1000 Subscribers Special - The Millionaire... Wedding Planner?

The Millionaire Matchmaker

 

why hello der its me ive been wondering if afterall these years you realisED THAT THIS FIC ACHIEVED 1000 SUBSCRIBERS ????////????/??????/??? because i did and i cried. this was my first fic to ever achieve that number of subs and i feel v v v v v vv emotional. 

i apologise, because i wanted to write something better for this but i realised im gonna have to go away for a couple of days and i felt bad for leaving you all so long without something special. ALSO THE DRABBLE SERIES WILL STILL BE UPDATED I HAVENT GIVEN UP ITS JUST ON THE BACKBURNER OKKKKKKKKK <333

theres so much i want to say but i cant find the words omg. just thank you thank you thank you so much for sticking with me and my fic and jongin and kyungsoo and my bad sense of humour and everything. thank you. you're all shiny shiny shiny stars who deserve every piece of love in the world. so im giving it to you. mwah. YOU ARE ALL MY NOODLE SKWAD BABIES OK MOTHER TEA WILL PROTECT YOU FOREVER.

this was written v quickly and is completely unedited and unbetaed and unchecked through and was written while i was v high on feels and emotions so it probably doesnt make sense but jsut brACE YOURSELVES FOR UNECESSARY KAISOO FLUFF ok

also because you all knw jongin would get his dating advice from dramas he gon be tryin all them moves on ksoo you just kno it. 

yah. much love, as ever, i'll see you v soon, 

WAIT HOLD UP. kaisooaufest starts posting literally today and me and many other lovely authors have taken part so it would be lovely if you could check it out and give me/us lots of love. my livejournal is http://teatox.livejournal.com just in case you want it (obviously at reveals if you wanna know which fic is mine, though i figure many of you will guess!)

OKKKKKK so thats it all now, /raises glass of hells flaming liquor/ here's to another 1000,

many love loves from mother tea <33333333

 

 

 

The bathroom door clunks shut behind Baekhyun and Kyungsoo flops back onto the plush hotel bed in relief. 

 

Bridezilla is an understatement when it comes to Byun Baekhyun. 

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s wedding has been a long time coming, but now the big day is finally here it seems no amount of planning was going to cover for the impending disaster that every wedding seems to bring. 

 

Since he’s been dedicated best man duties (for Baekhyun at least) it’s Kyungsoo’s job to ensure that everything runs smoothly, and that includes getting one groom to the venue on time. No mean feat with how long it takes Baekhyun to get ready. 

 

Kyungsoo rubs his eyes vigorously and tries to wake himself up. He’s been awake since six this morning, dashing all over the place to ensure that the last minute preparations are perfect. His job has evolved into more of a wedding planner than best man, but he’s always been ridiculously organised and a er for detail so it’s not like it was a shock for anyone to see Kyungsoo striding round in the early hours demanding that the fancy bows be tied perfectly straight on the back of every chair. 

 

He’s just about to fall asleep for a light nap (without crumpling his very expensive suit) when there’s a sharp knock on the door. 

 

Kyungsoo pulls himself upright and drags himself to the door, grimacing when he hears a nasal voice coo from the other side. “Come on, come on, open up!” 

 

“Good morning Mrs Byun.” Kyungsoo says, bowing and opening the door wide enough for Baekhyun’s mother to step through. 

 

“Good morning Kyungsoo!” Mrs Byun pipes, bustling her way inside. Her ridiculously oversized pink hat nearly pokes Kyungsoo in the eye as she passes, and Kyungsoo is relieved to spot Jinri entering behind her. At last, some normality from the Byun side. 

 

“Morning Kyungsoo,” Jinri smiles knowingly. 

 

“Morning.” Kyungsoo greets, not bothering to mask his eye roll as Mrs Byun marches around and inspects the hotel room. 

 

“Kyungsoo! Where is my son?” Mrs Byun asks, peering suspiciously at Kyungsoo. 

 

“He’s in the shower, Mrs Byun.” Kyungsoo says as Jinri stifles a chuckle. 

 

“Remind me again how she ended up as my daughter in law?” Jinri mutters lowly as Mrs Byun pays no mind to Baekhyun’s modesty and swings the bathroom door open with a loud shout of “Baekkie dear! Mummy’s here!” 

 

Kyungsoo can only sigh agitatedly and check his phone, responding to emails from cake bakers, florists and a vicar stuck in traffic on the motorway. A quick time check tells him the ceremony is due to start in an hour and ten minutes and the venue is at least a good half hours drive away. Baekhyun will have to conform to tradition and be fashionably late. “I never knew weddings could be this stressful.” He puffs, filling his cheeks with air and letting it out in one slow breath. 

 

Jinri chuckles and guides him to sit down on the edge of the bed with her. “When it’s your own, I assure you it’s much more fun.” She winks, patting Kyungsoo’s hair fondly. “I don’t envy you. Baekhyun is a lot like his mother and I know you’ve been practically organising this thing single handedly.” 

“I think it’s Chanyeol that deserves the pity. Baekhyun as a husband and Mrs Byun as a mother-in-law? Ouch.” 

 

Jinri laughs, a warm hearty sound that automatically has Kyungsoo’s lips turning up into a smile. “You are a rebellious one, Kyungsoo. I think that’s why I like you. You definitely win son-in-law of the year.” 

 

Kyungsoo blushes “Jongin and I aren’t even engaged yet.” 

 

“Yet.” Jinri adds slyly, eyeing Kyungsoo’s red cheeks. 

 

Before Kyungsoo gets chance to respond, his phone lights up again with a call from the florists. By chance, it’s also the exact same time Mrs Byun wrestles her way through the bathroom door (that hat really is ridiculous) and begins asking Kyungsoo about the seating plan in a rather obnoxious voice. 

 

Jinri senses the inevitable disaster and plucks Kyungsoo’s phone out of his hands, answering the call professionally and tipping her head in Mrs Byun’s direction. 

 

“Now Kyungsoo, about this seating plan…” 

 

“Yes Mrs Byun?” 

 

“Which members of the Park family am I sitting beside? I’m not fond of the grandmother at all, she can be ever such a snob. I will be sitting on a table with the other elder’s though, correct? It’s not that I have anything against Chanyeol’s sister— Yeonhee is it?” 

 

“Yoora.” Kyungsoo corrects. 

 

“Yes, her, it’s not that I don’t like her but she is one of the younger members of the family and I don’t think it would be fitting for her to be sitting with the more prestigious members of the family, so to speak.” Mrs Byun straightens her hat pompously. 

 

Kyungsoo can already feel the contempt rising in his throat but he swallows it down with a smile. “Of course not Mrs Byun. I assure you the seating plan is all in order and I’m certain you’ll find it a delight.” He coos, nodding a little patronisingly. 

 

Mrs Byun takes the bait anyway. “Ah, good. Right, well I must be off now, there are plenty of things for me to be organising. Coo-ee!” She calls before she flounces out of the room. 

 

Jinri appears seconds later, a smile on her face as she hands Kyungsoo his phone back. “I’ve pacified the florists— for now. I’d best go and keep an eye on… the mother of the groom.” Jinri says darkly, before she throws Kyungsoo another crinkly eyed smile and pecks him on the forehead in a motherly fashion. 

 

Relieved by the sound of silence, Kyungsoo throws himself down on the bed head first. 

 

He can feel the tension already starting to creep down his back and he’s sure he’s going to get a tension headache due to the pulling in his neck muscles. 

 

Kyungsoo’s phone starts to buzz again and he picks it up lightly. He checks the caller and answers it with a smile. “Jongin.” 

 

“The one and only.” Kyungsoo already starts to feel his limbs relax at the sound of his boyfriend’s answering chuckle. He hasn’t seen much of Jongin over the past few days thanks to all the wedding planning, and Kyungsoo has already diagnosed himself with Jongin-withdrawal. 

“It’s nice to hear your voice again.” Kyungsoo hums. “I miss you.” He’s not one to get this soppy normally, but stress does a lot for ones normal behaviour. 

 

“I missed you more Soo.” Jongin breathes over a sigh. “How are you holding up? Is everyone coping over at Camp Byun?” 

 

“Nope. Not in the slightest. The florists are complaining about something, the vicar’s stuck in traffic, Baekhyun still isn’t out of the bathroom, Chanyeol’s grandmother was complaining she wouldn’t be able to see anything if she’s sitting at the back and Baekhyun’s mother has just been in here organising and about seating plans so I’m a little stressed to say the least.” 

 

There is a small silence from Jongin’s end. “Wow.” He says after a while. 

 

“You could say that, yeah.” Kyungsoo huffs, massaging his temple with one hand and clutching his phone to his ear with his other. 

 

“I’ll tell you what,” Jongin starts, “You know the housekeeping cupboard on the end of your floor?” 

 

“Yeah.” Kyungsoo hums, not sure whether he likes where this is going or not. 

 

“Meet me there in five. You need Jongin therapy. And I miss you. But Jongin therapy is a better excuse. Sound good?” 

 

Kyungsoo grins at his dorky boyfriend. “Yeah. Really good actually.” 

 

Jongin drops the line in an instant and Kyungsoo shoves his phone in his pocket. “Baek?” He calls through the bathroom door. “I’m just going to see Jongin. I’ll be back in a minute!” 

 

“Surprise surprise!” Baekhyun teases through the door. 

 

Kyungsoo ignores him and heads out into the excessively air-conditioned corridor. Its mercifully empty, and he strolls down it leisurely despite the butterflies flittering in his tummy. 

 

As he rounds the corner, Kyungsoo catches sight of the cupboard but before he can open it himself the door is flung open and a strong arm wraps around Kyungsoo’s waist, tugging him inside. 

 

He’s about to scream but when the door clicks shut behind him Kyungsoo finds himself buried in a very familiar chest. “I just knew you were going to attempt something grossly romantic like that.” 

 

Kyungsoo feels the vibrations of Jongin’s chest as he laughs. “You know I always like to sweep you off your feet.” 

 

“It’s not meant literally, .” Kyungsoo huffs, but he smiles as he feels Jongin’s arms tighten around him into a hug. 

 

The cupboard is pitch black save for a tiny, cobweb covered bulb that gives a slight glow. It’s just enough for Kyungsoo to pick out Jongin’s features when he pulls back to look at him, and he’s relieved to see that he’s smiling too. “It’s only because I love you.” Jongin hums. “And it’s because I like seeing you blush.” he taunts. 

 

Kyungsoo gives him his best deadpan glare. “Why have you brought me to a grubby, cobwebby cupboard Mr Kim?” 

 

Jongin grins again and pulls Kyungsoo into him, settling the elder’s forehead into his neck and wrapping his arms around him tightly. “Because,” Jongin presses a kiss to Kyungsoo’s temple, his voice already having dropped to a quieter, more relaxing tone. “You sounded really rather stressed. You feel it too, your back is all stiff. And as I’ve mentioned previously, I am actually in love with you so I care quite a bit when you’re stressed. I’m here to make you feel better with unlimited Jongin-cuddles, which are the best variety of cuddles in the world, proven fact.” 

 

“Proven by whom?” 

 

“Me. I prove it every time I hug you.” Jongin says proudly, nestling his lips into Kyungsoo’s hair and rocking them back and forth a little. 

 

“I agree.” Kyungsoo sighs happily. He could fall asleep standing up as long as he was in Jongin’s arms. 

 

Jongin starts to hum a little tune, his hands soothing up and down Kyungsoo’s back until he feels the muscles start to loosen a little. 

 

Kyungsoo throws his own arms around Jongin’s waist, wishing he could bury himself under Jongin’s skin and not have to face this stupid wedding with warring relatives and bridezilla Byun. Jinri’s teasing ‘yet’ swirls round in his head and he allows himself a few seconds to consider what it would be like to call Jongin husband rather than just boyfriend. He likes the sound of it, even in his own head. 

 

Kyungsoo isn’t one to daydream for long though, so it’s not long before he’s breaking the comfortable silence to murmur “Why did you think cramping us in a tiny cupboard would be a fun idea?” 

 

“Dunno. I saw it in dramas a few times so I just thought… why not?” Jongin sounds just a little sheepish. 

 

Kyungsoo laughs. “You’re such a dweeb. It’s nice though, being away from everyone, hiding.” He sighs. “I probably should go back soon, though, I can’t let Baek get anymore freaked out.” 

 

Jongin nods. “I guess so. I think my Kyungsoo need has been sated for now.” 

 

“Must you make everything sound so ?” 

 

“Yes, yes I must.” 

 

“Why do I date you? Why?” 

 

“Because you looooove me!” Jongin coos like a child. 

 

“Unfortunately. Now are you going to give me a kiss and one last cuddle before I go?” 

 

Jongin answers with a smirk as he cups Kyungsoo’s jaw. 

 

Kyungsoo forgets how nice it is kissing Jongin sometimes. His hands always seem to fit so nicely on Kyungsoo’s body and their lips together like clockwork. Jongin kisses like there’s no oxygen in his lungs, like Kyungsoo is the only source he needs to survive, and it’s never anything short of breathtaking. His tongue knows just how to beckon Kyungsoo’s own into his mouth softly, his lips know how to press and pull and his teeth know how to nip and bite just perfectly. Kyungsoo will probably attribute this all to them being made for each other, but he usually leaves the mushy, romantic stuff to Jongin (maybe just this once he’ll give himself a break). 

 

Jongin separates their lips slowly, savouring the last second until their lips finally detach. “Was that a suitable enough kiss for his majesty?” 

 

As usual, Kyungsoo is a little light headed and weak at the knees and wondering how Jongin manages to stay so calm (if only he knew how hard Jongin’s heart was doing the conga in his chest). “Yeah. Satisfactory.” 

 

Jongin snorts at Kyungsoo’s tell tale blush, running his fingers across a strawberry tinted chubby cheek. “CEO’s don't do satisfactory.” 

 

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes and tucks his head under Jongin’s chin, signalling that the teasing is done for today and he wants one more cuddle. 

 

Jongin happily obliges and squeezes him close, pressing a kiss to his temple. “I’d better go back and find Chanyeol actually.” 

 

Kyungsoo pulls back swiftly, nearly knocking Jongin’s chin with his head. “Find Chanyeol?” 

 

“Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. We lost Chanyeol.” 

 

“You lost Chanyeol?” 

 

“Yeah. Sehun’s looking for him now though, I’ll go help him in a minute.”

 

“Jongin seriously? You’ve lost one of the grooms!?” Kyungsoo is near hysterical again. 

 

“Sh, sh.” Jongin soothes, grasping Kyungsoo’s flapping hands firmly. “I promise, everything will be fine. Go and help Baekhyun.” 

 

Kyungsoo looks just a little incredulous, but he’s been with Jongin long enough to know that sometimes you just have to trust him. He has enough on his plate anyway. “Fine, fine. I seriously hope you’re joking though.” 

 

Jongin winces. “Only a little. We’ve got it covered though. We sort of know where he is.” 

 

“Sort of!” 

 

“Soo, go. I love you, ok? I’ll see you at the ceremony.” 

 

Kyungsoo gives one last doubtful shake of his head, before he turns and heads out the door. 

 

Jongin snatches up one of his hands just before he leaves and places a sloppy kiss in the centre of his palm. 

 

That pulls a smile up. Kyungsoo pokes his head back through the door. “I love you too.” He says, feeling slightly better as he sees Jongin perk up like a little puppy. “I’ll see you at the altar!” 

 

***

 

By the end of the day, everything turns out ok. 

 

Chanyeol is found (in a bush weeping over pictures of Baekhyun because he ‘can’t believe he’s lucky enough to be marrying this man’). 

 

Mrs Byun successfully gets her place at the elders table and is treated like a star seeing as she’s ‘mother of the groom’. 

 

Chanyeol’s grandma, the only member of the Park family under 5ft 3, gets a special chair at the front of the service. 

The vicar arrives on time, the flowers haven’t wilted and Kyungsoo manages not to mess up his best man’s speech. 

 

Chanyeol doesn’t look like a fool at his first dance, and now the floor is filled with other couples swaying gently from side to side, Kyungsoo and Jongin among them. 

 

“It’s been a good day.” Kyungsoo whispers, his forehead pressed against Jongin’s. 

 

“I promised I’d sort things out in the end, didn’t I?” Jongin says a little cockily. 

 

“I thought it was Sehun that found him though.” 

 

“It was, but as my loving boyfriend you’re supposed to go around telling everyone it was me.” 

 

“Yeah right.” 

 

“Sometimes I question if you really do love me.” 

 

“I love you far too much for my own good.” 

 

“That’s good, because I love you too.” 

 

“Always nice to know.” 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin are still the same bickering, married old couple (just without the marriage and the old age) that they always have been, and they’re still just as in love with each other as at the start. 

 

The future is bright for them, certainly, and if only they could see inside each other’s heads right now. 

 

They’d see the exact same picture, the exact same place, except this would be their wedding, their night and the time when they finally tie themselves together forever. 

 

It’ll come sooner than they think. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

why am i such lame fluff trash what even is that ending jeez tea 

TUMBLR

 

LIVEJOURNAL ik i linked this at the top but sssshhh

 

twitter

curiouscat