80.

Three Halves to Make Me Whole

(( Hello all ^^ How are you doing? I haven't been talking much in these lately. I've been doing better, so we should start updating more regularly. Thank you all so much for being patient ^^ We appreciate it a ton ))


“Are you sure that you’re fine sleeping on the couch? Ddalgi doesn’t bother you while you sleep?” Jongin asked, watching the blond shuffle around the blankets that he got out for the younger the night before, folding them and setting them over the arm of the couch so it could be used. He received a small shrug in response, pulling a frown across his lips and he reached out, pulling on Sehun’s arm. “Really, if the couch in uncomfortable, I’m sure that Kyungsoo-Hyung would let me stay at your apartment with you.”

“That’s not my apartment, that’s just an empty space. I’m really thankful that you two letting me stay here.” The softness to his tone stabbed at Jongin’s heart and his shoulders drooped as he let out a deep breath. He turned the other around, pulling him against his chest, feeling the knot in his stomach ease ever so slightly when Sehun actually hugged him back. “I heard Kyungsoo-Hyung mention that someone was coming over today.”

“It’s just Chanyeol-Hyung, it’s really not a big deal. He’s… Kyungsoo’s best man, so they’re going to go out together for a while,” Jongin explained,

“When do we go out for that stuff?” 

“Stuff?”

“Wedding stuff. I’m your best man, so…” Jongin swallowed hard, pulling Sehun to sit with him on the couch.

“You know I don’t expect you to do any of that, not with… with what’s happened.”

“I don’t want to let you down. This is about you and Kyungsoo-Hyung, and I want to do this for you. We’re platonic soulmates after all.”

“Yeah, and because of that I can feel the affect this is having on you. What kind of a soulmate would I be if I willingly dragged you out while being able to feel the pain you’re feeling,” Jongin argued, Sehun slumping over to rest his head on Jongin’s shoulder.

“I don’t think I really feel much of anything.” Jongin wrapped an arm around him, hugging him close to his side.

“He’ll come back, like Yifan-Hyung did.” When the blond offered no response Jongin bit back a sigh. LuHan-Hyung I hope you know what you’re doing, he thought, startled by the knock at the front door. Before he could open his mouth to say he should go get it, Kyungsoo opened the door to their bedroom and made his way to the door. The dark haired male entered, giving a wave to the duo on the couch before turning his attention to Kyungsoo.

“Ready?”

“To spend the day with you? No,” Kyungsoo replied shortly, turning and walking into the kitchen. Chanyeol’s lips quirked up in a half smile before his attention fell on Jongin and Sehun again, and he started to pad his way over to them when Kyungsoo called him back. He had a travel mug and was slipping on his shoes.

“Have fun,” Kyungsoo said, giving Jongin a chaste kiss before following Chanyeol out of the apartment.

“You don’t need to try and keep people away from me, you know.” Jongin’s attention flashed back to Sehun. “I’m not going to pretend that everything’s fine, but I can still function and be social!” The blond snapped, causing Jongin to bite at the inside of his lip.

“I’m not trying to isolate you, I promise. I just don’t want to make you go out for a bunch of wedding or couple stuff, and we both know how hard of a time Chanyeol-Hyung has going for more than five minutes without talking about Baekhyun-Hyung,” Jongin stated, doing his best to make it sound playful.

“I can handle the wedding stuff, Jongin.”

“If you say so,” the dark haired male sighed.

“I do say so. I can handle you and Kyungsoo-Hyung snuggling on the couch if we all watch a movie. I can handle watching Baekhyun-Hyung and Chanyeol-Hyung acting like they’ve been married for years, I can handle all of that crap,” Sehun continued, tears pricking his eyes as he took in a breath. “What I can’t handle is knowing that LuHan-Hyung just up and left without so much as telling me why. Without any warning he was just gone and I’m left here wondering what I did to make him leave.” The crack in his voice had Jongin pulling him in for another hug.

 

“What’s this?” Sehun asked, looking at the book that Chanyeol had placed in his hands.

“A journal.”

“Okay, new question; why are you giving it to me?” Sehun asked, raising his eyebrow at the older, who offered a small shrug before a sympathetic smile.

“It got me through Baek being gone. I wrote down any feelings I had about it, any questions that I wanted to ask him about why he… left. He didn’t say much, and he wouldn’t even talk to Jongdae about it. I understand a little when it comes to not really knowing why someone left… A big difference is I watched Baek walk out the door, and even then I couldn’t stop him.”

 

Save the date, June 13th
Do-Kim Kyungsoo and Do-Kim Jongin

Baekhyun squinted at the card on top of the mail stack that Chanyeol had set on the dining room table, setting down his glass to pick it up.

“That was fast,” he said, Chanyeol looking over his shoulder as he opened the fridge, looking a little lost until the brunet waved the card as clarification, and Chanyeol offered a shrug, turning his attention back to digging around in the fridge.

“I guess they just didn’t want to be engaged for a long time. They know that they’re going to be together forever, so,” Chanyeol replied.

“Even so, don’t people get engaged and then wait more than three months before they’ve decided what day they’re getting married?”

“Baek, I don’t think there’s much of a rhyme or a reason for when people decide that they’ve been engaged long enough to take the next step,” Chanyeol laughed, pouring himself a glass of milk before placing the carton back and closing the fridge, turning to lean back against the counter so he could look at the older. “Besides, that date was thought out, and they don’t want to wait a whole year for it to come around again.”

“What’s so special about the middle of June?”

“It’s the anniversary of their first date.”

“Why do you know that?” Baekhyun demanded, Chanyeol rolling his eyes and taking a sip of his milk.

“For one, Kyungsoo’s one of my soulmates. And two, Jongin is a very close friend of mine,” he pointed out, the older turning back to his task of glaring at the card; until Chanyeol made his way over and plucked the lavender and blue card from Baekhyun’s hand, earning a frown along with a small huff. “Baek, what’s up? You’re acting weird,” the dark haired male pointed out an odd look flickering through Baekhyun’s eyes before he busied himself with his glass, standing from the table a moment later.

“Nothing’s up, you’re the weird one,” came the other’s response as he started to leave the kitchen, Chanyeol quick to wrap his arms around the older, catching him.

“You would tell me if there was something bothering you, right?” He asked, the twinge of pain to his tone making Baekhyun wince.

“Yeah, I would tell you if something was wrong.” Chanyeol held him tightly for a moment longer before letting the other leave the kitchen, letting out a small sigh as he sat in Baekhyun’s place at the table.


“Huh? Postponing?” Baekhyun looked up from his mobile, watching Chanyeol stand from the couch, eyebrows knitting together. “I know Sehun’s his platonic soul mate, but why does that-… Oh, right. I’m sorry you two have to postpone, I know how important that date is to the two of you. Yeah, I’ll let them know, don’t worry about it.” Chanyeol stared at his mobile for a long moment after the call ended, flinching a little when Baekhyun called out to him.

“What was that about?” The younger turned to him before shaking his head a little, dropping himself back onto the couch.

“Kyungsoo and Jongin’s wedding’s going to be postponed.”

“What?”

“With LuHan-Hyung gone, Sehun’s been having a hard time… Jongin decided to put the wedding on hold so that he can take care of Sehun right now,” Chanyeol explained, running a hand through his hair and huffing a sigh. When Baekhyun didn’t respond he turned his attention over to him, confused by the almost irritated look on the older’s face. “What?”

“Why are you so wrapped up in their wedding?” Baekhyun asked, Chanyeol hesitating as if he wasn’t sure that he had heard Baekhyun’s question correctly.

“Why do you seem so offended by their wedding and anything that has to do with it?” Chanyeol countered, Baekhyun’s irritated expression falling before he looked away, starting to leave the room when Chanyeol caught his wrist. “Baekhyun, what’s going on? Have I upset you by talking about this or is there something else that I’ve done?”

“It’s not what you have done, it’s what you haven’t,” Baekhyun shot back, Chanyeol’s hand falling from his wrist.

“What I ha-”

“Why haven’t you proposed to me yet?” Chanyeol’s voice cut out as he was interrupted, mind going blank and he stared up at the other.

“Come… come again?”

“Why haven’t you proposed to me? We got together almost two months before they did, so we should have been engaged before they were!” Baekhyun exclaimed, his arms dropping back to his sides as he stared at the blank expression on the younger’s face.

“You… want me to propose to you?” Chanyeol asked slowly, Baekhyun rolling his eyes.

“Duh,” replied, as if it was obvious. “We’ve been together long enough, haven’t we?”

“Baek, it’s not just about how long two people have been together. Getting married is a big deal, so it has more to do with how people feel about each other, and if they’re ready to say they’re going to be together forever. It takes a lot of commitment.”

“Do you think we’re not committed?” Baekhyun asked, arching an eyebrow, Chanyeol shaking his head in response almost frantically, standing and taking a step forward so he was in front of the older.

“That’s not at all what I’m saying. I just… Didn’t want to do it and make you feel trapped. I know we’ve gotten past that and I know I’ve at least healed almost completely from our break up… I’ve kept myself from asking because I didn’t know where you stood on the whole thing,” the black haired male explained, one hand coming to cup Baekhyun’s cheek. “I’ve had the ring for a while, kept it in my jacket pocket in case the time felt right- Baek, where are you going?” Chanyeol asked, watching the brunet disappear through the doorway to their room. He returned a few moments later with the gray box Chanyeol had become familiar with, and Chanyeol reached out to accept it, eyes widening when Baekhyun dropped onto one knee in front of him.

“We’ve fought like an old married couple since we were twelve, and even through all of my bull you’ve stayed by my side. I’m pretty sure that makes you are the biggest idiot I’ve ever met, and yet I would never want you any other way. You’ve supported me through my worst days, and I know there will be more that I’ll need your help to get through, but at the same time I can’t imagine going through my best days without you by my side. So, Park Chanyeol, my giant, stupidly wonderful boyfriend, will you marry me?” Baekhyun asked, smile playing across his lips as he saw the glint from the light reflecting off of the tears in the younger’s eyes.

“B-b… but that w-was supposed to be my line,” Chanyeol sniffled, Baekhyun taking the hand that had been extended a few moments earlier, Chanyeol using the other to wipe at his tears. “I w-was gonna g-g-… get down on m-my knee and say the perf-f-fect words to make you say yes,” he continued, Baekhyun rolling his eyes a little as he slid the ring on the younger’s pinky before he stood back up.

“When do things ever go according to plan when it comes to me?” he asked, Chanyeol looking down at the chrome silver ring, turning his hand a little to make the ten square diamonds in the center of the band glint, sniffling once more. Baekhyun looked down, eyes scanning over them.

“Ten.” Baekhyun’s eyes flickered up to the other’s face.

“Ten?”

“Ten stones.”

“Why… why ten? Is it because-”

“That’s how long we’ve acted like we were married.”

“Why are you so cheesey?” Baekhyun asked, Chanyeol laughing and placing the ringed hand on the older’s cheek.

“Because I love you,” he replied, a blush tinting Baekhyun’s cheeks.

“I love you too, even if your hands are too big,” the older replied, Chanyeol bursting out into laughter.

“How are they too big?”

“The ring won’t fit on your actual ring finger.”

“That’s because you’re hands are small,” Chanyeol said, hand sliding down to take a hold of one of Baekhyun’s bringing it up to his lips to kiss. “Small and delicious,” he added with a grin, Baekhyun jerking his hand back.

“Don’t you start that again.”