the date

Pizza and Other Cheesy Things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junghan enjoyed teasing Jisoo too much. It wasn't that hard to do for some reason- the latter blushed pretty easily anyway, and that was exactly what he did after Junghan lightly about being late for their date. He had spotted the other boy standing alone, in the light drizzle of the rain, looking like he was trying to figure something out. Luckily, Junghan had brought his umbrella along with him, thanks to Junhui's motherly nagging. 

"Make sure to bring your umbrella," Junhui had said, pushing the handheld umbrella towards him. "It might rain, we'll never know. Have enough money or they can always take it from your salary. Don't make a mess."

"Yeah, don't get your clothes wet, I didn't spend an hour deciding your outfit for nothing."

Jihoon had arrived in their dorm after Junhui had frantically called him since Junghan originally planned to wear something really bad (according to the Chinese boy, anyway, personally Junghan was fine with it) and he desperately needed help. It was also then that Jihoon was filled in about the previous day's happenings, and about why Junghan needed to be dressed up at all. He had reacted differently from the rest as he listened to the story with raised eyebrows and a skeptical expression.

"All this effort for a boy you just met," Jihoon said lightly when he was picking out the clothes. "Isn't this a bit too much, Junghan?"

Junghan had shrugged. He didn't really think it was too much- he already knew he liked Jisoo, anyway, so what he does shouldn't really matter by this point as long as things go well. So if he had to make an effort to get Jisoo to like him back- assuming the shy guy doesn't yet, of course- then why not? Junghan was all up for it anyway. He spent some time debating with the other guys whether he should keep his long, silky hair down, or proceed to tie it up. They both agreed to having it tied up, in the loose fashion he usually does, since that was the look Jisoo was used to as well.

"Plus your hair might get on the food," Junhui added. 

Junhui continued to fuss until he was about to leave. Junghan decided not to remind the other boy about what he said, regarding being there when Junghan's date was going on as well. He hoped Junhui forgot it for the rest of the night. Meanwhile Jihoon had offered some words of luck and watched him leave with a mischievous glint in his eyes, that left Junghan slightly worried but he decided to brush it off. 

So yeah. He figured he had to thank Junhui for the umbrella advice, otherwise he wouldn't have seen Jisoo's adorable shocked expression when Junghan showed up behind him. 

"J-J-junghan!" Jisoo blurted out in surprise. 

Junghan's smile widened immediately, "unless you were planning on being late. Or were you waiting for me here?"

"I wasn't-- I mean, it's not like that--" Jisoo started to say, before he blushed and looked down. "The rain just caught me off-guard, I wasn't sure if I should run or... yeah..." 

"I'm glad I walked my way over then," Junghan said amiably, laughing when Jisoo nodded his head quickly, kind of like a little kid. 

"Yeah, thank you." 

"Let's get going then," Junghan adjusted his grip on the umbrella and beamed at Jisoo. "You should stick closer to me so you won't get rained on in the slightest." 

"Closer... okay..." Jisoo said softly, probably more to himself but Junghan heard it anyway. He tried to hold back his laugh when Jisoo shifted towards him, but just by a bit, their bodies still barely touching. They both began their walk towards Pledis Pizza.

Junghan had to resist the urge to constantly stare at the boy beside him instead of the road before him. Jisoo looked good- maybe even better than before but he couldn't tell why exactly. They were dressed similarly in a shirt and jeans, except Jihoon wanted him to throw a polo shirt over his shirt as well, keeping it open for extra flair. Jisoo looked like he fixed his hair a bit too, maybe a bit of wax to give it an edge. Regardless, Junghan would enjoy staring at the other boy for the night. 

In the silence they spent walking over to Pledis Pizza, Junghan tried to remember who had shifts for the night. Seunggwan started earlier on Saturdays, but Junhui wasn't due till 12AM, just like him. He really hoped the Chinese boy wouldn't just show up, he really really did. Wonwoo shouldn't be around till 10PM, and their dinner might be done by then. It seemed good enough. The other workers in Pledis Pizza were all much younger than he was so they should be pretty nice as well. 

"Hey guys," Junghan greeted when they entered the store, Jisoo following beside him. 

Seunggwan grinned teasingly from behind the counter. He knew all about Jisoo already since the other boys already filled him in during last night's shift. He had reacted like he was suddenly their biggest fan, constantly gushing about how cute the story was turning out so far. He absolutely lost it when Wonwoo brought up their supposed date and how he was going to witness everything. Which was why Junghan knew Seunggwan was acting very well when he spoke. 

"Are you starting early today?" 

Junghan shook his head, tempted to laugh at how natural Seunggwan looked, "nah. I'm a customer today. This is Jisoo by the way." He gestured

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter