30. Other Guys Are Outside My Vision

Three Halves to Make Me Whole

(( Happy New Year~ I hope you all liked the double update for Christmas, because we have another for New Years~ ))

 


Chapter Thirty:
Other Guys Are Outside My Vision

 

 

“Hey Jongdae-Hyung!” The brunet looked over his shoulder, waving with his free hand and pulling Junmyeon to a halt with the arm that was draped around the other’s shoulders as usual. “You’ve gotta give this a try,” Taehyung said, leaning over the front of the dark blue motorcycle he was on. Jongdae dragged Junmyeon along with him over to the younger, releasing him when Taehyung slid off the bike. Jongdae took his place immediately, eyes lighting up as they flickered over to the blond while Taehyung rattled off the different things on the dashboard of the bike and what they meant.

 

“And if you hold the break and reeve the throttle you can pop the front wheel off the ground,” Taehyung added before he moved to stand beside Junmyeon, tossing Jongdae a helmet. Jongdae pulled it on, strapping it tightly into place and shifted to sit more comfortably on the motorcycle.

 

“Watch this Junnie,” Jongdae grinned, taking off down the street. He looped around the block and then back, past the two skidding the rear tire as he tried to turn on a dime and pop the front wheel up. He mostly succeeded in flipping the bike around, though the moment the front wheel tried to come up Jongdae fell off it, the motorcycle falling onto its side in the opposite direction.

 

“Jongdae!” The two exclaimed in unison, Junmyeon running faster the Taehyung, dropping beside the brunet who was curled around his left arm, groaning.
 

“Jongdae, are you alright are you hurt?” He asked, his tone showing his panic as he unfastened the helmet, pulling it off of Jongdae who groaned in response.

 

“Aw… did I s-scare you?” Jongdae asked, wincing as Junmyeon forced him onto his back.

 

“Jongdae, now is not the time, tell me, are you hurt?” Junmyeon demanded, going to grab the arm Jongdae was trying to keep close to himself, flinching back at the pained yelp he received.

 

“I l-landed on my arm,” Jongdae finally admitted, his face scrunched up to shut his eyes tightly as pain sparked through it.

 

“I-I’ll call an ambulance,” Taehyung said and Junmyeon looked up at him, nodding then looked back down at Jongdae.

 

that hurt.”

 

“You are never allowed to drive anything ever again.”

 

 

Junmyeon’s foot tapped worriedly against the off white tiled floor of the waiting room, and he kept checking the time on his mobile as if it would make the door open and Jongdae to emerge unhurt. He was in the waiting room for close to two hours before his name was called and he almost tripped over the coffee table as he stood and crossed the room.

 

“Your friend is going to be fine; it’s simply a broken arm and some scratches from skidding across the pavement. Luckily he was wearing a helmet so we have no worries about any cranial trauma. You’d be surprised how often we see those cases,” The nurse explained as they walked down the hall. She stopped in front of one of the doors, knocking twice before opening the door and gesturing for Junmyeon to enter the room first. He fought the urge to run to the brunet’s side the best he could, taking large strides as Jongdae looked over at him, a goofy smile trailing across his face.

 

“Hey hot stuff, what’s your name? If I knew breaking my arm would get me a really cute nurse, I would have done it years ago.” Junmyeon watched his face for a moment, then looked over to the doctor whom was writing something down in a file that he assumed was Jongdae’s. “What’s with all the floating people in the room?” The two looked to Jongdae who was staring across the room at the curtain that divided the room into two.

 

“The… what?”

 

“The floating people.”

 

“Jongdae, those are balloons.”

 

“No I’m pretty sure they’re floating people.”

 

“Is he… alright?” The blind asked, catching the attention of the doctor who looked from Jongdae to Junmyeon with a small smile.

 

“He’s fine. We gave him really strong medication because of the break in his arm,” He explained, standing from the stool he was sitting on and walking over to the x-ray chart to point out the bones as he spoke. “The bone was split her and here, severing a portion of the bone from the rest and it ended up lodging itself diagonally between the gap. We had to dislodge it and reset it and that’s a lot of pain for someone to take, so we gave him the option or the stronger anesthetic. He’s also on a strong pain killer for his first three days of recovery.”
 

The doctor stepped back over to the desk that had the file he had been working ion was on. “Then… high dosage ibuprofen every six hours for at least four weeks, then as needed for another four, along with checkups twice a month to make sure he’s healing properly.” He finished, signing the prescription he had filled out. Jongdae took it, sliding it into his wallet before he made his way back over to Jongdae.

 

“Come on, time to go.”

 

“Where we going’?”

 

“My place.”

 

“Damn, you’re fast.” Jongdae grinned ad Junmyeon rolled his eyes, helloing Jongdae sit up. He slumped against Junmyeon’s shoulder, his good arm coming up to press his hand to the blond’s cheek. “Your face is so soft.”

 

“How long is he going to be like this?” Junmyeon asked s the nurse came in with a wheel chair, helping Junmyeon get the brunet into it.

 

“A couple of hours, and probably for about an hour after he takes each dose of the strong pain killer the next few days,” The doctor replied, pulling a small sigh from Junmyeon, Jongdae rolling his head back to look up at whim as he stood behind the wheel chair. The nurse went with him, helping Junmyeon get Jongdae out of the wheel chair and into his car before wishing them a safe trip home and returning into the hospital building. Junmyeon closed Jongdae’s door, looping around the car and getting in, starting it.

 

“Skipping work to take me home? Why not drag me into one of the storage closets like they do on dramas-”

 

“For the love of god Jongdae, please stop talking.”

 

“Ooh, Nurse likes ‘em quiet.” Junmyeon’s head thanked against the steering wheel.

 

“Stop calling me nurse,”

 

“Well you seem to know what name you’ll be screaming, what should I be calling you?” Junmyeon’s head jerked up from the wheel as it turned to the others, his cheeks darker than the spot on his forehead from where it had met the steering wheel.

 

“I’m your boyfriend Junmyeon,” He stated and the other stared blankly at him for a moment before his grin returned.

 

“No, no, that’s my line.” He replied, the blond groaning as he gave up and put the car in drive.

 

 

Yixing looked very amused any time that Junmyeon asked for help over the next few days when Jongdae’s medication made him hard to manage. He also enjoyed telling Jongdae about the different things he said and did while medicated, as Junmyeon was often too embarrassed to repeat any of it

 

“As mucus he may ask like he’s annoyed with all of this, he really is worried about you,” Yixing said, setting a cup of coffee of the table in front of the brunet. Jongdae looked over his shoulder at where Junmyeon as sloped over the arm of the couch; it was completely unlike the way he usually slept either flat on his back or n his side with only a slight curve to his frame.

 

“I saw a lot of his worrying when he was mothering you when you were sick at the hand of the half-term break,” He replied, turning back to his coffee, sing it to wash down his pain pill, catching the smile Yixing was giving him.

 

“He loves you, that’s just part of loving someone,” The bond said, sipping the hot cocoa bin his own coffee mug.


 

Despite Jongdae saying that he could take care of himself after he got off the heavy medication, Junmyeon still refused to let him spend the night by himself.

 

“If you wanted to move in with me, Junnie, you could have just asked,” Jongdae grinned as the blond came into the room with a small suitcase of clothes. Junmyeon stared at him for a moment before turning around and starting to hang his clothes up in the wardrobe.

 

“This is just going to make going to class easier because after I get you off of me and go take a shower, I won’t have to put your clothes on to go next door and finished getting ready.”

 

“Sure Junnie, whatever you say,” Jongdae mused, carefully rolling onto his back and resting his cast over his stomach.

 

“If you don’t listen to me I isn’t think I can expect this guy in my communications class to.”

 

“Yifan-hyung? Or Minseok-Hyung?”

 

“Neither, he’s part of one of the other groups. The last thing I thought I gave off would be a vibe of my preference.”

 

“Really? I picked it up pretty easily,” Jongdae stated, Junmyeon frowning a lite. “Why else do you think I would let myself get interested and flirt with you?”

 

“But I imagine you would stop if I said I was uninterested or taken,” Junmyeon pointed out, turning to face Jongdae. “No the case with this guy,” He added and the brunet sat straight up.

 

“Want me to kick his ? Jongdae asked and  Junmyeon stared at him for a moment.

 

“You have a broken arm.”

 

“So what if I have a broken arm, I’ll still do it!” Jongdae exclaimed, standing up from the bed and placing his good armed hand on his hip. A smile teased the corner of Junmyeon’s lips and he turned back to putting his closes in the drawer.

 

“I’m going to need you to put some underwear on before you say anything else,” He said, Jongdae looking down before shrugging and sitting and sitting back down on the bed.

 

“But I have a broken arm.”

 

“That doesn’t mean you get to walk around .”

 

“You just want to keep me all to yourself,” The brunet grinned, getting a wadded up pair of boxers thrown at him. He did his best to get the boxers on, and they were half way up his calves when Junmyeon swatted his hand away and pulled the up the rest of the way. The bond walked over to the wardrobe, pulling out a short sleeved shirt and gently managing to get it past Jongdae’s cast and on him. Next came his sweater and Junmyeon nudged Jongdae to spread his legs so he could pull the sweater over his head, pausing at the glint in the brunet’s eyes.

 

“What is it now?”

 

“Nothing, I’m just used to you helping me out of my clothes, this is an interesting change of pace.” Junmyeon paused, then pulled he sweater down, trapping the brunet’s arms inside of it before he turned and started for the bedroom door. “Babe! Wait! Don’t leave me like this, I don’t get off on denial!”

 

“I don’t believe you.”

 

“Okay, I get off when I deny you, but not when it happens to me” Jongdae whined, trying to struggle in his sweater prison, and wincing when pain sparked through his arm, causing him to stop fighting the sweater. Junmyeon looking back at him, sighing and turning to face him.

 

“Are you going to behave?”

 

“Things are always more fun when I don’t though.”

 

“I can and will leave.”

 

“Aw, but I thought you loved me, Junnie,” Jongdae said, pouting and Junmyeon stared at him, cocking an eyebrow. “Yes I’ll behave, but only because this isn’t a fun way to be restricted.”