it's actually happening

Pizza and Other Cheesy Things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo waited for a reply from the other end. His heart was still pounding in his chest, and the phone felt like it would slip away from his hand at any given moment as he held it against his ear. He tried to ignore the eager faces of the people around him, which included Hansol practically biting into his fist to prevent himself from commenting too much on what was happening around him. There was also Wonwoo, who seemed to have a permanently smug look on his face. He still didn't know the deal between him and Mingyu.

"Jisoo?"

He breathed out a sigh of relief, unaware that he was actually holding his breath, because for a moment he had wondered if maybe Junghan had disappeared all of a sudden. 

However.

"You know my name?"

Wonwoo laughed loudly at that, while Hansol silently reacted by pretending to freak out; or maybe he really was freaking out. He seemed way too excited about everything and Seokmin had to hold him back in place. Jisoo could hear another voice on the phone go 'way to go, Junghan' and he tried to keep himself from smiling, but failed in the end, allowing a small smile to grace his face. 

"Aw, look, he's smiling," Mingyu cooed softly, which led Seungcheol to motion for him to keep quiet.

"Sorry," came the voice from the other line, followed by another soft 'ow!' in the background. "I heard it from your friends, I didn't really mean to, it was when I was walking away and I just... heard it..." There was a slight pause, in which Jisoo wasn't sure if he was supposed to speak again but then Junghan continued. "So yeah. Hi. Date?"

Jisoo's face heated up immediately as he heard the last word. Was he really agreeing to this? 

"Yes," he found himself saying. "I would like that." 

It began to dawn on him that this was actually happening, he's talking to somebody and making plans for a date, and panic began to seep in as Jisoo worried over if he would end up saying the wrong things, or make some other form of mistake that would end up with things going wrong. He fidgeted in his seat and swallowed dryly as he waited for Junghan's response.

"Wonderful!" The other boy chirped, his voice slightly going higher. The tone of excitement almost washed away most of Jisoo's nervousness, but just almost. "Absolutely great. Do I text you? I mean, not like I have your number, but... well, not yet. Unless that was the number Pledis Pizza has but-- not that I saved that one I just meant--" 

Jisoo listened on, the small smile from earlier growing wider, and all traces of worry suddenly disappearing. He let out a small laugh, his free hand coming to his face to cover his mouth. The other guys raised their eyebrows at him in surprise, and he smiled slyly at them, peaking their interest. Jisoo mused to himself tht was nice to know that Junghan, despite coming off as a cool and collected guy at first, could also blunder up like a normal human. Specifically, like Jisoo, because he was though he was the only one who got really shy in their current situation. 

"Really smooth," the voice in the background said again while a slightly muffled 'keep quiet, Junhui' came from Junghan, probably farther from the phone. 

"What I meant to say," Junghan finally continued, back to being beside the phone as he cleared his throat. "Is can I have your number?" 

"Sure," Jisoo shyly replied. "I'll text this number later." 

Hansol nodded in reaction to that, mouthing the word 'niceeee' and sharing a high-five with Seungcheol. Seokmin was pretending to wipe a tear away, muttering something like 'our Jisoo is all grown up' while Mingyu hit his shoulder. Minghao continued to stare at Jisoo with wide, curious eyes. 

"That will be awesome," came Junghan's reply. "I'll look forward to it. I can't wait. I'm really excited. This is so unreal. I should really stop talking now."

Jisoo chuckled, "I think so, Junghan."

Wonwoo snickered at that, and leaned closer to the phone to speak, "he's gonna die because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter