Of Tall Guys and Kisses

You’re My Cupcake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No, it never happened.

 

Baekhyun refuses to believe it actually realistically transpired.

 

It’s such an extremely ludicrous thought that he—the short adolescent with casual brunette locks and adorably heart-fluttering smile—had, much to his disbelief, connected lips with Park Chanyeol. Baekhyun has a tiny feeling that it was all a dream and that he was just peacefully floating through the soft clouds of the sky and somehow had a brief rendezvous with the said giant with the distinct elfy ears. Brief rendezvous is a succinct and accurate description—albeit forgetting the millions of sweet kisses here and there—but nevertheless, Baekhyun is still in sheer denial.

 

Park Chanyeol, tall guy—Baekhyun prefers to address him as gigantic—with an utterly handsome face, charming smile in which he displays the richness of all his teeth, and an optimism that nobody else can obtain. He lives directly below Baekhyun’s apartment, therefore they frequently meet each other when Baekhyun needs to use the bathroom or prepare food for himself and his indolent roommate who also happens to be his best friend because the kitchen and bathroom were both situated downstairs.

 

Baekhyun definitely doesn’t possess a strong attraction towards Chanyeol, he likes to emphasize that when people do question if he and Chanyeol are in a relationship, but really that could easily be considered a corpulent lie. Baekhyun and Chanyeol are most definitely not friends, yet at the same time they sort of are, it’s what you call an on and off friendship. Both have a very complicated bond and what’s even more frustrating is that they won’t admit that they do.

 

They won’t admit that they obviously like each other too; but that’s another story.

 

“No, I have never done that,” Baekhyun shakes his head in disapproval profusely, almost rendering himself dizzy. “I have never kissed that stupid giant and he’s never kissed me.”

 

Baekhyun was seating himself comfortably on the top step of the flight of stairs, encountering difficulties as he attempts to relinquish the thoughts of him and Chanyeol kissing in Chanyeol’s apartment on top of Chanyeol’s rather comfortable mattress. As his brain replays the memory of him being in Chanyeol’s room, his body shivers and he then receives the sudden urge to smack his head on the chartreuse-colored wall he’s currently leaning on.

 

Kissing Chanyeol wasn’t such a bad thing; Baekhyun could blatantly tell the guy was experienced which sends a small inexplicable emotion inside him that didn’t make him feel so delighted. Baekhyun wouldn’t deem Chanyeol as his arch nemesis because they are capable of tolerating each other most of the time regardless of the occasional arguments they have. The pair are very much similar with their personalities, so effervescent and carefree, which clearly explains why they get along with each other so well. They’re not thoroughly alike though considering how in some ways, they have their differences such as the fact that Baekhyun is the more sassy type while Chanyeol tends to be more compliant and goes along with the flow.

 

The two surprisingly hadn’t known each other for that long. The very first time they met each other, it was repleted with utmost embarrassment. After the incident though, there had seemed to be a dramatic realization that both of them had finally laid eyes on the person they’ve been longing to see. It was somewhat like a typical Korean drama, a very peculiar one that is.

 

Baekhyun had just moved in to the apartment by himself because his best friend wanted to stay for a month at his parents’ house before he could decide that he wanted to be independent. It had been a week already since his arrival and he was still in the verge of making acquaintances but none of his neighbors were hospitable or close to his age for that matter. He had went by the apartment right below him but there didn’t seem to be a presence of a person ever since he had moved in—there were belongings in the kitchen and in the bathroom though—so he assumed that the inhabitant was off into a vacation.

 

It was strange, however. Normally, doors won’t have signs or warnings that says: ‘If You’re Not Chanyeol, Do Not Enter’ occupying the front. Baekhyun was clueless as to who this Chanyeol character was and why such sign was chosen to be hanged in front of his entrance, but he quickly realizes it wasn’t his own business. Making observations around the entire four-storied building was strenuous and Baekhyun really needed to urinate. When he sprinted back up to the third floor where the bathroom was located, the apartment there was now luminescent with the radiant fluorescent light illuminating the surroundings and Baekhyun was stunned.

 

He involuntarily nodded his head when the idea of the occupant returning appears inside his mind. When he reached for the doorknob, it would not open. As a result, he kept smacking the metal but it hadn’t done him no justice. It was his brain’s brilliant idea to begin several feet away and eventually end up breaking down the door for the sole reason of his bladder’s desperation. And so, he obeyed his brain but unfortunately, amidst his running towards the mahogany door, it was then pulled open and poor little Baekhyun was sent flying inside the bathroom and to the hard, tiled wall then to his unlucky posterior coming face to face (or rather face-to-) with the toilet bowl. Baekhyun was in agony at his hapless self and seemingly asinine brain then a minute later, managed to leisurely trail his eyes from the sneakers of the male towering over him and up to his flawless countenance with such attractive dark hair.

 

“Are you okay?” Those were the first words the mysterious individual standing in front of him uttered and he wouldn’t be saying the truth if he doesn’t find the latter’s deep voice pleasurable in his ears.

 

Baekhyun hates it, hates the truth that his lips really touched Chanyeol’s lips for real.

 

“His lips were so sweet like tiny red cherries and were as soft as a marshmallow, I just wanna—no! Baekhyun, refrain yourself! That was so humiliating.” Baekhyun busily argues with himself, stuck between confessing that perhaps, he really did admire the feeling of the giant elf’s lips on his own but on the other hand, he’s unconvinced that Chanyeol had kissed him deliberately mostly because he was drunk.

 

It’s true; last night, Chanyeol went to go on a Friday night party with all his friends and he even was considerate enough to invite Baekhyun to come to the party with him but because of the terrible circumstances he has dealt with at parties before, he’s not very interested or fond of being involved in such events anymore. Consequently, Chanyeol ended up going by himself and when he returned a couple of hours ago and clearly had a couple of drinks, Baekhyun regrettably wished he had came just to prevent Chanyeol from activities that are absolutely deleterious to his health.

 

Few hours ago before the kiss occurred, Baekhyun was oblivious that Chanyeol had arrived back from the celebration already. It wasn’t until he received incessant text messages from Chanyeol that took him a long time to decipher and ended up capitulating since none of the words make any sense and constant calls with Chanyeol mumbling incoherent words that the notion of Chanyeol being drunk was possible. He visited the said male’s apartment to check up on him and somewhere between Baekhyun’s reprimands and Chanyeol’s amusing whines, the shorter was immediately pulled down on the bed and was then attacked by millions of gentle kisses on his lips. The taller’s face was then greeted with a pillow that had been aggressively thrown right at his direction and Baekhyun running back up the stairs with the appearance of a tomato.

 

The next day, Baekhyun would’ve expected himself to have already forgotten the unforeseen circumstance that had happened yesterday night yet somehow, the opposite is happening. The more he wants to forget it, the more he thinks about it. Chanyeol’s sweet pair of lips that had the taste of fresh chocolate cake lingering on it, his rather alluring low-pitched voice, and just Park Chanyeol’s existence. He despises every single quality Chanyeol holds but he loves it and him and essentially everything about him.

 

“Hey Baek, I was wondering if—”

 

“I didn’t kiss him!” Baekhyun jolts awake from his serene dreamland and exclaims rather loudly as a retaliation to his best friend’s incomplete statement. He was still sitting on the top step of the stairs and he figures that due to pondering too much about what had precisely happened between him and Chanyeol, the thought of entering back his apartment to sleep never did came across his mind. He releases a silent sigh, eyes busily blinking.

 

“Kissed who? I was just going to ask why you didn’t come inside all night to sleep.” His best friend ever since they were in their mother’s womb who goes by the name of Do Kyungsoo raises a bewildered eyebrow, skeptical as to why Baekhyun was behaving strangely.

 

“Haha, um..” Baekhyun tried to let out a casual laugh but it only made his nervousness more perceptible sadly. “I didn’t kiss anyone; hah, what are you talking about? Going crazy now, aren’t we Soo?”

 

“Baekhyun, you’re hiding something. I can feel it. I know you better than anyone; you have a concealed secret, don’t you?” Baekhyun doesn’t appreciate Kyungsoo’s perspicacity or his intelligence, he really isn’t fond of it. No matter how many times he had tenaciously made an attempt to persuading Kyungsoo he should take a break from always reading books, Baekhyun tends to always successfully fail. Kyungsoo is just too smart for all his strategies.

 

“I’m not hiding anything. I’m always like this; happy-go-lucky Baekhyun, haha yay!” For some odd reason, Baekhyun feels like he’s just helping Kyungsoo’s suspicions to develop more. He’s not completely accustomed to lying especially when it has to do with Chanyeol and kissing Chanyeol.

 

Kyungsoo sends the older a combination of an inquisitive and a dubious stare, examining one last time what exactly was Baekhyun’s issue. Baekhyun, on the other hand, was slightly creeped out because he’s used to it—Kyungsoo’s eyes had always been so overwhelmingly huge and perfectly round that people before thought he was some supernatural guy with superpowers. Yes, people could be that gullible.

 

“Anyways, so your friend Chanyeol came up here an hour ago and—”

 

“What, what did he say?! I swear, oh gosh, I’m going to kick him so bad if he said something—I’m not going to forgive him at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter