47. You Ask What I'm Doing in this Place, Well I Could Ask You the Same Thing

Three Halves to Make Me Whole

(( Shorter chapter this week, sorry about that ^^ Couldn't think of what all to put into this chapter that would make it like, 3k+ more words than the other chapters and thus make it super uneven, so here you go~ I also realized that I stopped putting the list of who are soulmates, and was wondering if people wanted me to go back to doing those? :3c ))


Chapter Forty-Seven:
You Ask What I'm Doing in this Place
Well I Could Ask You the Same Thing

 

Junmyeon groaned a little at the ringing of Jongdae’s mobile, doing nothing for the throb in his head. He nudged the brunet, trying to get him to wake up enough to notice the persistent ringing, and when that plan didn’t work he huffed, contorting himself to reach behind the male clinging to him as he slept to the device on Jongdae’s nightstand. He narrowly avoided knocking it off of the stand at first, then nudged it almost out of reach as it stopped ringing before managing to take it, setting it on the younger’s cheek. When it began to ring again Junmyeon took pleasure in the startled look on Jongdae’s face as he bolted up right, the phone sliding off his face and into his lap as he blinked, staring at it in confusion. Junmyeon noticed the caller ID just before Jongdae selected answer and held the device up to his ear, wondering what it was that Baekhyun wanted after he had ignored Jongdae for over a week.

 

“Hello?” Jongdae mumbled, rubbing one of his eyes with his free hand and yanking the phone away from his ear when Baekhyun’s voice came out of the speaker loud enough for Junmyeon to clearly hear him.

 

“Chanyeol slept with someone at that stupid party!” Jongdae looked at his mobile sourly before sighing and cautiously holding the device back near his ear once he turned the volume down as low as he could.

 

“You broke up with him, why do you care?” he asked, this time only wincing when Baekhyun’s voice could be heard through the speaker again; this time it was too muffled for Junmyeon to make out whatever he was saying, and Jongdae closed his eyes, running a hand through his hair before resting his chin in his palm, propping his arm up on his thigh. “So what? You don’t own him, you never did. He’s allowed to do whatever he wants, especially now that you decided you didn’t want him to be committed to you. Maybe you should try following his example and get over yourself,” Jongdae said shortly before hanging up as Baekhyun’s muffled voice started through the speaker again and he groaned as he set his mobile back on his nightstand.

 

“Chanyeol slept with someone at the party?” Junmyeon asked, the other giving a shrug.

 

“Apparently.”

 

“But… who could he have slept with? We were all together in the living room, other than Kyungsoo and Jongin, and Chanyeol went into a different room,” the older explained, Jongdae shrugging again.

 

“Your guess is as good as mine,” he grumbled, lying back down with his head on Junmyeon’s lap. “But it shouldn’t matter, Baekhyun left Chanyeol long before he actually left him.

 

 

Baekhyun glared at his mobile when Jongdae hung up on him, huffing before he pocketed the device and continued down the street. Some friend he is, he’s probably still mad about me saying that his near and dear soulmate bull is just that. He thought bitterly, almost hitting someone on his way into the café down the street from the campus dorms. He ordered a simple coffee, not caring for the bright mood that the blue haired barista seemed to be in, and sat in the back corner once he finally got his drink. He was half way through it when he caught sight of the copper haired male that had thrown him out of the room Chanyeol had been in, sitting a couple tables away and looking worse for the ware. Serves him right for butting in like he did, Baekhyun thought, glaring at the other until his gaze was met and the copper haired male frowned at him.

 

“Can I help you, or do you plan to try and burn holes in the side of my head?” the other asked, Baekhyun frowning deeply as he set his coffee down.

 

“Depends, are you going to throw me out the door again?” he spat back, the other sighing and rubbing his temples with his index fingers.

 

“Look, I’m not in the mood to deal with you. I don’t know your relationship with Chanyeol, but-”

 

“I’m his ex,” Baekhyun cut in, Minseok tilting his head up just enough to look at the brunet. “So I have plenty of room to complain about that homewrecker.”

 

“I think I have more room to complain, because that ‘homewrecker’ as you insist on calling him is my boyfriend.” Baekhyun opened his mouth to respond, but it slowly closed and he stared at the other for a few silent moments.

 

“Like… someone you’re dating right now?” He asked, the other closing his eyes and sighing.

 

“Yes, but I’m not sure how much longer I will be. I know he’s younger than me by a few years, but I thought he would be mature enough not to do something stupid like he did.”

 

“Wow, you’re a cradle robber like LuHan-Hyung is. At least you’re not dating a fetus like Sehun,” Baekhyun spouted off, earning a dirty look from the other.

 

“My best friend and I are not cradle robbers,” he replied in a forced polite tone that had Baekhyun laughing.

 

“Sure you’re not. At least you might not be for long with the way you’re talking,” he replied. The other shook his head, sighing, starting to take a drink of his coffee when Baekhyun jumped up from his seat, and he arched an eyebrow at the brunet. “I just got a great idea.”

 

“Good for you,” Minseok waved off. “I want no part in any of your ideas,”

 

“Just hear me out. You and I should date.” Minseok looked at him blankly, blinking slowly as Baekhyun sat across from him. “It would be the perfect way to get back at the two of them for what they did!” Baekhyun pressed, and when Minseok didn’t say anything for a few moments he stood, moving to stand beside the older’s chair and held his hand out. Minseok looked at the offered hand, then up at the brunet’s excited expression before he pulled out his mobile. He stared at the picture of ZiTao he had as his lock screen, the blond rubbing one eye as his hair was a mess and the blankets of Minseok’s bed were a mess around him, and sighed after a long moment.

 

“Why not?” He replied, sliding his mobile back into his pocket before taking the brunet’s hand.