Her Gift

Seulrene Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If you define love as having this extreme feeling inside that no one could ever stop, she would tell you she was in love. The mere sight of the person makes her heart stop and beat all at the same time. If she lingered her gaze a little, her breath shortens. She felt butterflies in her stomach and always threatened to come out.  If she looked her way, she panics. All in all, her life was crazy because of the younger girl.

But Irene Bae wouldn’t have it any other way.

Her eyes fell on the girl who was busy preparing with the principal on stage. She was a freshman. But she was going to be next Council President. She was intelligent, kind, talented and beautiful. Even after a year she was still falling in love with her each day that passed by.

She was the one who will probably hold Irene’s heart for a very long time.

Irene stood silently with her peers as they practiced their graduation rites. Honestly, she would rather not be bothered about these practices today. Because today was probably the last time she would see her or be this close to her. The thought made Irene’s heart ache. She would not be able to see the gorgeous smile in the morning, or those lips move as she spoke. This will be the last day she would be able to watch her. Once or twice she thought about approaching the girl to confess. But as many times she tried to gain the confidence, it was the same number of times she gave up. With a heavy heart Irene already knew, she already will lose her though she never really had the girl.

Kang Seulgi

First time she saw her, the girl was introduced during orientation. She was the daughter of the richest business man in Seoul. From Seoul, she transferred to Daegu for reasons kept unknown to everyone. She wore this white shirt and had a black blazer on top. Irene marveled at her fine build and flawless skin. Her face, angelic, and when Seulgi smiles, her handsome face could brighten up the room. She couldn’t really say it but, Irene Bae fell in love with Kang Seulgi that day. With her blonde hair, she stood out from the crowd. When her lips moved Irene’s world slowed down. But then, Irene noticed something about the girl.

Seulgi always had a far look on her face. It wasn’t a blank look. It was as if Seulgi was searching for something…

Someone…

Of course, Irene would never know why. No one could ever really strike a personal conversation with the girl. It would be a mere yes or no discussion. Most of the time, Seulgi would decline any request for feedback or comment.

And when Irene was the one asking the questions, Seulgi would stare a while before answering. It was as if anything she said bored the girl. Somehow it broke Irene’s heart.

She felt as though she was not interesting enough for the apple of her eye.

So as the rest swooned over the young girl, Irene tried to be professional, a good Unnie, and treated Seulgi the same way she would treat the other students. Most were mortified of her actions. She believed she became a little unpopular in school because of that.

But then something happened.

Irene was in the council room alone, early before a meeting when Seulgi stepped in. Irene smiled at her but it seemed to have surprised the younger girl with her expression. Per usual, Irene shrugged it off and went back to reading the budget proposals.

“Unnie…” The way the younger girl delivered it produced shivers to her spine.  She looked up the girl and saw Seulgi slightly fidgeting with as she held something behind her back.

“Ne, Seulgi-ssi…” She slightly cocked her head to the right trying to see what was on the girl’s back.

Was it a piece of cardboard, a slightly big folder?

“Could you please see if this works for you?” Seulgi showed her drawing pad.

Irene eyes widened as she saw herself penciled in the pad. If she remembered it right it was the day of Seulgi’s orientation. The sketch was Irene delivering her speech.

Did Seulgi watch her then?

“I’m sorry if it’s bad…” The young girl dropped her head low, apologizing for her probable intrusion.

“It’s perfect Seulgi-ssi. I was just surprised. I didn’t know you draw that well.”

“It’s a hobby… Um… Would Unnie like to have it?”

“Are you sure? I mean, you might want to keep it for your future gallery. At least I could share the same fame too.” Irene joked making Seulgi smile.

Ohh… Her heart just dropped with her smile.

“Ne. When I made it, I promised myself I will give it to Unnie.”

Irene melted and took the drawing. It had Seulgi’s sign, a cute bear with her name.

Irene could never take note of all the little things she had with Seulgi after that. Those little things were glances. There were sometimes smiles exchanged since they someho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter