Greedy

Seulrene Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She should have been used to it.

 

The excited screams

The cool lights

The catchy music

 

It was almost 10 years in the business already. The type of environment in front of her should be something she was familiar with. But as Joohyun looked up to the stage, she could hear her heart pounding like crazy. It was as if she was back in the training room again.

 

Those years of learning

Those years of sacrifice

 

Immediately her eyes turned to the person who was across her, quietly humming the song. With her high pony tail and y figure, the Red Velvet leader could only smile.

 

All those years were never wasted.

 

Joohyun just arrived for her first day of dance practice. Being cooped up in the dorm the day before made her feel nervous and excited at the same time. But one thing is for sure.

 

Joohyun will make the most of the opportunity given to her.

 

She was admiring a series of photos on the hallway when she saw two girls coming out of the dance room. The girl who seemed to be older was dragging an eye-smiling girl. She bowed in respect, knowing they might be elder trainees. The older of the two bowed politely while the younger girl seemed to be in a daze. Joohyun felt a little afraid.

 

Did she make the older trainee upset?

Should she be doing something to remedy the situation?

 

Before she could think of ways to appease the situation, the taller girl dragged the smaller girl away with a smile. In a blink of an eye, the two were out of Joohyun’s sight.

 

But not before she overheard the younger one say words she will never forget.

 

“Unnie, she looks so pretty.”

 

“Unnie?” Wendy had already placed a hand on her shoulder to get her attention.

 

Joohyun didn’t know she was spacing out already till she noticed Yeri and Joy were also looking at her worriedly.

 

“Is it the nerves Unnie?” Yeri asked taking her other hand.

 

Joy and Wendy were already checking with their manager to get Joohyun some water in advance.

 

“I’m fine… Just reminiscing…” She smiled reassuringly.

 

It had been a habit for each member to become a little stressed out when one of them felt off. They only had each other, as Joohyun concludes. Their families were not an arms length. The years made them too conscious of each others needs. So even with her smile and her straightforward stare, the three were still unconvinced. They flocked around her, checking and bringing her items to help her relax. Seulgi walked closer donning her black attire and noticed the heavy atmosphere.

 

“Problem?” The taller girl’s hand immediately reached out for hers and she squeezed it in reply.

 

“None.”

 

She just got out of her voice lessons when she saw Seungyeon with her bags coming out of the HR office. Joohyun stood confused and ran automatically to her friend. What was going on?

 

“What’s with all the bags? Are you taking a vacation?”

 

“Hyun…” Seungyeon replied with this weight in her voice the Joohyun could not comprehend. 

 

She saw the taller girl holding on to a stuff toy she and Seulgi bought, it all made sense.

 

“Why are you leaving? Did something happen? Tell me, maybe we could ask for help.”

 

“This is not for me anymore…”

 

“But Seulgi…”

 

It was the first thing Joohyun worried about. Seulgi was so clingy when it came to Seungyeon. She wouldn't allow these things to happen if she had a choice. Seungyeon closed her eyes and placed her bags down. Joohyun could see heaviness in her breathing. Those eyes say

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter