phone calls are nice

Pizza and Other Cheesy Things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yeah."

Junhui stared wide-eyed at Junghan, who kept up his wide grin all the way from Pledis Pizza back to their dorm, and into their shared room, immediately making the Chinese boy curious- sure, Junghan normally had a cheerful disposition, but his current look with the wide grin and dazed eyes was a new sight. He should have known it would have something to do with the customer from last night.

"You're serious? You met him?" 

Junghan sighed and slowly repeated, "yes, Junhui, I met the customer from last night. He's... well, he's alright." Another smile began to grow on his face as he recalled Jisoo and his shy boy reactions, specifically how easily he blushed and turned nervous. He had expected a timid sort of fellow, but Jisoo exceeded expectations. 

Junhui scoffed, "alright? You sound infatuated already. How easy can you get?" 

"I'm not infatuated," Junghan shot back. "I'm not easy either, what have I actually done? I just..." He paused, and a sneaky grin appeared on his face. "I guess you can say I developed a crust on him." 

He dodged the pillow Junhui threw his way.

"What did you call me back for anyway?" Junghan asked as he picked the fallen pillow up and settled down on his bed. "You sounded distressed." 

"Oh," Junhui nodded. "Right. I forgot I have homework due this afternoon because Mr. Park is terrible and a holiday means nothing to that man. I need your help." 

Junghan rolled his eyes, "that's it? You couldn't have called Jihoon or Chan?" 

"Chan hasn't even learned this yet, and I did call Jihoon," Junhui pouted. "He hung up on me because I woke him up." 

"Fine," Junghan finally said, deciding that his thoughts needed a break from Jisoo, and that he really didn't need to see Junhui pouting. "Let's get started on that." 

 

 

 

Junghan never should have agreed to this. 

"Just two pages left!" Junhui happily announced. 

"You only need three pages."

"Oh, right..."

Junghan would have definitely preferred having his own thoughts invaded by Jisoo rather than have to spend an entire hour slowly trying to help Junhui translated his assignment. He should have slept again too. The other boy would try his best to properly describe his idea, which Junghan then had to find a way to say in proper Korean. It wouldn't have been that hard, if it wasn't for the fact that Junhui would sometimes slip into Chinese, and that his way of thinking was too 4D for Junghan to really grasp. Plus it was about Korean history- even Junghan knew none of that. 

"I never should have agreed to this," Junghan voiced out his thoughts as he sat beside Junhui on the living room sofa, laptop between them. 

"But you always do," Junhui replied back sweetly. "That's why you're Angel Junghan, right?" 

"That's because of my birthday." 

"It suits you." 

"I wish you were normally this nice," Junghan exaggerated a sigh. 

Junhui's comeback was interrupted by the loud ringing of Junghan's phone- it was that familiar ringtone again, which meant Wonwoo, which immediately linked to Pledis Pizza, and then finally: Jisoo, because the last time Junghan spoke to Wonwoo, the latter had mentioned going up to the table. The phone was on his ear in a flash. 

"Put it on speaker!" Junhui complained, tugging at his sleeve, and Junghan decided to just go ahead and agree, balancing the phone on the laptop. 

"Wonwoo!" Junghan greeted happily, earlier's fatigue gone. 

"I should be your favourite person on the planet right now." 

"That depends," Junghan mused.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter