54.

Three Halves to Make Me Whole

(( Hello all~ The requested pairings are in and Angel and I shall be talking to the 5 winners to see if they have requests for the plot of their drabble chapters and they will be up soon after ^^ It might be only one per Friday along with the usual update, depends on how busy I get, but they will be up as soon as I can turn them out ^^ There shall be two SuChens, One HunHan, one XiuTao, and one BaekYeol ^^ Thank you to those who joined in~ ))

 


“Do you like ferrets? I had one when I was little.”

“Cool.” Chanyeol looked over at the blond laying on his stomach, face barely visible from where it was pressed into the pillow, a small frown crossing his lips. Usually ZiTao was a little more playful, but the last couple of days he hadn’t offered much of a response and the two mostly sat in silence. The younger wasn’t even playing on his mobile, and he jumped a little when Chanyeol poked him in the side.

“Hey, you hungry?”

“No,” ZiTao replied, turning a little so his face was now fully hidden by the pillow.

“Have you eaten today?”

“... No.” Came the muffled response.

“Come on, let’s get you something to eat,” Chanyeol replied, taking hold of the blond’s elbow and dragging him halfway off the bed before ZiTao seemed to realize that he didn’t have much of a chance fighting to stay in bed all day. Chanyeol let go of him and he sat up on the bed, huffing a sigh as he pouted at the black haired male, who offered a small shrug. “I’m pretty sure you’re small enough that I can carry you if you’d rather we play like that,” he stated and ZiTao rolled his eyes and stood from the bed. He crossed the room, Chanyeol turning so his back was to the younger as he changed out of his sleep pants, looking back at ZiTao when he heard the bedroom door open, trailing behind him. He offered a smile and a wave to the duo sitting on the couch, who looked at eachother before Jongin stood and latched onto Chanyeol’s arm, stopping him from meeting ZiTao at the door.

“Chanyeol-Hyung, I was wondering if we could hang out today? I don’t have work or class today, and you’re…” The dark haired male trailed off, Chanyeol wincing a little.

“Still suspended,” Chanyeol finished, Jongin stiffly nodding once.

“Yeah… Hey Hyung, do you like dogs or cats more?” He asked, Chanyeol blinking as confusion trickled into his eyes.

“Cats.”

“Then we should go to a cat cafe!”

“I can’t,” Chanyeol replied, frowning a little, Jongin’s mood drooping a little.

“Why not?”

“Because I’m allergic to cats.”

“Oh…” Well that explained why Ddalgi wasn’t allowed at the dorm, even if the school would have allowed it. “Do you like dogs at all?”

“They’re alright.”

“Then let’s go to a dog cafe!” Jongin said, perking back up and tugging Chanyeol’s arm to pull him to the front door.

“I guess we can. ZiTao, do you like dogs?” Chanyeol asked, the blond shrugging before Sehun was tugging on the back of his shirt.

“Hyung, stay here and play video games with me,” He pleaded, a slight whine to his tone.

“I told him we were going to get him something to eat,” Chanyeol stated, watching as ZiTao offered as much struggle towards Sehun as he had earlier when Chanyeol pulled him from the bed.

“We’ll order something that delivers,” Sehun called, Chanyeol catching it just before Jongin closed the dorm door and pulled Chanyeol through the halls leading out of the complex. They were a block from the dog cafe when Chanyeol’s mobile went off, noticing Kyungsoo’s caller ID before he selected answer.

“Kyungsoo, what is it? You never call me,” Chanyeol said, a hint of amusement mixing in with his curious tone.

“What are you doing today?”

“Well, Jongin said he wanted to hang out, and said we should go to a dog cafe.”

“That works. I get out of class in an hour, if you want to go apartment hunting,” Kyungsoo said, Chanyeol biting the inside of his lower lip.

“I guess I should stop crashing on your couch, huh?” He asked with a forced laugh. “Yeah, where should we meet? Do you  want Jongin and I to just head over to the school?”

“You two can go to your dog cafe, just text me the address and I’ll meet you there once I’m out of class.”

“Alright,” Chanyeol said before the other hung up, and he tucked his mobile into his pocket, looking to Jongin’s curious expression. “Kyungsoo wants to do apartment hunting things today, but he’s still in class. So he said we should go ahead to the dog café and that he’ll meet us there once he’s finished with his class,” He explained, Jongin nodding before leading the rest of the way to the dog café.


While Chanyeol was pretty sure that Jongin was enjoying the café a lot more than he was, he did notice himself smiling at the excited expression the younger had as he played tug-o-war with a Pomeranian for close to ten minutes before Jongin seemed to notice that Chanyeol wasn’t playing with one of the dogs.

“Hyung, are you okay?” He asked, Chanyeol’s smile falling at the question before he sat up, gaze shifting to his lap.

“I don’t want to lie to you and say yeah… But I don’t want you to worry about me either… Kyungsoo’s been doing enough of that in his own way,” Chanyeol said, looking to the window in time to see said male walk past it to walk in the door of the café. He stood, and Jongin wasn’t sure if he didn’t see the way he was reaching out for the other, or was pretending not to notice. Either way he stood, trailing after the other and smiling at Kyungsoo when the older wrapped an arm around his waist. Over the next couple of hours they toured close to a dozen different apartments, each that Chanyeol managed to find something wrong with without fail, and the eldest flinched when Kyungsoo sighed as Chanyeol frowned while looking through their last option within Chanyeol’s budget. This one, it was the counter in the bathroom was too big for how little Chanyeol had to put on it; he had long grown used to using little of the bathroom with Baekhyun’s make-up collection. 

“You’re going to have to pick one eventually,” Kyungsoo pointed out, Chanyeol rubbing his upper arm when the younger swatted at it.

“Yeah… I know. It’s just… really hard,” Chanyeol said, Jongin taking a step forward to hug the older, frowning at Kyungsoo when he tightened his hold on Jongin’s waist to keep him in place, offering a single shake of his head. “I’m not sure how I’m going to adjust to living without him. I know we’ve been broken up for a couple of months now but… That hasn’t made things easier.”

 

One long and awkward delivery call later, that took three times as long as it should have because of how indecisive ZiTao was being, the two were sitting on the couch, take out boxes set on the coffee table as they played one of the racing games that they had. Sehun looked over at the blond from time to time, a tense silence falling over them from the start of the racing game. Sehun his lips, taking a slow breath half an hour into the gameplay.

“So… How are things?”

“Just fine. My boyfriend decided we needed to go on a break and hasn’t spoken to me in over two weeks, and now my platonic soulmate has abandoned me.” Came the sickly upbeat response, making the younger cringe.

“Oh.” Sehun found that the only thing that he could think of to respond with, and a silence fell back over them, the only sounds coming from the game and ZiTao’s controller as the older progressively became harsher with the way he pressed the buttons. When he was hitting the controller hard enough that it made Sehun flinch he paused the game, turning to ZiTao as he set his controller on the coffee table. “Hyung, are you okay?”

“No! I’m not!” ZiTao exclaimed, tossing the controller onto the coffee table, knocking Sehun’s off the other side in the process. “Why would I be? After what’s happened, how could I be okay?” He continued, leaning forward and pressing his face into his hands. “Why do I keep making stupid mistakes? Why do I keep making the people I love leave me?” Sehun swallowed hard, staring at the older with wide eyes.

“Why do you think you’re doing that?” he asked, ZiTao lifting his head from his hands, tears already lacing his eyelids.

“Where have you been for the last week?” ZiTao deadpanned, Sehun cringing a little. “I made a stupid mistake and made out with Chanyeol-Hyung, and Minseok-Hyung probably hates me now, and he doesn’t want us to talk about it and try to make things better. And in the middle of all of this, Ge decides to up and leave on some trip with his boyfriend, though that shouldn’t be a surprise since he up and leaves me all the time for Yixing-Ge… And then he doesn’t bother coming back from China and…” The blond’s voice cracked and he hung his head, gripping the couch cover tightly, a couple of tears slipping down his cheeks, dripping off of his chin.

“And Ge was the reason I didn’t go right back to China with the way people made fun of me here… Then after Minseok-Hyung and I got together it got better because even when people were mean Minseok-Hyung was there for me since Ge wasn’t… And I wasn’t alone anymore for a little while but then… then Minseok-Hyung was busier than Ge was a-and it was like he didn’t want to spend time with me anymore… Like he was bored with me and didn’t want to be mean… Then Chanyeol-Hyung was there and I was stupid and I hate myself for what I did but Minseok-Hyung won’t let me fix things!” The blond’s voice squeaked a little at the end and he started to curl in on himself, only for Sehun to reach out, pulling him from the other side of the couch and against his chest. Faint memories of the first time they had met, how ZiTao had draped himself over Sehun and Jongin snuggled up close before the trio had fallen asleep stirred in the ZiTao’s mind, as he gripped Sehun’s shirt and pressed his face into the younger’s chest.

“I don’t think Minseok-Hyung hates you.”

“Then why won’t he talk to me?!” ZiTao choked out, Sehun wrapping his arms around him.

“Because he’s hurt. You were hurt and you did something stupid, and now Hyung is hurt and this is his way of dealing with it. So you should let him deal with it how he wants to. Don’t get me wrong, I think you two should talk about this and sort things out, but… I also think that you need to give him space until he’s ready. If you don’t you might push him away for good, and I’m sure that’s the last thing that you want.” ZiTao nodded, taking a deep breath and letting it out as a sigh, snuggling closer to the younger. “You should come to the pool party tomorrow,” He added after a few minutes of silence.

“What pool party?”

“The one that Junmyeon-Hyung organized to celebrate this semester almost being half over,” Sehun explained, ZiTao frowning up at him.

“I really don’t feel like doing anything other than going to class tomorrow. I don’t even want to go to class, but Minseok-Hyung… he always said that it’s really important to make sure I went to my classes…” ZiTao said, his voice softening at the older’s name before he closed his eyes and pressed his face into Sehun’s chest once more.

 


“She’s your platonic soulmate, stop drooling!” Jei exclaimed, swatting at CaoLu’s arm.

“Hey, it’s not my fault you decided to wear a one piece today,” the other replied with a playful grin.

LuHan looked over at the trio, trying to direct his attention anywhere that wasn’t Sehun. Well, more so anywhere that wasn’t Sehun and the group of girls that were fawning over him, one of each side of him hugging his arms to their chests as they cooed over his newest belly ring.

“Ohmigosh! I’ve never seen a guy who was willing to pierce their navel!”

“Did it hurt? I hear that’s a really sensitive place to pierce.”

“Huh? No, it didn’t really hurt all that much. More than I thought it would, but it wasn’t that bad.”

“When did you get it? It looks like it’s healed a lot, so it had to be a while ago.”

“My cousin bought it for me for my birthday, so almost a year,” Sehun replied, jumping a little when there was a pair of hands on his waist, pulling him back when one of the girls reached out to poke the top part of the piercing, and he looked over his shoulder to see LuHan holding him against his chest, ever so slightly pouting.

“Sehun, I wanna go swim,” he whined, dragging the blond away from the gathering, ignoring the bitter look that Baekhyun gave him as they passed him. Once they were out of sight the brunet’s attention shifted to the black haired male sitting with just his feet in the water, and he stopped beside him.

“All alone?” He asked, Chanyeol looking up at him with a soft frown. “I thought you’d be attached to meow, or whatever his name is.”

“Don’t be such a , Baekhyun,” came Chanyeol’s response, shock lighting up the older’s face.

“How dare you?” He hissed, Chanyeol rolling his eyes and looking back out over the pool. “Why do you hang out with that loser, anyway?” Baekhyun continued, crossing his arms over his chest when Chanyeol scoffed.

“Jealous that someone else is using your toy?”

“Excuse me?” Chanyeol’s eyes flickered over to him before returning to the water as he kicked his feet a little, feeling the other move. Probably because Chanyeol succeeded in splashing him.

“You’re just mad that ZiTao still wants to talk to me after I got him in bed.”


“Hey look, Baekhyun and Chanyeol are talking,” Junmyeon said, Jongdae’s attention snapping to the pair and away from Yixing.

“Maybe they’re starting to make up,” Jongdae suggested, cringing when Baekhyun pushed Chanyeol into the pool. “Then again… Maybe not.”