heart of bacon

Pizza and Other Cheesy Things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hong Jisoo could be considered a sweet boy if you ask his parents. He would definitely be a nice guy if you ask the people around him. Other than that, he was also on the diligent side of things. University life has began to take its toll on the 19 year old, especially since he was nearing the end of his year's first semester. That always meant an onslaught of exams, reports, and lots and lots of papers; all of which went hand in hand with coffee, and late night snacking. 

That night, even his dorm mate Hansol was staying up late for his final paper. There were empty cans of soda all around the younger boy, since he wasn't a fan of coffee. A bag of chips was on the floor, long empty of its contents since it was shared by the two as they sat side by side at the dining table their dorm had. They started close to 8PM, some time after dinner. It was currently almost 1AM. 

Jisoo was typing away at his laptop, eyes focused on the screen. He would shift from window to window, tab to tab, reading on information before he would begin to type again. University life was a tedious life. It required a lot of time, effort, and well... money.

"Let's order pizza," Hansol suggested as he stopped typing. He stretched his arms out and gave a relieved sound afterwards. "I need more energy to work on this. Plus, I dunno about you, but I am starving. There's this 24/7 store called Pledis Pizza that Mingyu was talking about." 

"Are we sharing the bill?" Jisoo asked calmly, still keeping his eyes on the screen and his fingers on the keyboard. 

Hansol shrugged, "sure, man. We're sharing the pizza anyway." 

He got up from his seat and stretched some more, moving his body side to side to get rid of the soreness he got from sitting for so long. Hansol disappeared into his room for a moment, before coming out with his phone in his hand. He returned to his original seat and put the phone on loud speaker. 

As it was ringing, Hansol lightly poked Jisoo's shoulder, making the latter stop typing.

"You order please. I'll take anything." 

Jisoo only had to look away from the laptop screen for a second, and already his eyes felt the fatigue of staring at it for five hours straight. The piles of papers had been torture even for the hardworking boy. He glanced at the phone to see if it had connected to the pizza place yet. He wasn't even sure what to order at Pledis Pizza but figured every pizza place had more or less the same menu anyway. Cheese and bacon seemed good. 

He yawned just as the ringing stopped, and a male's voice came from the other line.

"Hello, thanks for calling Pledis Pizza! It's 1:30AM and I'm guessing you're a university student. What's your order?" 

It took a moment for Jisoo to process what was being said to him. He did have time to wonder why the voice on the other line sounded so cheerful tnough. He was right on both counts: it was 1:30AM and Jisoo was a university student. A really dazed university student. 

"Yeah, uhm, do you guys serve cheese and bacon pizza?" 

"Sir, have you ever been here before?" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter