A Day in the Life of SeulRene

Seulrene Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi quietly folded her clothes while Irene helped place them into her bag. The younger girl felt heavy knowing she had to fly first since Irene had schedules to attend to later in the day. A heavy sigh escaped her lips which didn’t go unnoticed.

The older girl immediately leaves her current task and placed her arms around Seulgi’s waist.

Irene knows her girlfriend wants to stay. But somebody had to manage the maknaes together with Wendy. Knowing their maknaes, they love Seulgi too much to misbehave.

It’s a blessing really.

The taller girl straightens herself up and turns to give Irene a light kiss on the forehead.

“It’s going to be fine.  I’ll be there just as fast… You won’t even notice I’m gone…”

Seulgi shakes her head before placing a light kiss on Irene’s lips. The couple closed their eyes and slowly opened them as they part.

Irene sees the worry in Seulgi’s eyes and her hand automatically caresses her cheek.

“Love…”

“It’s just… The schedule is too tight… The flight is too long… You would barely have enough sleep…”

Irene smiles and presses her lips against Seulgi’s once more.

“It’s okay. I have this bunch of misfits that give me energy. I have these fans who give nothing but love. To top it off, I have this girlfriend who would make me feel all better when I see her.”

Seulgi smiles and then buries her head on Irene’s shoulder. In return, the smaller girl wraps her arms pulling her closer.

“I love you…” Irene mumbles and turns to kiss Seulgi’s cheek.

Seulgi was about to reply when Joy came knocking.

“Unnies, it’s time!”

Seulgi relents but Irene gives her one final kiss before cupping her cheek.

“Wait for me…?” She asks and her bear merely forces a smile.

“Seulgi… We have to get used to this… You know…”

The taller girl nods and they begin to pack again. Once done, Irene helps the members get inside the van.

She feels her girlfriend’s stare but decides not to say a word. With a quick peck on Seulgi’s lips, Irene says goodbye and prepares herself for her schedule.

“Are you alright Irene-ssi?”

“I am fine Unnie. I… I miss Seulgi rather too quickly these days.”

The manager smiles as she takes Irene things in her hand.

“It would only be a few hours. You can always message her if need be.”

Irene nods and goes on her way to work.

 

@@@@@@@

 

Seulgi presses her temple as they arrive at the airport. Her thoughts were filled with Irene but all she could do was sigh.

“If I had a dime every time you sighed…” Wendy hits her shoulder lightly to gain her attention.

She turns and finds the other girls looking worriedly at her as well.

“I’m sorry guys. I’m the eldest and I should be taking care of you.”

“We understand Unnie… It’s the first time you will be this far away from each other.” Yeri kisses Seulgi’s cheek and sits back.

Coming out of the van, Seulgi tried to smile knowing the cameras were around. A quick walk to the immigration officer, the bear finally feels weight on her chest. She wears her sunglasses and tries hard to smile once more.

Wendy catches up to her and her friend flashes her million watt smile.

“You know… You could pretend that I’m Irene Unnie for awhile and shower me cuteness. I don’t mind. Though, I draw the line with the kissing because I don’t want to die young.” Wendy smiles as she slides her eyeglasses slowly below her nose.

Her mischievous eyes staring straight back at Seulgi and the latter could only smile.

“Thank you…”

“I’ll always be here for you Seulgi. Don’t forget that.”

 

@@@@@@@

 

Irene checks her phone and sees that the flight was already on the way. She sighs and then forces a smile as the dinner in front of her was served.

She knows she has to smile. This is even if her heart is longing for someone who’s probably miles away by now. She knows Seulgi would be upset if she doesn’t do well.

“Congratulations on your first year anniversary.”

Irene bows with the greeting and takes her phone out as the rest of the staff began to eat.

She sees Seulgi’s airport pictures and sighs how beautiful her girlfriend was.

She sees the grin Wendy gave her girlfriend and frowns.

It should have been me.

“Okay guys let’s take more pictures!”

She hated the poses but she smiled ever so elegantly despite the fact.

“Did they take an earlier flight?” Bogum asks as they pose some more.

“Yes. Seulgi wanted to stay, but we can’t have Seungwan manage the two young ones alone. She may know the language of the country, but Yerim and Sooyoung are definitely a handful when excited.”

“How are you two?”

“We’re more than fine. It’s just, when we’re this far apart, it hurts a bit.”

“If it makes you feel any better, from what I have seen online, she’s definitely missing you too. Seungwan-ssi is handling the fort for you though.”

“With that I’m really glad…”

“More pictures Bogum-ssi, Irene ssi!” The staff announces and the two MCs try their best to look lively.

“It’s only a few hours Irene-ssi. You’ll get through this.”

 

@@@@@@@

 

Seulgi scrolls all over twitter and couldn’t help but frown.

Comments ranging from:

How cute BoRene are!

They should do WGM together!

The Republic of Korea ships BoRene!

Really, how could Kang Seulgi not feel bad?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter