SuChen Special: Last Christmas

Three Halves to Make Me Whole

(( Hello hello~ So a couple of months back one of my best friends Erika wrote me a SuChen fanwork for this series, and I lost my and sent it to Angel and we both agreed that it was perfect :3 And Erika said that it was alright with her to post it here, because it needs love and attention because it is so fantastic that I think I cried when I read it owo 

I wanted to post it a few days after getting it, but then Angel reminded me that no one knew that Jongdae was going to break his arm at the time except her, me, Erika and Debi so I had to be patient xD But it finally fits into the time line of things, so here we go~ ))

 


 

“Baekyhuuun I need you to come over and help me with something,” Jongdae asked his friend over the phone.

Baekhyun let out an annoyed huff, “Did you ever consider that maybe I have plans or a life and can’t always just immediately come over?” 
Jongdae just  laughed at this, “Come on Baek pleeeeeeease, I need help with Joonmyun’s Christmas present.”

Baekhyun just stared at the phone in shock as if it was Jongdae himself. It was literally Christmas Day and he hadn’t gotten his romantic soulmate a gift yet. Baekhyun knew that Jongdae had a certain sense of humor, but if he thought just not giving Joonmyun a gift was funny he needed serious help. “Kim Jongdae are you serious right now? You didn’t get your boyfriend anything! What’s wrong with you. You’re crazy, you’re-”

Before Baekhyun could get into a full rage, Jongdae cut off his yelling, “No, no, no, Baek I have a present I just need you to help me with it. Did you really think I wouldn’t give my precious Joonie a gift? I would never do something so cruel to my princess!”

Baekhyun was relieved but then was immediately wary because with Jongdae and all his innuendos there was only one place his mind went.

“I’m not helping you wrap any weird shaped toys, I’m not gonna help you set up and stuff, and Chanyeol and I are not going to do a ‘group thing’ because I don’t like sharing and I don’t think Joonmyun wants to share you now that your arm is out of the cast,” Baekhyun immediately clarified.

“ No it’s nothing like that,” Jongdae reassured. “Plus, I know what Chanyeol has planned for you later today I would never dream of asking you for a 'group thing’ after that. I don’t think you’d have enough energy.”

“Oh good Joonmyun probably doesn’t want anything for Christmas………” Baekhyun trailed off, “Wait what is Yeol planning? Is that why he’s been giving me looks all day? He’s been grinning at me and when I ask he’s just tells me I’ll know later. Jongdae you gotta tell me!”

“Well you know maybe if you come over and help me I’ll tell you,” Jongdae said knowing that he had won.

“I’ll be over in 5 minutes.”

While waiting for Baekhyun to come over he got the wrapping paper and everything else ready. This year he was giving his Joonie a very…untraditional gift. And soon Baekhyun had just walked in, not even knocking. “So what exactly are we doing? Are you just not able to wrap gifts?”

Jongdae just laughed, “Baekhyun I need you to wrap up my arm.”

Baekhyun just stared at him, “You need me to WHAT?”

“Shhhhhh Baek listen,” Jongdae immediately shushed him. “I have a plan here okay? So Joonie doesn’t know that my arm is better okay? He hasn’t seen me at all since he’s been busy lately so I lied a little and said there was a small issue so it had to stay in the cast a little longer. So I’m surprising him by showing him that I have my arm back.”

“All right, in theory that sounds great,” Bakehyun confessed. “But isn’t you having your arm back only a good thing for you?”

“Nah he’s been way more worried about it than I have,” Jongdae explained. “ And honestly he’s felt bad about any kind of romantic contact we have. He feels like he could be taking advantage of me. Which is crazy by the way. And I can tell he’s been super stressed out lately so I feel like this’ll help him out.”

“All right I’m only doing this because somehow you just made sense. You actually put thought into this so I’ll help you with it. And don’t think I didn’t see the mistletoe you hung up.”

And so after several attempts they had successfully wrapped Jongdae’s arm and put a bow on it. 
———————————–
ChenChen: Hey Joonie~ I’ve got your Christmas present ready. Wanna come over? :3 
Suho_Jun: I don’t have yours ready yet though. Don’t you want to wait? That way we can actually exchange gifts? 
ChenChen: But Jooooooooooooooonie I’ve worked really hard on it and I want you to open it now!
Suho_Jun: Okay, since you’re so excited I guess we can. I’ll be there in a minute.
———————————–
“Baek I know you’re my friend and all so I’m going to very politely to leave because Joonie is going to be here in a minute.”

“But you didn’t tell me about Chanyeol!” Baekhyun protested.

“I know I know but circumstances can’t be helped.” At this point Jongdae was practically pushing his friend out of his apartment with his free arm. “Have a good Christmas Baek!~”

A few minutes later Joonmyun was at his apartment. But unlike Baekhyun he actually knocked.

“Come on in Joonie~ it’s open.”

And so Joonmyun walked into his apartment, “Hey, Merry Christma…….what are you doing?”

“What do you mean? I’m just sitting here,” Jongdae responded back flashing his cat like grin at the other.

“You know it’s things like this that cause the complications that are the reason you’re in this cast for even longer right?” Joonmyun scolded but already moving closer to play along with this. After all it was the holidays.

“Trust me you’ll like it. I promise just unwrap it!”

And so Joonmyeon unwrapped his present very very carefully and was shocked to see Jongdae’s bare arm.

“Wait what?” He asked in shock eyes flitting between Jongdae’s grin and his now healed arm. “I thought you still had a cast on? I thought there were some small fractures that still needed fixed??”

Jongdae laughed, “So I may have told just a teeny tiny Christmas lie. But see it makes this even better doesn’t it?”

Joonmyeon just stared at the other for a moment trying to process all of this. And when it all finally got him he broke out in a huge smile “I can’t believe this! Yes this is absolutely he best thing you could ever give me.” And with that he pulled the other into a long kiss that only ended when they had to break away to breathe. “You know you make my present look bad now right?” Joonmyun joked.

“Oh come on I’m sure it’s great. What was it?”

“I got us couple phone cases,” Joonmyun blushed when he saw the confused look on the other’s face. “I mean we don’t have many couple-y things and you and I first met in person  because I broke mine so I thought it’d be sweet..” he trailed off.

Jongdae was honestly touched that Joonmyun had put so much thought into one gift. He knew that the other had been worried about Christmas as a couple and he had tried to assure Joonmyun that he’d love whatever he got because it was from him but the other didn’t believe him.  But Joonmyun didn’t need to worry so much. This was without a doubt the sweetest thing he’s ever receive. Or was going to receive later.

“Oh Joonie that’s adorable! I’m sure I’ll love them. You can give me mine in the morning.

Now it was Joonmyun’s turn to look confused, "In the morning?”

Jongdae just laughed, “Oh you thought I was done with you already?” And with that pulled the other into another kiss. Tangling his fingers in Joonmyun’s hair. God he’d missed doing that so much. But of course the kiss was once again broken by the need for oxygen.

“So,” Jongdae began conversationally, already grinning about how flustered Joonmyun currently looked, “Next year when I’m singing you Christmas songs I can sing 'Laaaast Christmas I gave you my arm. But the very-’,” he was cut off by a look from Joonmyun.

“I can’t believe you just said that,” but despite the words his tone was still amused and he was slowly leaning in closer to the other anticipating another kiss. “Merry Christmas Jongdae.”

Jongdae gave the other a warm smile before leaning in closer until their foreheads touched. “Merry Christmas Joonmyun.”