Fan Event #3: Sing it Back to Me

Three Halves to Make Me Whole

(( Hello all~ Ever wonder what happened for Baek's first birthday after BaekYeol got together? Did things start cute and go wrong like they did on their first date to their senior prom? Did everything go on without a hitch for once? Who knows~

You, that's who. At least you will in a few minutes. Unlike the first two fan events this one and the upcoming SuChen are ones of past events ^^ This one takes place about 3/4 of the way through BaekYeol(and Kyungsoo)'s first year at the college :3

I hope I did well! It'll be a nice little pick me up after last Friday's update. I promise that we feel bad for our poor BaekYeol shippers. Hopefully this will be a nice little bandaid on your hearts. And thank you for being so patient with this taking a million years, we couldn't ask for better readers, each of you is a gift to us, thank you 

Btw, if you wanna check out the song that Yeol's talking about, it's here ^^ ))



“Aaaaand… done!” Chanyeol took a step back, a grin plastered on his face as he admired his artwork. The last three hours had been spent going back and forth between preparing dinner, along with the cake that he managed to set on the top rack in the fridge without messing up any of the smoothed out whipped frosting. He e of the strawberries on top a smidge before pulling back again and gently closing the door, turning to the dishes that were laid out on the counter. Taking two plates at a time he moved them to the dining room table. The click of the deadbolt had him perking up moments after everything was set up, and he turned to boldly greet the older – almost knocking the brunet over as he draped himself onto him.

“Baekhyunnie~ Happy birthday!” He exclaimed, Baekhyun unable to hide the smile on his own lips as he tried to get the other off of him.

“You’re heavy,” the older replied, though his tone betrayed his usual attempt to be sour when he was flopped on as soon as he walked in the door. Chanyeol let himself be pushed off, waiting for Baekhyun to slide out of his shoes and set down his bag before he took a hold of his hand, tugging on it.

“You’re hungry right? Today was your long day of class and you’re always hungry when you get home,” Chanyeol rattled off, Baekhyun looking up at him.

“I dunno, I might have picked up something to eat on the way home for once,” he mused, Chanyeol’s smile drooping and causing Baekhyun’s own to spark. “I’m joking. You’re not that subtle about what you had planned for today so I didn’t go out of my way to get something to eat,” he added, Chanyeol’s smile spreading back across his lips in a flash, and Baekhyun let out a laugh as he was pulled to the table and guided to sit down. Chanyeol dragged his chair up beside Baekhyun’s while the older looked over the spread, mouth hanging open a little in awe. “You know, sometimes I wonder why you’re going into a science field, and not culinary one,” he commented, Chanyeol laughing as he reached out and picked up one of the home-made bread sticks, pulling off a small piece and holding it about an inch from the older’s lips.

“They’re similar,” he said, watching Baekhyun’s eyes flicker from his face to the piece of bread and back as he cocked an eyebrow.

“What are you doing?”

“Feeding you,” Chanyeol stated as if it was obvious, lowering his hand when Baekhyun continued to stare at him, giving a small shrug and starting to turn away. “Well, if you don’t want me to, I guess-”

“I didn’t say stop.” Chanyeol’s smile turned into one of his grins that made one of his eyes twitch a little, Baekhyun rolling his eyes before he leaned forward a bit to take the offered bite of bread. A few pieces of bread, then some spoon fulls of the alfredo he had made for the older, back and forth until Baekhyun said he was full and Chanyeol gave him a peck on the cheek before he cleared the table. When Baekhyun tried to get up to help the dark haired male shook his head and nudged him to sit back down, ignoring the faint frown he got in return.

“It’s your birthday, you’re not supposed to do dishes,” Chanyeol reasoned and Baekhyun leaned back in his chair, watching the other. Once the table was cleaned and the dishes scrubbed and put in the dishwasher Baekhyun stood and made his way into the kitchen, giving the younger a confused look when he was guided to sit back at the table.

“Chanyeol-”

“You’re not done, silly,” was the response he got and he watched the other for a moment before Chanyeol turned away and made his way back into the kitchen. Baekhyun tried to peek over the kitchen counter when he heard the fridge open, surprised when Chanyeol looked to him as if he knew what Baekhyun was doing. “Close your eyes.”

“Really, Yeol?”

“Please Baekhyunnie?” The whine in the younger’s tone had the brunet shaking his head, but he closed his eyes as the other wanted, turning his head towards the dining room table, ears strained for the other’s footsteps – not like they were quiet. There was a harsh brush sound followed by a sweet gun-powder -like smell, Baekhyun’s face scrunching a little in confusion, feeling Chanyeol’s hands on his shoulders a moment later. “Alright, you can open your eyes.” When he did he blinked a couple of times before the white and red creation in front of him came into focus, and it made the sound and smell from seconds before make sense when he saw the glowing wick of the candle in the center of the white-frosted cake.

“You made me a cake?” Baekhyun asked, tilting his head back to look up at the other who was watching him closely as he nodded. Baekhyun turned his awe back to the cake, reaching out to swipe some of the frosting off, almost startled when the younger caught his wrist.

“You have to make a wish first.” The words were whispered lowly in his ear in such a soothing voice that Baekhyun’s eyes closed again and he leaned back a little so that his head was resting back against the younger’s shoulder.

“What do I wish for?”

“It’s your birthday, so it can be whatever you want.”

Baekhyun’s throat tightened a little at the statement, his eye opening and falling on the cake again. Baekhyun stared at it long enough for the wax to melt and trail down the length of the candle, making a small pool where it met the surface of the cake, Chanyeol pulling back a little as the older blew out the candle. Baekhyun reached out, swiping some of the frosting successfully this time, looking to Chanyeol as he sat beside the older again, and he offered the frosting to him. Chanyeol’s smile was softer now and he leaned forward, Baekhyun expecting some kind of flirty comment before or after his finger was cleaned, his heart jumping a little at how innocently Chanyeol did it instead. Baekhyun lowered his hand once the other had finished, cheeks burning when the younger cooed ‘cute’ and he looked down at his lap as a slice of cake was cut and offered to him.

Chanyeol fed him the slice of cake like had dinner, but rather than cleaning off the table again once Baekhyun was finished, Chanyeol stood and took him by both hands, pulling him towards their room in the dorm.

“Excited to give me birthday ?” Baekhyun teased, a flustered feeling flowing into his stomach at the smile he got in return.

“Something better. Sit right here,” Chanyeol said, guiding the other over to the bed, hands holding onto the other’s shoulders until Baekhyun say down.

“Chanyeol, what are you doing?” Baekhyun asked, watching the younger dig out his guitar from its case and settle on the floor, folding his long legs with a slight struggle that seemed to be due to nerves. His hands shook ever so slightly as he looped the guitar strap over his head, eyes flickering up to meet Baekhyun’s before his fingers traced over the strings of his guitar.

“I tried to write something for you, but I wasn’t able to find the right feeling. When looking up songs in the hope that I would find something that would help me, I found one that I felt said it all… I hope that doesn’t make me seem stupid,” Chanyeol added with a nervous laugh, messing with the guitar strap a little before taking a deep breath and strumming his guitar once before he started playing.


I could talk all day long about the news,
Giving you the current affairs with my views
I could talk all night long about a song,
Giving you the pointers on where you're going wrong.
I could talk all year long about the net
Sending you the links I think you haven't seen yet.
I'd like to tell you things that I think you never heard, but there are no words

I could talk all day long about dreams,
Sewing up your heart so you never see a seam.
I could talk all day about politics,
All of the corruption, clean hands, dirty tricks
But what can I say
About something that blows me away
Without it soundin' like another cliché?
From what I've seen and I've heard,
When it comes to you, baby, no, there are no, there are no words.

There are no words,
Yeah, I swear this much is true,
There ain't a word in this world that describes you

I can talk all day long about life,
After so many wars, how we're all still alive.
I could speak all night long about the world,
How it took me thirty years just to find one girl.
I could shoot for days all about guitars,
A Gibson or a Fender, it depends on who you are.
But when I try to say something that you never heard,
There are no words

I could burn your ear off all about space,
Why we have a moon and why the moon has a face.
If the earth is spinning, why we all stay in place?
Why we can't walk it's gotta be a space race.
But what can I say,
That's gonna' blow her mind away,
Tryna write a classic, not a throwaway.
All I've seen, all I've heard,
When it comes to you, there are no, there are no, there are no words, no words.

Yeah, there are no words.
Yeah, I swear this much is true
There ain't a word in this world that describe you, that describe you.
Yeah, I swear this much is true
There ain't a word in this world that describes you.

No words.

There are no words to describe, quantify
What's inside you, your feeling, your vibe
Believe me, I've tried to break you down to a science
See you in my mind then I open my mouth and it's silence
I can articulate a Shakespeare poem
Even though I didn't know him
I can see where he was going
And where he's coming from
I can even catch his flow
And then I think of you
I don't know where this metaphor is going
'Cause there are no words you can understand, only lovers can
You can ask the professor and the madman
If they couldn't find the words, no one can
All I've seen, all I've heard
When it comes to you there's just no, just no words

(Just no words, no words)

Yeah, I swear this much is true,
There are no word in this world that describes you, that describes you.

Yeah, I swear this much is true,
There are no word in this world that describes you.

There are no...
There are no...
Just no words


Chanyeol’s fingers slowed to a stop and the hum of the stings on his guitar faded leaving a sweet silence in the room, the dark haired male’s eyes rising to look at the older for the first time since he had started singing.

“Your head to your toes, the glint in your eyes… The crinkle of your nose… Your lips so sweet as you smile back at me… You are my everything, Baekhyunnie. So sing it back to me, because I love you… So much, more than there are words to describe…” He trailed off, noticing the glint in the older’s eyes, scrambling to get the strap of the guitar over his head, not caring about the noise his guitar made when he all but dropped it on the ground, kneeling before Baekhyun as the brunet rubbed at his eyes in an attempt to hide his tears. “Baek… why are you crying? Did it sound that awful?” He asked. When Baekhyun swatted at his arm it made him feel a little easier, and he pulled Baekhyun’s other hand away from his face, replacing them with his own as he wiped at the tears.

“No, you’re just stupid. And gross. And cheesy, what else am I supposed to do but cry?” Baekhyun asked in a pouty tone, pulling a smile over Chanyeol’s face as he rose up on his knees, pulling the older against his chest.

“You could always tell me you if love me too.”

“You know the answer to that.”

“It’s still nice to hear,” Chanyeol teased, hearing Baekhyun let out a small huff before he pulled his face back from the dark haired male’s neck.

“I love you too, you big idiot,” Baekhyun replied, Chanyeol’s smile turning into a grin.

“Yeah, but I’m your big idiot.”