Old Habits

Seulrene Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sleeping was Seulgi’s favorite past time. To Irene’s knowledge, it has been that way since the girl was still a toddler. She understood that about her girlfriend. She never did complain. She never got mad. To say the least, it was at the last bit of topics they could argue about.

Not until that faithful day of July 16th.

After a long day of work, Irene was expecting something special by the time she reached home. It was after all the one year anniversary of the Be Natural video she did with her girlfriend. Well, at least it was what she was picturing.

Of course, our expectations have harsh realities sometimes.

And even though Bae Joohyun could have the world wrapped around her finger, she can’t force Seulgi to just stay awake.

By the time she got home, Yeri was the one who opened the door. She was half expecting Seulgi would already be waiting for her since her last text message. To add more disappointment to a day turning out to be a nightmare, Seulgi was at her usual spot.

The couch

The girl was sleeping soundly, mouth open, unmoving even if Joy was on the floor watching their usual movies.

The two youngsters moved as she, although not that tall, towered over her girlfriend with her hands on her hips. Irene’s face mimicked a blowfish, trying hard not to get mad at the sight.

An eyebrow twitch already signaled Joy and Yeri to leave the living room and to call out the referee.

Only the great WANDY can cool of Hell-Bae if Kang Ddeulgi was fast asleep.

Again

Irene breathed out put her foot up, which had only socks by the way, then lightly kicked Seulgi by the shoulder.

“Yah…”

The voice was still soft. Unfortunately, her girlfriend practically didn’t move.

“Yah…” It was firm this time.

Seulgi merely turned away from her, muttering something about waking her up if the room was on fire.

Well, bear, the room isn’t on fire. But Irene’s nostrils are.

Wendy and the two youngsters were running down the stairs trying to catch up but it was too late. Irene was fuming and was leaning towards Seulgi’s ear.

Poor eardrums they thought.

“YAH!” Irene shouted so loud the neighbors would have heard her.

She saw Seulgi wake up in a daze, then fall off the couch. Their eyes met. But Irene couldn’t take the disappointment any longer. She promised. Seulgi promised she would stay awake today so they could eat dinner together.

She turned around not caring if Seulgi was looking at her to see her stomping away. Irene didn’t care about the food she bought for her girlfriend anymore.

Unknown to her, Seulgi face palmed remembering her promise. She stood up and saw her band mates on the stairs. They looked apologetic rather than scolding. She did ask them to wake her up at a specific time so she could be awake when Irene arrived that day.

Our bear merely smiled then walked over to Irene’s door, which, thankfully was still not closed.

She was about to say something but Irene faced her, eyes b in tears.

It was like their first anniversary. If Seulgi couldn’t even manage to prepare herself today, how much could Irene expect on the 23rd, their anniversary?

The oldest shoved her out then closed the door in her face.

It was going to be difficult tomorrow.

It was Friday, Music Bank day. They don’t talk on Friday’s because Seulgi has difficulty recuperating on Irene’s MC cuts with Bogum.

Irene didn’t want to put her hopes up from her bear anymore.

@@@@@@@

Another day was done and Irene had to face the fact that she was going to see her girlfriend tomorrow. Not today, but tomorrow. She wondered if Seulgi did karaoke again, it was a Friday afterall. Since her stint in Music Bank started, she barely saw her girlfriend on Fridays. It was like a black hole in their relationship. It didn’t help that the other girls had things to do on their own. The rest of Red Velvet usually went out on their activities which usually left her alone in the dorm by the end of Music Bank.

But today seemed entirely different

To her surprise, Bogum asked her to accompany him to his dressing room because someone was waiting for her the whole time. It was one thing for her co-MC to ask her to go to his dressing room. The second surprise was that there was actually someone else waiting for her. It was at a request so when they got to the door, he politely bowed and left her.

He didn’t even mention who was waiting for her.

Curious and nervous, Irene opened the door and found Seulgi sleeping on the couch. She was holding a bouquet of pink roses. She smiled and knelt right beside the couch, her hands touching Seulgi’s face.

Her bear could be unpredictable sometimes.

One d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter