Again

Seulrene Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's the sequel to Rewind.

Thanks jisoapsoyoso for the messages. It helped. Hope this one still entertains. Cheers!

Yuri passed by her room and saw her sitting at the edge of her bed. The older girl looked at the clock, it was late. Too late for anyone to still be awake.

Seulgi was still wearing her clothes the previous day.

She could hear the older woman but the words were not registering.

Her heart was hammering on her chest, begging some release.

It was like they were back in high school again. Her heart just wouldn’t stop beating wildly at the sight of Joohyun. Seulgi breathed in, Joohyun was asking her something about what she could do to make up for their mistakes.

Pick up where they left off…

Seulgi’s heart wanted her to scream yes.

It would have been a lie if she would say she wasn’t in love with her anymore. She doesn’t even know if she stopped. Soojung seemed to have known it was still inside her. All kept with the walls she had surrounded her heart with. Her late wife knew that yes, Seulgi loved her deeply. But a part of her will always be Joohyun’s. Her heart hammering, her longing, they are all multiplied to an extent just being around the older woman. When they saw each other, after years being apart, Seulgi fought hard not to hold her in her arms. She tried to pretend she didn’t want her anymore. She tried to pretend she was angry.

It was because her head was telling her no…

Too much had happened. Too much time has passed them both. Yes, Seulgi was now a widower but what about Joohyun?

Did she love someone else in between?

Did she come after her because she found out she was marrying Soojung?

Did she even love her?

Where was she the last two years?

There were so many unanswered questions that should have been answered. It was the most logical step to end whatever was between them. In her mind, Seulgi should not associate herself with Joohyun anymore. A lot has happened. There was so much pain included. Too much water has already gone under the bridge.

But when their eyes finally fell on each other, Seulgi snapped.

“Are you asking me to throw away all the pain in my heart and just love you again?” She asked.

She thought how do you burn the bridge between them if she was still crossing it?

“Yes.” Joohyun answered, her eyes with so much love Seulgi was about to go mad.

She kissed Joohyun like she never had kissed anyone before.

Her fingers were gently pressed on her lips.

It had been hours since she came back but has not muttered a word to either Yuri or Jessica. It worried them but as of the moment, Seulgi could only keep things to herself.

She side glanced at the woman sleeping peacefully beside her. The moonlight had cast its gentle glow inside Joohyun’s room that slightly touched her face. Seulgi pursed her lips almost forgetting how beautiful she was.

Her skin felt like silk. Her kisses tasted like honey. Joohyun’s voice made Seulgi’s heart want to come out of her chest. She tried to hide it. Deny it. But she had the same effect.

It hurt.

Because she was still the Unnie she fell in love with.

Knowing the older woman’s heart was holding on to her didn’t help either.

Her finger tucked a stray hair on the older woman’s face, carefully making sure she doesn’t wake.

It wasn’t their intention.

But they ended up making love anyway.

When it was all said and done, Seulgi didn’t feel relieved.

She felt a lot worse.

Seulgi didn’t know who or what she was longing for. The amount of thoughts since she got back to her hometown has overwhelmed her mind. Soojung and Joohyun, they both lingered in her head and in her heart. She tried but failed miserably in tuning them out. She was more confused, agitated and helpless. Seulgi could have run out of words to describe her conflicting feelings.

After all these years the woman had carried the torch for her. When she kissed Joohyun, the older girl settled for what Seulgi had to offer. Joohyun didn’t care if it was her first. She gave herself to Seulgi regardless if it was going to be a one night stand that could end badly.

Seulgi felt guilty.

Seulgi leaned and kissed the side of Joohyun’s head. Her lips lingered not wanting to part from the older woman. But she had to.

Seulgi carefully closed the door and left Joohyun’s apartment.

She didn’t see brown eyes, slowly open.

She didn’t see her tears falling.

She didn’t see Joohyun turn to where she used to lay and cried herself to sleep.

“Brooding doesn’t suit you, Seulgi…” Yuri finally spoke but Seulgi didn’t look up.

The younger woman smiled sadly but kept her silence.

“You know, Jessica told me once that there was a time she didn’t want you for Soojung. You were too quiet, too detached… She swore if Soojung ended up with you, you would be a pain in her .” Yuri smiled back then continued.

“Then she told me little by little, you showed the warmth she never saw the day she first met you. It was as if you have built walls and Soojung was slowly tearing them down. She told me you were beautiful when you finally let out your smile. That’s when she realized, you were afraid.”

Slowly, Seulgi looked up to the older girl, their eyes meeting.

“You were hurt so badly in the past, you closed yourself from everyone. You were going Rambo in life. You wanted to be alone. She didn’t know then, but what happened with Joohyun and your family, broke you. And you had to pick up the pieces by yourself. You thought you weren’t loved. And you thought you didn’t deserve to be. So you loved yourself and didn’t rely anymore. Soojung broke that wall.”

“She broke it… Made me feel love again, unconditionally… I only felt that with Joohyun… I thought I forgot how to feel that warmth… Here…” Seulgi touched her chest, eyes b in tears.

“Since she died you’ve been building that wall again, Seulgi. You have only kept me, Jessica, our mother and father-in-law, close to you. But you know what? I feel you growing distant each day.”

“I’m sorry, Unnie…”

“It’s not easy I know… I couldn’t imagine how it felt like to let go of Joohyun. How it felt like to live alone… Or how it felt like when Soojung died…” Yuri took Seulgi’s hand and brings her into her embrace.

“But you don’t have to be scared Seulgi… Do you think Soojung would like to see you lonely and unhappy? The world is round Seulgi… Don’t let go of something that makes us special…” Yuri stepped back a little and placed her hand where Seulgi’s heart was.

“This, Seulgi... No matter how much pain it endures… It will never stop beating because of love.”

@@@@@@@

Seulgi stood by the gates with her hands on her pockets. Children passed her by, intrigued on how sophisticated she looked. She shyly ran her hand through her hair when some of the girls giggled because of her smile.

She felt like a celebrity.

“I see that you haven’t changed a bit…” The melodious voice didn’t need introductions.

She was after all the reason why Seulgi was there.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Seulgi asked tilting her head to side.

She held out her hand for Joohyun to take.

“You’re still as charming as the Kang Seulgi I met years ago.”

The older woman stood on the tip on her toes and kissed her lightly on the lips. Joohyun was about to turn away when Seulgi caught her by the waist then kissed her back, deeply.

Next thing they knew, they were back in Joohyun’s apartment making love again. It continued on for days. Joohyun didn’t really say a word about it whenever she left or whenever she picked her up. They knew where they were going to end up but neither said a word about it. They just let the kisses and their hands do the talking.

But they both knew once the wedding is over, Seulgi had to go back to the United States. That was where Seulgi’s life was. And yet, Joohyun didn’t stay away from Seulgi. They continued on meeting and making love each and every time.

Joohyun never told Seulgi she cries when she leaves her in the wee hours of the morning.

She took whatever Seulgi gave her.

Joohyun took it even though it broke her heart.

It was two days before the wedding. Seulgi and Joohyun were still into their routine. They knew there were only a few days left in the calendar before Seulgi leaves for New York. Somehow, they were making the most of it.

Later tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter