47.5. What Can I Do to Make You Stay

Three Halves to Make Me Whole

(( April Fool's? Angel says that she thinks last week's chapter might have been a little too believable. But I can assure you, it was a joke, when Angel and I realized that April Fool's day landed on a Friday this year, and Fridays are update days, we came up with that sceme


Also, even with the recent release of news about Kaistal, we are still keeping KaiSoo in this story! Angel says some of the stories she's reading have gone on hiatus or dropped KaiSoo from the story with the news about them. That is not the case with this story! She wanted this to be mentioned in case and KaiSoo fans were worried, since KaiSoo doesn't really have a big role in the next couple chapters, but they are still very much a part of this story. We're not done with all that we have planned for them, and since this is just a story what's going on in the real lives of the idols has no effect on the course of this story. And any comments dissing on either KaiSoo or Kaistal will be dealt with without further warning. Don't be a and we won't have a problem

Now, onto the actual 47th chapter~ ))


Chapter Forty-Seven, take Two
What Can I Do to Make You Stay
 

>Kyungsoo, we have a problem.
 
> And what is that?
 
>Baekhyun changed the locks on the dorm door.

 
The dark haired male stared at the text long enough that Jongin peeked over, frowning.
 
"I didn't know that someone could do that to a campus dorm," he said, Kyungsoo running a hand through his hair and fighting back a groan.
 
"In rare instances you can, knowing Baekhyun he figured that out after he found Chanyeol with..." he trailed off, shaking his head. "I'm sorry, we're supposed to be enjoying a time out of town, not dealing with the mess back at school," he added, Jongin snuggling a little closer.
 
"Hyung, we both know that if I was the one in your situation you would be fine with me trying to help Sehun."
 
"You're lucky you don't have a for a platonic soul mate," Kyungsoo muttered and Jongin laughed.
 
"You know you love Chanyeol-Hyung," he teased, looking down at the message. "As much as I would love to offer, I don't think my parents would let him stay with us over break." Kyungsoo nodded.
 
"I wouldn't ask that of them even if we knew they would," he said, sending the older another text.
 
>Is there someone you can crash with for a couple of days? I can send you the list of places I was looking at that had one bedrooms available.
 
Jongin's eyebrows knitted together for a moment and he looked up at the others face.
 
"Places you were looking at?" he asked, the corner of Kyungsoo's lips quirking up before he nodded, meeting the other's gaze.
 
"Yeah. When school starts up again, you'll be a second year and won't have to stay at the dorms on campus anymore. So I was going to ask if you would maybe... Want to move in together." Jongin watched the older fidget a little with the question, his attention falling onto his lap while Jongin remained silent for several moments. He slowly looked up at the younger when Jongin shifted a little closer, feeling the younger's lips against his cheek and then his arms wrapped around his neck tightly.
 
"Of course I want to live with you, Kyungsoo-Hyung."
 
 
Chanyeol sighed at the text from Kyungsoo, running down the list of friends in his head. Half the people were out of town for the break, and many of the others already had packed dorms or apartments... Or he didn't feel comfortable asking. He let out a groan as he made his way away from the dorm, almost walking into Yifan when the older was leaving his own dorm. Yifan didn't seem to notice him as he headed down the hallway trailing a large suitcase behind him, and he looked to the closed door of the dorm. Reaching out to knock, he swallowed hard, preparing himself for the possibility of being slapped. A couple of minutes passed before the door opened, and Chanyeol fought not to wince at the puffiness of his eyes.
 
"What do you want?" Chanyeol held his hands up in surrender, taking a step back.
 
"S-sorry, I shouldn't have..." he trailed off, noticing the bandage over the mark he had left on the other neck the night before, ZiTao's hand coming up to try and hide it. "I bit you really bad, didn't I?" he asked, ZiTao's gaze shifting to the floor. "I can't tell you how sorry I am about what I did, I-I... I should have just moved to the other bed, I should have stayed home instead of going to the party, I-"
 
"You're not the only one at fault." ZiTao cut him off. "I could have slept in Ge's bed, I used to do it a lot anyway. And I didn't have to kiss you, or let you take off my shirt... I'm just as guilty for what happened as you are, Chanyeol-Hyung." The two fell silent for a long moment before ZiTao peeked up at the other through his bangs. "Why did you come back here?"
 
"It doesn't matter."
 
"It's not nice to brush people off." Chanyeol took a deep breath, letting it out as a sigh.
 
"Baekhyun found a way to lock me out of the dorm he, Kyungsoo and I have. And Kyungsoo is out of town for a week or two, I was trying to find somewhere I could stay for a few days until I could get an apartment, or into my dorm and I sorta ended up..."
 
"Here." Chanyeol nodded as ZiTao finished his statement. One of the last things he expected was for the younger to step back, gesturing for him to come inside. "Ge is gone for a little over a week with his boyfriend, and Sehun has been spending a lot of nights over at LuHan-Ge's apartment. You can stay here if you want to." Chanyeol stared at him for a moment before stepping into the dorm, closing the door behind himself as the younger started for his room, stopping when Chanyeol called out to him.
 
“Why… are you letting me stay here? After all that I caused this morning?” he asked, noticing ZiTao’s grip on the doorframe tighten as he kept his back to the older.
 
“Because I should have known better… And like I said, you’re not the only one at fault,” he said, making his way into the room, Chanyeol slow to follow.
 
The two made small talk here and there over the next few hours; ZiTao learned that Chanyeol and Baekhyun had been dating longer than Jongin and Kyungsoo had been. That the older was majoring in science with a preference for chemistry even though he enjoyed composing when he had free time. In turn Chanyeol learned about ZiTao being a part of the four year exchange program like Yifan, and how Yifan had chosen to be his mentor, even though it meant he had to be in charge of a dorm with three first years. He also learned that ZiTao wanted to teach martial arts to kids, cocking an eyebrow at the younger who was standing in front of a full length mirror that hung on the back of the closet door, pulling the bandage off of his neck.
 
“Why did you put a bandage over it?”
 
“Ge asked me to. He said the little he saw of it made him worry you had broken skin, and he asked me to clean and bandage it before it could get infected when he was leaving.”
 
“I saw him leaving, is he staying somewhere? I think you mentioned something about staying with his boyfriend.”
 
“Ge and Yixing-Ge went to China for a week.” Chanyeol stared at the other, ZiTao shifting his gaze to avoid meeting the other’s eyes in the reflection.
 
“After all that happened he just… up and left?”
 
“Ge’s left a lot since the middle of the year. He majored in business so he had to go on a lot of business trips. It was easier at first when Minseok-Hyung and I started dating because I wasn’t alone anymore when Ge was gone, but then… Minseok-Hyung got busy and was able to spend less and less time with me. I started thinking that maybe he didn’t actually want to spend time with me, that all his courting was in vain and he got bored with me but he didn’t want to be mean and break up with me,” ZiTao said softly, tossing the bandage in the trash can and touching the mark gingerly, wincing at how tender it was.
 
“I… really am sorry about biting you… especially about how hard I bit, I don’t know why I-” he stopped when ZiTao shook his head, hand moving to cover the mark when he finally looked at the other through the reflection.
 
“I didn’t tell you no… I… I liked it, even,” He said, Chanyeol’s head cocking to the side a little and ZiTao turned around to face him. “Minseok-Hyung has always been so gentle with me, I don’t think he’s ever given me a hickey. Not even a light one!” ZiTao stated firmly, and Chanyeol felt his ears warm a little; did the younger realize the tangent he was going on, or? “He goes a week without seeing me, the least he could do it throw me down on the bed, but no, he has to treat me like I’m fragile. I’m hard core!” ZiTao’s rant was silenced by Chanyeol’s howling laughter. “What?” He demanded, Chanyeol fighting to try and sit back up on Yifan’s bed.
 
“Jongin says you scream and cry whenever you see a bug in the kitchen, you’re so not hard core,” He teased, the younger pouting in response.
 
 
ZiTao took a deep breath, reaching out a couple times before he managed to actually knock on the door. He was pretty sure he would have tried to leave if his legs didn’t feel like lead, his knees locking when he heard the door unlock and open enough for Minseok’s face to be seen. He tried to smile at the older, though it fell when he heard Minseok sigh.
 
“ZiTao, not now,” he said, starting to close the door, and if ZiTao had waited a second longer the door would have shut before he could catch it.
 
“M-Minseok-Hyung, please. We need to talk about what happened… before time makes things worse,” he pleaded. Minseok gave him a tired look before he closed his eyes, moving away from the door and allowing the other to make his own way in while he dropped himself on the couch. ZiTao sat on the cushion beside his, and a tense silence fell between the two as ZiTao messed with the hem of his shirt. Where could he start? He looked over at Minseok, scooting closer only for Minseok to move so there was even more space between them; at least he was looking at ZiTao now, though the younger was beyond uneasy by the expression strung across the other’s face.
 
“Minseok-Hyung, I… Chanyeol-Hyung and I didn’t… we didn’t have .” ZiTao saw the way Minseok’s eyes flickered to the new bandage he had put over Chanyeol’s mark, ZiTao’s hand coming up to cover the bandage as if that would make it disappear. “He… He did give me a hickey though, I’m… not trying to hide that from you with the bandage. Ge asked me to put a bandage on it in case Chanyeol-Hyung broke skin, to make sure that it didn’t get infected,” he explained, Minseok looking away for a few moments.
 
“That didn’t look like a hickey, it looked like he tried to rip the flesh off of your poor shoulder,” He said, ZiTao wincing when his fingers twitched and applied a little pressure over the mark, and he lowered his hand back to his lap.
 
“I’m not as frail as you think I am, Hyung. I can stand a little bit of rough play.”

“Is that why you went to him? Because he would be rough with you?”
 
“Hyung, I didn’t go to him! I was drunk and grumpy because you weren’t able to come to that stupid party and we haven’t seen each other for two weeks, and he wouldn’t get out of my bed. I knew that I should have just gone into Ge’s bed, but I made the mistake of lying next to him in the hopes that he would be the one to move first. But when he moved it was to face me, not get out of the bed, and then he asked me to kiss him and he just… sounded as upset as I felt, and for some reason a kiss didn’t seem like it would ruin things between us. Everyone at the party was playing spin the bottle, and they didn’t have a problem with everyone kissing each other,” ZiTao rattled off, feeling his chest tighten. “So I kissed him, and let him take off our shirts, and bite me, but when he tried to take off my pants I stopped what we were doing immediately. We didn’t sleep together, I swear Minseok-”
 
“That doesn’t matter.”
 
“How does it not matter?”
 
“Because you still did things with him, ZiTao,” Minseok said, his voice raising a little before he sighed, running a hand through his hair. “You should go,” He tried again, ZiTao shaking his head.
 
“I’m not leaving until we fix this, Minseok-Hyung. Look, I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. Just tell me what to do to fix this, and I will,” ZiTao pleaded, Minseok propping his arm up on the arm of the couch, pressing his heated forehead into his palm, hoping the contrast in temperature would ward off the throb he felt in his head; the rest of him felt numb, why couldn’t his head be?
 
“I think we should… take a break,” He said after a long moment, and he could swear he felt the panic that surged through the younger.
 
“Y-you’re breaking up with me?”
 
“ZiTao, that’s not what ‘take a break’ means. It might in the dramas you’ve seen, but this isn’t one of your dramas,” Minseok said, glancing at ZiTao from the corner of his eye. “You can’t just say that you’re sorry and have everything magically go back to the way it was, it doesn’t work like that.”
 
“But I don’t want it to go back to the way it was, because the way it was involved me never seeing you because you always have something more important to do!”

“So you crawled into bed with someone else. Like I said, it doesn't matter that you two didn't have , what you did still hurt me. With all that's been going on the last few months, with how busy I've been, did you ever stop and think about how I felt? You never brought up being upset about this, I assumed that I was the only one trying to deal with not being able to be with you anywhere near as often as I wanted. Did you ever think about that?  Did you think this was easy on me?” ZiTao flinched when the last question was all but screamed, Minseok’s hand grabbing a tight hold of a fistful of his own hair. A silence settled between them before the older seemed to realise how much his voice rose, and he let go of his hair, his hand coming down to cover his eyes.

“If you want this to work, you have to give me time to process all that's happened, and give me the space I need to deal with it.” ZiTao stared down at his lap, feeling a sting starting in his nose before his vision started to blur and he nodded once before he stood from the couch, leaving without another word.


Minseok pulled his hand back from where it had been covering his eyes, causing him to become aware of the tears that laced his eyes for the second time that day. He sighed, slumping against the arm of the couch, looking to his mobile as it started to buzz. He reached over, selecting answer and holding the device to his ear.

“LuHan, I'm not in the mood to talk right now,” he said tiredly, not able to care about the frown he heard in the others tone.

“Which is why we need to talk. What's going on, I can tell something happened.”

“What did I say? I'm not in the mood,” Minseok argued, hanging up on the younger before he could repeat the question. The device almost immediately began buzzing again, Minseok selecting ‘decline’ three times before he set his mobile into silent, and tossed it onto the coffee table so hard that it slid off and halfway across the wood floor of the living room. He shifted to lay on the couch, curling a little in on himself, shutting his eyes tightly as if it would stop the tears. Less than ten minutes passed before there was the sound of his front door knob turning and he stood from the couch, heading for it. LuHan opened the door before he got very close to it, and the older opened his mouth to yell at the pink haired male, but the give of his knees locked his words in his throat and LuHan caught him to cushion the way down to the floor just as Minseok broken down into a fit of sobs.