62.

Three Halves to Make Me Whole

(( Hello~ I'm sorry the fan event things haven't been going up regularly, the last three will be finished by the end of the month, I promise that much! Still trying to get back into the groove of writing uou ))


The harsh thunk on the counter had the blue haired barista turning his attention to the brunet, who seemed to be regretting letting his head hit the counter as hard as it had, his hand coming up to rub at his forehead as he raised it from the counter.

“Long day, Baekhyun-Hyung?” He asked, setting the rag he had been cleaning with down and making his way over to the other.

“That’s one way of putting it,” Baekhyun replied, leaning back so he could look up at the younger. “How many shots of espresso would it take for me to not be able to feel me face?” He asked, watching Wonshik hoist himself up on the counter, looking him over.

“You look like you need something stronger than espresso. C’mon, I know a good bar down the street.”


“I never knew you were so good at holding your liquor,” Wonshik laughed, though it was cut short when Baekhyun slumped over and he barely managed to catch the older so he wouldn’t have had a long trip down to the floor. “Then again, maybe you’re not,” he mused, watching Baekhyun try and unlock his mobile. “Uh, what are you doing?”

“Need to… call… Yeol,” he said, letting out a pitiful noise when Wonshik took the device out of his hand.

“That’s exactly what you don’t need to do,” he replied, holding Baekhyun’s mobile further away when the older reached for it, leaning more into Wonshik in the process.

“Noooo, I need to call him,” he whined, earning a head shake from the blue haired male, who ended up pocketing the device, wagging his finger at the older in a warning when he looked like he was weighing the pros and cons of digging into his friend’s pants to retrieve it.

“Trust me, drunk calls end poorly for everyone involved. If you really want to call him, you can do it in the morning once you’ve gotten over your hangover.”

“But how is he supposed to know I need hangover soup if he doesn’t know I’ve been drinking?” Wonshik searched Baekhyun’s face for a moment, catching him when he started to fall out of his seat again and opting to let the bartender know they would be moving to one of the booths. He looped one of Baekhyun’s arms over his shoulders, helping the brunet move, watching the way Baekhyun slumped over the table once he let go of the older.

“Hyung, I don’t mean to be rude, but I don’t think Chanyeol-Hyung is going to bring you hangover soup, whatever that is, even if he found out that you’re really drunk,” he said, Baekhyun weakly swatting at his arm.

“You don’t know that. He… he always would bring me… this one soup… just like I took to him when he went to that party…”

“What party? Last I heard he doesn’t do much in the way of partying anymore.”

“That one party where he slept with that one guy,” Baekhyun mumbled, turning so his face was pressed into the table top. “I went there… because I had a feeling he might have gotten drunk… With the soup he would always bring me when I drank a lot… It would make the hangover go away, so I…”

“I think you need to go home.” Baekhyun lifted his head slowly, blinking a few times so that the other would come into focus, Wonshik biting at his lower lip for a moment as Jongdae didn’t acknowledge his existence.

“What?”

“You’re drunk off your , it’s time for you to go home, not sit here whining and making yourself a hassle for your friends.”

“He was the one who brought me here,” Baekhyun argued, making an attempt to point at Wonshik and jabbing his finger into the younger’s cheek instead. Jongdae leaned forward, knocking his hand away from Wonshik’s face, the blue haired male taking that as his sign to leave the duo, disappearing to the bar counter to pay their tab.

“Let me guess, he also poured those shots down your throat.”

“N-no,” Baekhyun stammered, flinching when Jongdae cut into him again.

“Quit trying to blame others for the stupid you’re doing!” He snapped, growing more and more irritable that he was only feeling his own emotions. Baekhyun really had severed the bond between them, hadn’t he? “Just… Go home, Baekhyun.” The other opened his mouth, closing it the instant the other turned back to him, and he looked down at his lap before giving a single nod.

“He might need this,” Wonshik offered meekly, holding out Baekhyun’s mobile to Jongdae, who tossed it across the table to Baekhyun, turning and leaving the bar.


Baekhyun tried to turn the door handle, frowning when it didn’t budge. Why is it locked? He though, digging in his pocket and pulling out his keys, dropping them twice before he was able to get the correct key, knocking it against the lock more times than he could remember, pausing and squinting at the door when the key wouldn’t turn. Had someone else changed the lock? This was the key that belonged to the lock he had changed it to…

“Did you change the lock to get back at me?” Baekhyun called, tugging on his keys until they came loose from the lock. When there was no reply he reached out, knocking harshly on the door until he heard a click and the door opened; Baekhyun teetered a little, almost falling into the unfamiliar blond in the doorway.

“You’re not the person I’m in love with,” he stated, doing nothing to change the confused look the female was giving him. “Yeol… Chanyeol… where is he, why isn’t he here?”

“I… I think you’re confused, no one by that name lives here.” Baekhyun stared at her for a long moment, leaning back and looking at the number beside the door.

“But… this is where we lived… We lived here for almost two years, what do you mean he doesn’t live here?”

“I moved in last week with a few others that attend the campus that owns these dorms. Maybe your friend moved out after you did? They said this place had been vacant for a month so that’s why it was up for us to move into.”

“If… If he’s not here… then where is he?”

“I don’t know?” She replied in a similar questioning tone as he had, and she tensed when tears filled the brunet’s eyes. “Oh god, please don’t cry,” she begged, hands coming out to catch him when he swayed.

“I have to… I have to tell him that I love him, he… he needs to know that I need him, I-I,” he swallowed hard, hands coming up to cover his eyes as tears started to spill over his eyelids and the hands on him disappeared for a moment. When they returned, they were pulling his hands from his face and placing an index card in his hands.

“I think this is the forwarding address that was left, maybe this is where you can find him,” she offered and he stared down at the card for a long moment, sniffling before he hugged the card to his chest.

“I can find him… I can find him, and I can tell him, I… I can fix this,” he sniffled, the blond nodding and placing a hand on each of his shoulders, guiding him from behind out of the dorm complex, hailing a taxi for him. He didn’t remember most of the ride, and as he looked down a set of stairs that he was pretty sure he had just climbed even though he didn’t remember doing so he sighed, opting to lay on the cold tiled hallway floor and wait for the room to stop spinning. Where was he and why was he- He bolted up when the image of Chanyeol flashed through his mind, causing him to topple over to the other side and he groaned a little at the sting that filtered through his shoulder. When something touched his other side he jumped, looking up at the figure with wide eyes, and she seemed as startled as he felt.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you. I heard a crash, and you looked like you might have fallen, are you alright?” She asked, and Baekhyun felt a slight sting in his eyes again as he shook his head. “Did you fall? Should I call someone?”

“Chan…. Chan Parkyeol,” he said, her eyebrows knitting together.

“Uh… do you by chance mean Park Chanyeol?” she asked and he nodded hard enough that it made his vision blur and he had to blink a couple of times to focus on her again. “Ah, you’re on the wrong floor, dear. He’s one more floor up. Here, let me help you,” she offered, taking him gently by his wrists and pulling him slowly to his feet, waiting for him to regain his balance before she stepped past him and knelt down, retrieving his mobile and offering it to him. “I’m guessing this is yours,” she said and he took the device, pocketing it as he followed the other’s lead up the stairs.

“Apartment 307,” the stated, gesturing to the door the numbers were on. “I’ve only ever seen one guy with him, so I didn’t think he was all that social,” she added and Baekhyun looked from her to the door, feeling his throat tighten. He turned to the helpful neighbor, mouth hanging open as he forgot what he had planned to ask her when he realized she was no longer standing beside him, leading him to wonder just how long he had been standing in front of the door until he managed to knock. He almost missed the click of the deadbolt unlocking over how loudly his heart was pounding in his ears, the door revealing a somewhat fuzzy image of Chanyeol rubbing one of his eyes. He lowered his hand, blinking a couple of times before he seemed to wake up enough to speak.

“Baekhyun, what are you doing here?” The tired sound of his voice in place of the sleepy one the older was hoping for cut into him and he choked on his words, having to look down at the floor. The action caused a rush feeling to wash over his head and he reached out to place a hand on the doorframe to keep himself up. “Are you… drunk?” he asked, Baekhyun slowly remembering how to look up at him.

“I tried... I tried to find you, but you weren’t you, you were someone else.”

“What?”

“Some stranger lives where we used to.”

“Yeah, that happens when everyone moves out of the dorms, someone else moves in. How-how did you even find me, I never told you where I moved to,” Chanyeol pointed out, trying to step back when Baekhyun reached out, but he caught the older as if out of reflex when Baekhyun teetered forward and was at a high risk for landing on his face. Once Baekhyun was stabilized again, the pair exchanged a look and Baekhyun took a hold of Chanyeol’s face. 

“You’re still handsome,” the older said, one hand remaining on Chanyeol’s cheek while the other traced over his lips. “Even when you’re really blurry.” Chanyeol’s eyes closed and he watched the dark haired male’s shoulders sag a little as he tried to take a step back, only for Baekhyun to tighten his hold on the younger’s face. “Do you need me?” he asked, feeling himself tense and he searched Chanyeol’s eyes when the other opened them again.

“Need you for what?”

“No, do you need me?”

“Go home, Baek,” Chanyeol sighed, Baekhyun feeling the sting of tears in his eyes again.

“Listen.”

“What?”

“Listen, listen, listen.”

“To what?”

“No listen! I need to ask you something.”

“What do you want, Baek?” Chanyeol asked in a sigh, shoulders drooping.

“Shh, listen.”

“Baek, I’m listening. I’ve been listening for the last ten minutes of you telling me to listen. Hell, I’ve been listening to every word that you’ve said for the last ten years. Will you just tell me what you want so you can leave?” Chanyeol demanded, startled by the older’s hands on his face. When Baekhyun pulled his face down so their lips ghosted one another’s, Chanyeol took a firm hold of his wrists and yanked the hands free from his face. “Know what I need Baek? I need you to leave,” he replied in a tone void of anything but irritation, stepping back, the door closing followed by a deafening click as the deadlock slid in place.