feet off of the poop then go back to the table. The lads like to talk to you." Lucilius said before walking back to the party outside.

Takamina as fast as possible wipe off the poop from her shoe while holding her breath. She struggled to get every single particle of feces from the soles of her feet. She nearly lost her breath as the last stubborn stain was removed. Catching her breath, she walked out to the party.

The small get together was modest in attendance yet abundant in food. Their was roasted pork, native fruits and vegetables and ale for everyone. It as if the Soldiers were talking to the farm hands as if they were old friends. As she approached the table, a Japanese looking man turned around to face her.

"Ta-Ta----T--T-Ta---Taka----Mina! Takamina! Karera wa anata o emaa?" said a man speaking in her native Japanese.

"Eh? Anata o te imasu ka?" She replied back.

"Toma? You know her?" Lucillius asked. He was grasping a mug of ale and his breath smells of it.

"Yeah, Minami Takahashi of AKB48. She is a singer." Toma replied.

Nervous sweat dropped from Takamina's forehead. This man was telling the Vanorans of her old life back on Earth.

"Singer? You mean bard?" Said a Skutatoi

"Yeah, I remember going to her concerts, TV shows, handshake even---"

"What the bloody hell is a Handshake event? *burp*" Lucillius drunkly asked.

"Its an---" Tomo was interrupted by Takamina who grabbed his 2 hands and shook them as she would normally do in her Handshake Events.

"Its a very special event where the people who came to my concerts would give me a handshake." Takamina explained

"Why?" The Skutatoi's and Vanoran farmhands asked

"Well to thank me and my friends for singing for them."

"Friends? You mean you sing in a group?"

"Yeah, but I can sing alone....You want to hear one? Just for you guys."

"Yes Kapitan! Relieve us of our boredom!" said an Antesignani.

Takamina stepped aside to make herself a stage using whatever earth she has to work with. She took a deep breath and let her

"   omoidasu yo ima mo...

koi to kizuita natsu wo...
TOKEISOU no hana ga
hinata ni afureta michi

harewatatta sora ni
nyuudougumo ga mokumoku
atto iu ma ni fuete
naze da ka fuan ni natta no
ima iru basho to mirai

anata no migikata
watashi no atama wo katamukete
chokonto nosetara
sore dake de anshin a
shiawase yo

umaku ikanakute
tsuraku kanashii toki wa
sonna watashi no guchi wo
kiite kureru dake de ii            "

"Ave! Thats the song I heard when I was taking a potty. She was singing this." Lucilius said.

"Migikata Lucilius-san, its a song Takamina knows very well." smiled Toma.

yuudachi ni furarete
minka no nokisaki de
sotto yorisotta futari
iroiro aru nette waratta
ame sae tanoshikunaru

anata no migikata
toki ni wa kokoro wo yasumasete
shinpai ga atte mo
itsu datte raku ni nareru
nukumori yo

sorezore no sora no a de
kagayaiteta ano koro omou no kanaa

ima demo futari wa
issho ni aruiteru mitai ni...
anata no migikata
watashi no atama wo katamukete
chokonto nosetara
sore dake de anshin a
shiawase yo

natsukashiku setsunakatta
aa ano natsu yo                     "

 

Takamina inhaled oxygen after the last verse was said. She braced herself for what kind of possible feedback she will get to this mostly alien (and emphasis on alien) audience.

Then a clap was heard, from Toma.

Then another from Lucillius

Then from the Vanoran farmhands

Then from an Antesignani

and lastly, from all the other Skutatoi in the crowd.

A great appaluse was given to the Soukantoku.

 

-------------------------------------------------

"You did well out there boy. Give yourself a drink." one of Hayato's comrades said.

The youngest of the Shimazaki siblings was now with the grownups in the party. Normally if he was home he would be told by his father to go to bed at this hour. But now, Hayato felt....... Free....

"Thanks... Arigato." He replied.

"We should be saying 'Arigato' to you slashed eye*. You save Belisarius from death, I know it might be hard for you to be ordered to cut a General's leg, but in the heat of the moment, you did what needs to be done." Leoferic commended.

As he drank his (non-alcoholic) grapejuice from his cup. He was enjoying his first victory as a Hussar until his sister came by.

"Hayato-chan, I already gave presents to everyone including Osgar. How are you doing?" Paruru asked.

"Im fine, how about you?"

"Im just a bit hungry. Got some to give?" She begged.

Then a half-torn piece of bread was shoved infront of her face by a stranger's hand.

"You can have mine milady." Said a chivalrous Hussar.

"Well...this fruit does match your face." Another one said tossing across the table a fruit he picked up from the basket.

" *Munches* Lar?" Said a Hussar who offered Haruka a half eaten piece of meat.

"Uhm....thank you. Your so kind to me and to my brother. I hope....uhm he will.....be able too...."

"Hey don't worry about your brother. Leoferic is a good commander and has been our leader for over 100 years!" said a Hussar.

"Count me on that!" "Me too!" Said a couple more Hussars.

Paruru smiled which gave the Hussars that left the Gimaelics in awe. Her smile meant the arrival of the summer sun for the northmen.

"Ha Ha! I like your sister Baldwin. Say, is she... courtable?" Leoferic asked.

"Yes... but you may have to aske her if its ok with her. She's quite shy and ....how do I say....very awkward..." Hayato tried to force the words out of his mouth.

"A lady with 2 sides to her. I like you more already." The Hussar said.

And then Paruru had a field night talking about herself to the Hussars who sat and listened to her like children over an old storyteller's lap. Paruru told her life as an Idol ,her friends back home, Japan and all of its wonders and Earth overall which fascinated her listeners as well as overhearers.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

Miyuki was caringly caressing Belisarius head. He had another of his frequent Drug withdrawal attacks. He would sweat profusely all over his body bathing it in his sweat. He would collapse on the floor and go limp. Miyuki had to discreetly drag him away from the party to his room.

"I could have dodged it..... my.....leg is GONE!" He cried. His tears staining Miyuki's robes.

"Shh....its ok....at least you still have the rest of your body. Its better to lose your leg than you whole body." Miyuki cooed, she gave a cup of cold water to Belisarius.

He drank it. Yet he still breathed heavily over his regrets and tears. Miyuki could only hug Belisarius tightly as he cried. She had grown to understand Belisarius more ever since she found out of his drug addiction. She continued to help Belisarius quit it, then supporting him as he goes through the painfully long withdrawal period. She would cheer him up with her trademark 'fisher' quotes or teach him calligraphy. She closed her eyes and also cried a bit with him. It has been months after his last dose of the drug that was ensnaring him. It was stronger than she thought. It was like a lingering voice going through Belisarius' head saying 'Consume us! We are part of you!'. With Belisarius screaming at them 'Get out! I don't want you anymore!'.

Miyuki then suddenly felt her heart skip a beat as she realise she was getting that forbidden feeling.

Love...

It wasn't like her previous 'relationships' with those boys with the bright, eccentric and spiky hair where she would flirt with them and secretly date them (while stealthily avoiding those damn paparazzi). This was a genuine love between 2 individuals who both rely on each other for their mutual benefits.

Belisarius would learn so many things from Miyuki and learn to see the brighter side in life. In return, he would give her comforts like a good dress, decent food for her and her friends and companionship.

For Miyuki's part she learned how to speak Aurigan dialect of Vanoran and how to bargain in a trade since Belisarius always takes her to the richly stocked markets every week. In return, she would help him with his drug rehabilitation.

She sighed as she scracthed Belisarius curly hair. Her eyes felt sleepy as darkness took over her.

 

---------------------------------------------------

"So Osgar-sama, your a shepherd when your not fighting?" Sakura asked.

"Da, guard the flock on a horse, guide them to the pens and kill a beast once a week. The last one was the best part." Osgar said. He smiled at Yuki who he has his eyes on. Yuki noticed the Spearmaster's gaze and laughed a little.

"Big monsters? Like Geldriuses?" Sakura asked again.

"No Kazanji, Irriyans, Arupuja's basically demonic bats, many headed snakes and bird men who just love to get a taste of my flock. But ain't nobody touching them when im around. I remember I had to fight all 3 of them at once. Did'nt lose any of my sheep." Osgar added

"Yatta! Your so brave." Yuki said getting closer to Osgar to listen to him more.

"Hey, lady easy on the arms, They just got cutted."

"But your so brave, facing those robots without feeling scared. I was so scared when I saw them shooting their arrows at me. Yet you faced them and beaten them." Yuki said with puppy like eyes that could make any man just swoon.

"Well all in a days work as a shepherd."

They continued to look up the skies once again admiring its beauty, not giving a damn of the party happening below.

Sakura breathed the midnight air with the aromas of half eaten food, the nearby trees and seas supplementing them. She felt wonderful being outside in peace. Yuki too was happy and she looks like she slightly let go of her prejudices of the Gimaelics with the example being Osgar talking with her casually.

"Your a singer? Me too! I would sing at 'the Drunken Raider' an old shepherd song." Osgar said.

"Really? Can we hear it?" Yuki asked.

"Yeah sure, we should go downstairs first, we need instruments, plus it works best if people will sing along. I will say each part and you repeat the verse again." Osgar instructed.

"Your going to sing 'Naranca' aren't you?" Rainoric asked

"What's 'Naranca'?" Yuki asked

"It means 'Orange' in Gimaelic. Its a old shepherd's tune. Very lively, I think you will like it." Osgar explained before jumping down to the balcony.

But when  he landed he heard a shrill scream. It was Miyuki.

"AHH!!!" Milky screamed waking up Belisarius who was sleeping on Milky's back. He fell down on the floor hitting his head.

"Whoa! Sorry! I thought you were at the party downstairs Julianus. Me, Rainoric, Sakura and Yuki were up by the roof stargazing." Osgar defended himself. He helped up Belisarius as the rest of the roofgazers came down from the balcony.

"You Gimaelics are always the carefree type. You just do whatever the f*** you want. Any way why are you in MY ROOM? Me and Miyuki are having a moment." Belisarius said rubbing the back of his head.

Sakura and Yuki were confused when Belisarius said 'Having a moment with Miyuki'.

"Were gonna blow some smoke off by singing downstairs before everyone leaves for the night. Come along, you can sing the Vanoran Anthem when were done." Rainoric said.

"Oh, uhm ok. Just leave me and Miyu alone for now. And tell no one what you just saw." Belisarius said.

"My eyes were blind, oh yeah...uhm...thats a term for something....Just carry on!" Rainoric said walking past the couple.

The group went back downstairs where the party was being held. The Gimaelics were casually chatting and playing the night away with their Vanoran neighbors. They soon noticed Osgar who held Yuki's hand come up to the stage.

"Gimaelics! Nadavo izvedem instrumente. Njegova pjevacka vrijeme." He spoke in Gimaelic.

Several of the big, burly and long bearded men came up to the stage. One had a drum, another with a lute and the last had a pipe.

"Ok, this song is Naranca. I bet the lads know this am I right? *sound of cheers* Ok, sing along guys. Lets end this night with a bang shall we?" He said to the crowd. They all cheered, brightening the atmosphere like an Idol Live in Akihabara.

"Ok Yuki, repeat what I say. And don't worry about messin' up. We won't rip yer tongue if you do. I'll make sure no man tries to. So relax. Let that 'Singer's Flow' or whatever you feel when you sing go over ya. Ready?" Osgar whispered.

"Hai, ready." Yukirin replied.

Then Osgar cued the band to play. The lute player strummed his respective instrument followed by the drummer beating his. Then the flute whistled to the rythm. Then Osgar's mouth opened.

"Oj, divojko, jabuko rumena,
Parim da te, ma, naranča rodila.
Nije mene naranča rodila,
Za goru me je mat moja rodila." The crowd also sang with him.

Then it was Yuki's turn. With what Gimaelic she can muster she spoke with the best of her ability and knowledge:

"Oi, divoico, yabuko rumena,
Parim da e', ma, naracia rodila.
Ni-he me-ne nara-cia rodila,
Sa koru me je mat moha rodi-a." She spoke like a Gaijin in broken Japanese.

"Not bad, need to work on the accent again. Next one!

Bura mi je ziparinka bila,
Zipjuć me je va morje stavjala.
Mornari me va mrižu lovili
Prodali me biloj Katarini.    " Osgar said getting into the merry spirit.

The song was getting into Yuki. Like a hit song on the radio she began to gain her rythm.

"Bu-ra me yeah zipper-inka bila,
Zip-chu me je va mor-he stav-hala.
Mornari me va miso lovili
Prodali me bilo Katarinee. " Yuki sang almost with the same accenting as Osgar.

"Good! Good! Now faster lads!"

The band began to strike, strum and blew their instruments in a faster pace. The crowd began to chant and clap to the beat of the drum. Even Yuki's friends were getting into the mood too.

" Katarina dobra žena bila
Ka je mene ma bilu odgojila.

Z bilim kruhom i crljenim vinom.
Z bilim kruhom i crljenim vinom.

Go lady go!                               " Osgar said cheerfully.

The music was hitting it and the ground was shaking to the stomping of feet of the gay crowd.

Yuki's world slowed down that time. She felt at home in a stage. People cheering at her. Being the center of attention. She now felt in the zone as she repeated the verses to them one more time.

"  Katarina dobra sena bi-lah

Ka ye mene m bee-lu o-dila.

Z bilim kruhoe i crenim vino

Z bilim kruhoe i crenim vino

YEAH!                                   " She jumped up. Much to the cheer of the crowd.

 

"Your long necked friend is like Ulrich when he just heard the dinner bell!" Rainoric joked to Sakura

"Yeah, when you get her happy. She will show it. Hey do you know we both actually come from the same prefecture or you would call it a province." Sakura said

"Really? Both of you from.... Uhm.... Ca-go...shimo?" Rainoric brokenly said

"Its Ka-go-shima master. Kagoshima." Sakura corrected.

"I'll remember not to burn it if I ever go there." He said with a dark sense of his own brand of humor.

 

As Yuki was giving flying kisses and waving to the crowd. The music was still playing and Osgar was still enslaved to the tune. He snuck up to Yuki and grabbed her hands with his.

"Let's dance shall we? It cures hangovers. And I got one! And that wine's name is Yuki the Cash Wag." Osgar said.

Yuki blushed from the flattery she was given.

"Its Kashiwagi." Yuki corrected.

"Oh piss me harder more Japanische!" Osgar grabbed Yuki tightly and begun to hop, spin and shake around the stage to the beat of the festive music.

For an unexpected thrill Yuki was having, she could'nt tell if she should be flattered, disgusted, scared or happy right now.

"Os-gar! Os-gar! Os-gar! Os-gar! Os-gar!" chanted the Gimaelics (plus Rainoric and Ulrich). Osgar and Yuki twirled around the stage like a tornado that only stopped when both of them started to get dizzy. He grabbed Yuki by the waist then lifted her horizontally up to the air. He shoulder pressed Yuki several times until his intoxicated digestive tracts no longer can take the exertion.

Osgar dropped Yuki leaving her to fall on the floor as he threw up his dinner and his late night drink.

The Gimaelics crowd roared in laughter as Osgar wiggled his way back to a standing position. He raised his arms as if he gained victory and honor and the crowd roared again.

"Ha ha! A classic way to belch out! Dance around like a crazed Dredgik* who just ate them shrooms until his insides eject from all the rumblin! ******* Glorious!" Rainoric laughed louder than the Yamanins as he drank another cup of Dust Water.

"But he vomited?!?!" Sakura confused and shocked said. Her eyes widened to wait for Rainoric's culture shocks.

"That's a sign of manliness in Gimael! He said.

Osgar after reveling the glory looked to Yuki who was lying unconscious on the ground.

"Hey lass, you sleepy? Lass? Lass? Yuki? Ahh Sh---" Osgar was about to swear yet again when someone pushed him aside.

"MILK! MILK! MILK!" It was Churi, her a pinkish red color and her tongue was sticking out. Sweat was dripping all over the birdie girl's face like a fountain.

"Bloody wrong with you?" Osgar asked.

"Habanero! Rena! Eat! Eat! Hot! Hot! HOT!!!" Churi exclaimed.

Then a servant boy appeared carrying a metal cannister of milk with her. Being the despicable antagonist to the Churi as Osgar can be, he grabbed the cannister from the servant and spilled its silky liquid content all over Churi's face knocking her down to the ground.

"Payback is great isn't it Birdie? Any way, Susse Traume Hundin. I got an injured lamb to fix tonight!" He said with a sarcastic tone while kneeling down over Churi's knocked downed body.

She could'nt utter a word as the Habanero peppers weakened her severely... Rena.... is so going to have a word with her later.

Osgar picked up unconsious Yuki and carried her over to the Gimaeli camp for her to rest and have him and Eslek look over her.

(Will write a drabble)

---------------------------------------------------------

The Next day and one painfully hard hangover we now arrive at the Vanoran Parliament Hall.

"O--k, Ah... my head. Today's session is now commencing." The Vanoran speak of the house said from his elevated desk.

The hall was built the same way as in a courtroom back in eart. There were pews, tables and chair for everyone to lay on. Sakura was surprised to even see that despite the Vanorans and the Gimaelics partying hard last night, they still have a meeting at the government buildings today. In Auriga it is considered shameful to be absent for the meeting and the Legion will be sent to find you.

Many councilors and aristocrats were speaking amongst themselves from relative news to how their hangover was barely keeping their heads up.

Then the sound of the doors behind the Speaker's stand opening silenced the attendee's chatter.

"All rise! I have come. Now... lets get this over with. I wanna go home!" said the speaker. His voice was rather grumpy since he too party hard last night.

Everyone including Sakura sat down. The speaker went to his table and sat down. He then grabbed a mallet and slammed the wooden hammer commencing the meeting.

"Ok, too avoid formalities we all know what we are hear for. Magister Jiraduveja, the only reason why im doing this now is that you made a load of promises and outlandish claims." The speaker said with a tone of annoyed anticipation.

"But they are true minster.  And I am here with my supporters to prove to all of the noble houses what we can profit from this." Jira spoke in a cunning way like a TV advertisement salesman (the ones that sells you exercise gear or unconventional kitchen gadgets).

"So, enlighten us Drakken." says the Speaker.

Jira pulled out several charts displaying Earth to the court. Geography, surveys and pictures, you name it.

"So, Earth is a planet beyond our reaches of the Empire that has shown many 'anomalies' not found in any other planets. For example, there is more water than land. And the water makes the ground fertile. And with fertile land there will be people. And when there are other people, we have opportunity." Jira said.

The court whispered amongst themselves. It seems to Sakura that the many planets that the Aurigans have been too could'nt support a large amount of people. And fertile land was a luxury in Auriga as Rainoric told him. Everyday a farmer constantly battle Auriga's unpredictable climate just to have something to eat.

"Hmm... your quite right on that. But I am still not convince why you want to send an entire batallion of Vanoran Legionnaires to set up a colony there? I heard from Gewis that the people there will try to kill us at the moment they see us."

"Well for starters, Gewis was in a middle of another famine and he needed to satisfy his kingdoms needs. I know the Gimaelics can be quite, 'violent'."

"You can say that again." Rainoric commented.

"How will I know that the moment you, 1000 Legionnaires and your Merchant's Guild won't become squashed by them?"

"Minister, Minister, Minister, In all of your years in politics, tell me is it 30 or something more? You fail to realise that the 'Pen is mightier than the sword'." Jira opened his arms

"Are you saying you are going to attempt to reason with the savages?" said an old looking Vanoran senator.

"No we are not! We are peaceful people!" Sakura shouted standing up in anger over the insulting calling.

"Peaceful, you are so naiive little girl. While you say your 'Japanese' are a peaceful race of slashed eyed humans. Your fellow Earthlings in Baizan are tearing the Baizan Shipyards a new hole in the ground."

"Wh-what?" Sakura asked confused of what was he talking about.

"Are you deaf girl? There is a slave uprising in the Baizan islands right now and Governor-General Zolya has got her hands full. Do you think we can even trust these people? And why is she here? You should have your head on a pike right now!" the senator shouted. He pointed his index finger at Sakura accusively.

"This idea is proposterous!"

"Jira are you crazy? Why the hell are you the guild leader? I would have you impeached!"

"I am not sending a thousand Legionnaires for this one. This expedition of yours is suicide!" so erupted the court.

Sakura could only tear up over the excessive shouting. She lowered her head trying to ignore the barrage of insults and accusations she was in the receiving end of.

"Hey back of Toga*! Lay a finger on her and you lay a finger on me! You shut your tongue up or I'll cut it off and sell it to a pharmacist" Rainoric defended Sakura.

"Order! Order in the court! We are getting out of subject here! This is court is here for Jira not the rebels." The speaker slammed his mallet down instantly quieting down the whole room.

"May I continue? Ok, according to my intelligence from second hand accounts of the Gimaelics and the very words of the prisoners they have brought with them, Earth is a very promising place. If an expedition is to be sent there we could find so much more. I believe I have a book that would convice everyone in this room why Earth should be our next great investment." Jira continued his arguement to the court. The court now slightly calm but still ticked off to be sharing the room with a Japanese woman.

"And  what do you think we can gain from this?"

"According to my calculations our potential profit could get a a fifth more than any trade partnet we could get here. And what exactly could we get from them? These little grains that the Gimaelics brought. They grow abundant there. It had fed them well as they lasted." Jira pulled out  a handful of rice grains.

"The white grains? How abundant?" The speaker's curiousity was piqued.

"All over the planet, they grow everywhere there? If we can obtain them without any 'hand's on persuasion' we can all share in its bounty."

"Ok, but how do I know your not just trying to skim for your own gain? I am still being hounded by petitions for your impeachment. First you are suspected of blowing up the ports during the middle of summer. Another incident you brought an army of your 'mercenaries' though your enemies would call them thugs to a peace talk and killed one of the parties involved. And do not get me started on your time working for the Jeweller's guild in Guaita."

"Maxi, Maxi, Maxi, Maxi, of all my years in Vanoran you know I have given my all to ensure Vanoran is the shining beacon of prosperity and wealth in Auriga. If I can confess my fellow nobles, I was the one who exposed the plot of Eleutherius betrayal and the close call victory we had in Ydeli. During the party I had several rogues break-in to his mansion to still proof that he dance with the Unspooken."

"And what about Samhane ruining the whole party? They had my favorite cheese out that night."

"That was something I firmly believe no one whas expecting. But I regress, though my methods are 'ethically questionable' there results has always enrichened and protected the people of this great city and our land. Look at you all, you would all be living in mud huts writhing in the filth like hogs if I hadn't intervene. If I have to use force to make sure that EVERY person in this planet whether he be Vanoran, Ghogth, Gimaelic, Baizan, Axsummite, Nalanascythian or whatever Godan shines his sun on us no longer have to worry about what will be on his table, so be it. For I see the Himmel incarnated, and that place is Earth! Now, are we all going to be stuck in this planet fighting over scraps, or do we unite our arms, our sweat and blood to change this for our future together?" Jira spoke with inspiration.

Many senators began to stand up and pledge there support for Jira's proposed expedition to Earth. And Belisarius of course with his influence (and some favors pulled) also raised up (with a little wobbling from his crutch).

Jira smiled for his name will be written in history as the man who would change Auriga and Earth. But that's going to  happen once he and the expedition step their feet on Earth soil.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"You were great out there. And as promised I will comission Zolya to build the ships you will need. Just gather 1000 brave souls to journey with you." Rainoric shook Jira hands.

"Thank you, I will be here in Vanoran awaiting the news of the ship's completions." Jira said.

"That would be a problem, we still have a rebellion going on there and Zolya's shipyards have halted production." Speaker Maxi said who walked into the conversation.

"Do not worry about the rebels Speaker of the House. I will be the one to perform the act of 'suppression of dissidents'." Rainoric said with snarky tone.

"Good, and I wish you luck on killing the Sea King fish. I heard that one was spotted half way through the voyage you will be taking." Maxi said patting Rainoric's shoulder.

"I shall bring its bone and make a fine horn to drink on. Consider it dead already." Rainoric vowed.

Takamina ran in and saluted Rainoric.

"My lord, Belisarius and his men have already packed up and are boarding the ship as we speak and also your men too."

"Good, bring a bucket with you. Its going to be rough seas ahead." Rainoric said before leaving.

After everyone left, Takamina, Paruru, Hayato and Sakura both ran to Jira before he completely flew off back to his office.

"Jira, that was a good speech back there." Sakura said.

"Thank you Sakura. When your in the capitalist elite, you learn to be very charismatic."

"Is it true there is a rebellion in the place we are going? With my fellow country men doing it?" Hayato asked.

"Yes but that's all I know. Govenor Zolya is the one you should be getting news from not me. I just heard it."

"So...uhm good bye then. We wish you luck." Takamina closed the talk before the AKB girls turned around to leave.

"Wait!" Jira shouted suddenly.

The girls and Hayato turned around surprised."

"Minami Takahashi or as the garisson calls you now 'the Herald of Ydeli' I want to say. Thank you for saving my life. If there is anything I can repay you. Please let me know." Jira said

"Well, I will think it over." Takamina replied

"Don't take too long, I will leave as soon as the expedition ships are ready."  the Drakken said. He then dissapeared through the bustling Vanoran crowd as they went around doing there daily grind.

"Yatta! We actually got a favor from a powerful man! So what should you ask of him?" Paruru asked to Takamina.

"I don't know, I should think it over for now. Any way lets get to the docks and board the ship." Takamina said. She then led on the group to board the ship.

 

-----------------------------------------------------

"My prince, a letter from your father." a messenger came to Rainoric just as he was about to finish packing his tent into the cargo bay of the boat.

"I am suprised, here's your tip now run off. I have to go now." He said to the messenger, he gave a couple of Ducat coins to the messenger as a tip.

He pulled out his seax knife and broke the wax seal guarding the envelope's contents.

The letter read:

My son,

I have heard the news  about your heroism in Ydeli. You showed those scum why their faith is pathetic! And I also heard you have fought a certain 'Samhane Haligtide'. I honestly laughed at this report for I heard Samhane is a psychopathic Red Broken Lord. But you somehow someway triupmhed though against my hopes you have used your 'Gift'.

Anyway Gimael has been quite active when you let. To put some complicated politics aside, the nobles and I have called for another Raid on Earth. This time with more volunteers to join us. The Noble houses have proposed we expand our sights beyond Japan. The coastal cities of 2 nations that the Earthlings called 'China and South Korea'. By the time you have received this letter me and my 2 million brave warriors have just left Auriga to return to Earth for more loot and booty for us to take. Perhaps on the 3rd or 4th raid I can take you to join.

Another thing about Gimael, well specifically Guaita, is that when you return in a year or so. It would be different as you left. I have installed several of these 'Power Plants' which lights up Gimael with the power of lightining or 'Electricity' as they would call it. It is said to be bore resilient than fire and can keep us warm during the Dark Season*.

Also we are constructing a factory which will be almost operated by robots. With the power of Dust and the technology engineering of these Japanese we have taken and forced to work, we can be making anything we desire at whatever quantity we so please. I can go on with what these Earth Humans can do. Perhaps they aren't cowardly, pathetic Yamanin as I first thought.  But alas I must leave for Earth to plunder so forgive me for the short letter. I will promise to get something nice for you and send a servant to deliver them when you are done.

Hope you quell the rebellion in Baizan. Zolya will brief you when you arrive after killing the Sea King.

From your father,

High King Gewis Eadwulf.

-------------------------------------------------

Osgar placed a soft pillow on Yuki and washed her snow white face.

"Sorry if I was a bit to crazy out there. I hope when you wake up you want whack me like Churi." Osgar said apologetically.

He was about to leave when his arm was grabbed by Yuki.

"Please....don't runaway Osgrr---Sae....Sae....pls...." She slept talk, a smile formed on her beautiful face.

Touched by Yuki, Osgar sat back down to tend and keep an eye one her. He spent the next hour brushing her hair and humming 'Naranca' to lullaby her.

 

Missle amulets: Basically shields like in those sci fi shooters.

Toga: term used for Vanorans especially if they are in the ruling elite.