Gravity

Seulrene Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Inspired because of Jessica Jung's cover of Gravity.

Do you remember when you first fell in love?

It was a question on Seulgi’s mind as she stared at the fields of Daegu. She remembered the first time she ran through the rice fields and falling with a smile on her face. She remembers the Unnie who held out her hand and helped her up, only to fall on Seulgi instead.

When those beautiful round eyes met hers, the city girl knew she would rather stay than leave for Seoul.

She remembers feeling a shiver in her arms; a slight hitch on her breath when those lips moved.

She remembers the feeling all too well.

Lights flickered from where she stood as she found it hard to celebrate.

She turns away from the view and now eyes the festivities up above.

Her lips form a smile but the saddest one she’s ever had. Heart constricting inside of her, Seulgi forced herself not to shed anymore tears.

Not today

Never today

She sees Wendy catch up to her, eyes knowingly filled with worry. As she took her hand, a small smile appeared on her best friend’s lips, genuine and real. But even the brightest of Wendy’s smiles could not give her comfort.

Not today

Never today

“I knew I’d find you here. I find it hard to believe you’re going to miss your best friend’s wedding.”

She forces a smile and stays silent. Her eyes travelled from Wendy’s then to the festivities above. She sees her in a distance, heart breaking once more.

“You could have given her a few minutes Seulgi. You could have given me the hours.”

“I wanted you both to stop relying on me. I wanted to stop relying on you.”

“Seulgi…”

Seulgi tears her eyes from Irene and now looks straight into Wendy’s. Sometimes she wished she could return the feeling. Sometimes she wished she knew how.

For Wendy’s love was so great, she waited patiently for Seulgi. But love is something Seulgi could not give to Wendy. For the love in Seulgi’s heart belonged to one Irene Bae.

She tugs the smaller woman towards her, lips lingering on Wendy’s temple.

“I love you and I wish you all the happiness in the world.”

“I wish you would say those words in a different context.” Wendy replies eyes closing as she feels Seulgi’s lips move to her cheek.

“I wish I could but I cannot. Don’t let Sehun hurt her Wendy. Make sure he makes her happy.”

Wendy moves out of the embrace and stares back at Seulgi’s pained eyes.

“Does moving away solve anything? She doesn’t even know.”

“It doesn’t matter Wendy. What matters is she will have a family…”

@@@@@@@

For the next five years Seulgi tried to cope with her loss by travelling and with work. Seulgi was an artist and the world was given her gift of song. She met a lot of people.

Interesting

Beautiful

Amazing

Most had their hearts stolen by the shy singer from Seoul.

But to a true Kang Seulgi fan, something was missing with her smile.

You can see emptiness in her eyes.

You can hear it in her voice.

You can feel it in her songs.

These traits drove her to popularity. People identified themselves to her and her songs. People felt they were Seulgi all in all.

She could have had anything she wanted.

She could have had anyone she liked.

But Kang Seulgi comes home to an empty luxury hotel room every single night.

There were moments she thought perhaps it was better if she stayed in Korea. Perhaps then she would not be plagued by such thoughts in the stillness of the night.

Thoughts of Irene Bae

When those thoughts greet her mind, she thinks she did make the right choice. It was for the best after all. Not until he showed up one night at her doorstep.

@@@@@@@

Imagine her surprise when she finds him nervously tugging his turtleneck.

Imagine her surprise when she found out why he had to find her.

Divorce

Sehun and Irene had finalized their divorce and he wanted to apologize to Seulgi for the failed marriage. She was, is, Irene’s best friend. He didn’t want Seulgi to think he did not make good on his promise to her before their wedding day.

“Why?” It was all the she could ask with anger laced around her voice.

“She wanted it Seulgi. She said it was unfair. She was already cheating Seulgi.”

Irene

Cheating

The words made her weak on the knees. Sehun was kind and he would have never hurt Irene in anyway. He even personally met with Seulgi to promise he would always stay faithful to her best friend. That he would always treat Seulgi as family if she comes back from her tour.

He was one of the few good people in town.

Why would Irene go astray?

“I couldn’t make her love me Seulgi.”

“What do you mean?”

“I tried. I tried so hard but she wouldn’t even let me hold her after the wedding. She wouldn’t let me hug her. Touch her. Kiss her.”

“I don’t understand. You have Yeri.”

“IVF”

Seulgi feels the veins on her head burn.

It was all too much.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter