28. When the stars came out that night you and Jupiter conspired to get a happy guy like me

Three Halves to Make Me Whole

(( Hello hello~ Happy Christmas to those who celebrate ^^ Since Angel and I do, we decided we should give you all a present~ with a double update <3 This chapter, I love it so much, and Forget You by Cady Groves is such an important Fanxing song to me >w<

I hope you are all safe and don't have to spend too much time with people you aren't comforable around :3 I am here if anyone wants to talk~



Bonded pairs so far:
Romantic~
BaekYeol
KaiSoo
SuChen
HunHan

Platonic~
ChanSoo
SuLay
BaekChen
SeKai
XiuHan
))


Chapter Twenty-Eight
When the Stars Came Out that Night
You and Jupiter Conspired to Get
A Happy Guy Like Me

Yixing smiled and gave a wave to Junmyeon and Jongdae as the younger was dragging the blond towards the front door.

 

“Yixing, are you sure you don’t want to come out with us?” Junmyeon asked, all but clinging to the door frame.

 

“Junnie, I think Yixing-hyung’s tired of playing third, fifth and seventh wheel,” Jongdae stated, trying to pull on the other’s arm again. “He’ll be fine, he’s a big boy.” Junmyeon opened his mouth to argue, voice catching as Yixing spoke.

 

“You don’t need to worry so much about me, Junmyeon, I’ll be fine. Please, go and enjoy yourself.” Junmyeon stopped resisting and the force that Jongdae had been using almost sent the pair to the floor.

 

“Alright. Call me if you need anything,” Junmyeon said in a slow, slightly defeated sounding voice, to which Yixing nodded and gave another wave. He pulled out his mobile, now realizing that he probably should have asked Yifan for his number and smiled at the time. Not long now.

 

Getting up from the couch he padded into his and Junmyeon’s room, changing into a pair of jeans and a large gray sweater, running his fingers through his hair to fix the strands that had gotten out of place. He made his way into the kitchen, putting a kettle on the stove and grabbing a large thermos along with the container of cocoa powder from the cabinet. He started scooping cocoa powdering the thermos, attention drawn to the kettle as he began to whistle, taking it off of the stove.

 

He paused as he turned back to the thermos, not sure what number of scoops he had already put into it, and placing four more in before pouring water in half way. He pulled out a wooden spoon from one of the kitchen drawers, stirring the mixture before filling the thermos the rest of the way. Screwing on the thermos’ lid he placed the wooden spoon into the sink, the cocoa powder back into the cupboard and he picked up the thermos along with a pair of coffee mugs, slipping them into a shoulder bag. He made his way over to the closet, opening it and pulling out the fluffiest blanket he could find, setting it beside the bag as he slid on his shoes. Making sure to grab his keys along with the other things he made his way from the dorm, hugging the blanket tightly to his chest.

 

Yixing got to the school early, but that gave him time to look around and find the perfect spot to lay to the blanket, situating himself just off center, holding the thermos close to his chest. Perhaps he should have brought a second blanket; it was colder than he had been expecting. He checked the time on his mobile, noting that he had enough time to hurry back to the dorm and get more blankets, but when he looked up from his mobile and his eyes adjusted back to the dark he saw Yifan making his way over to him.

 

“This seems like an odd time to meet,” Yifan said, Yixing smiling and patting the blanket beside him. Yifan hesitated and Yixing felt his smile falter a little, the older looking around before sitting beside him.

 

“Junmyeon isn’t hiding in the shadows like a disapproving parent,” Yixing said, noticing Yifan tense.

 

“That’s-” Yifan stopped when Yixing giggled, looking down at the thermos in his lap.

 

“Jongdae told me that he tried to scare you off. I was worried that you would tell me no when I asked you to meet me, or that you might say yes and then decide that you didn’t want to risk running into him. But Jongdae made sure to take him somewhere on the other side of town and said he would take Junmyeon to his apartment after instead of the one he and I share together…” The blond rambled, messing with the lid of the thermoses little. “… In the chance that this went well and you… wanted to come home with me,” He added softly. Yifan’s eyebrows came together from the raised position they had been until the other’s final statement.

 

“Junnie here is just worried and trying to look out for Yixing-Hyung because that’s not an interest of his.”

 

“He’s aual.”

 

He had finally found out what that meant for people, and it didn’t fit with what going home with someone after a date tended to mean. Yifan opened his mouth and Yixing looked up at him as the older tried a few time to say something.

 

“You’re aual.” Yifan felt like smacking himself and Yixing blinked before giving a single nod.

 

“Yes, what does that…?” He trailed off, confusion glinting in his eyes, causing Yifan to cover his own with his hands, feeling like a huge ert.

 

“Most people use ‘come and stay the night’ as code for telling someone you want to have with them.” The blond was so innocent; no wonder Junmyeon was so protective of him. Yifan lowered his hands when he heard Yixing’s giggles again.

 

“My platonic soulmate’s boyfriend is an expert in innuendos, you would think I would have learned that one by now,” He said through his giggles and Yifan relaxed as his confusion dissolved. “I remember you saying that you’re in charge of a dorm with three first years, I was thinking more than you would like a break from watching over them, longer than sitting out here for a couple hours.”

 

“Which leads to my next confusion: it’s almost ten at night, why are we out in the field behind the school?” Yixing smiled then pointed up at the sky, Yifan following his gesture with his eyes, and they widened.

 

“I always see you painting space and stars when we’re allowed to choose what we work on in art. So I looked up when was supposed to be the best date and time for star gazing.” Yifan looked back to Yixing, his hear skipping a beat at the smile that had dimple poking into the blond’s cheek. Yifan knew that he watched Yixing a lot; was there was chance that Yixing had been as aware of him as he had been of Yixing?

 

Yixing looked down at his thermos, unscrewing the top and digging into the bag to pull out one of the coffee mugs. He filled it with the hot cocoa, offering it to Yifan before filling the other cup for himself and closing the thermos. He looked over at Yifan as the older took a sip, giggling at the wince he gave and he took a sip of his own.

 

“I lost track of how many scoops I had put into it,” He admitted, his lips clean of the super-rich liquid. “You don’t have to drink it,” Yixing added as Yifan took another sip.

 

“It’s just… sweeter than I was expecting is all,” he replied. Two cups later Yifan set his empty cup beside the thermos, noticing now Yixing tried to keep his hands on in. He turned his attention back to the sky when Yixing pointed up.

 

“What’s that one?”

 

“Which one?” Yifan asked with a chuckle and Yixing scooted closer to try and make it easier for Yifan to see where he was pointing.

 

 

“Yixing, you’re shivering a lot,” Yifan said an hour after, Yixing turning to protest when he seeded and Yifan gave his head a small shake. “Let’s get you back to your apartment before you catch a cold,” He said, standing and offering his hand to help Yixing up. The blond had sneezed three more times by the time they headed away from the field, sniffling as they walked back to the apartment complex. Once they arrived he pulled out his keys, unlocking and opening the door, stepping in as Yifan trailed in behind him.

 

“Where should I put the blanket?” Yifan asked and Yixing pointed to the closet, disappearing into the kitchen to rinse out the thermos. Yifan slid off his shoes before putting the blanket away, then padded to where Yixing was in the kitchen. Once the blond finished cleaning out the thermos and coffee mugs, he turned to face Yifan, smiling up at him.

 

“You never said if you wanted to stay the night or not,” He pointed out and Yifan swallowed hard, looking away and rubbing the back of his neck.

 

“I don’t see a problem with saying the night,” He replied, Yixing’s smile brightening. He took Yifan’s hand in both of his, tugging him towards his and Junmyeon’s room, pausing when Yifan resisted.

 

“W-what are you doing?” The older simmered.

 

“Taking you to my room?” Yixing said, his tone showing he was just as confused by Yifan’s stopping, but let go of his hand.

 

“I can sleep on the couch,” Yifan protested, starting towards it.

 

“I wouldn’t sleep on that if I were you.” Yifan froze, staring at the couch for a long moment before he looked back to Yixing. He blond offered his hand to Yifan, who took it gently and allowed himself to be pulled to the closed door.

 

“Where do you plan to have me sleep then?” he asked, Yixing pointing to the bed on the far side of the room.

 

“My bed.” Yifan blinked slowly, and Yixing giggled.

 

“What about that bed?” He asked, pointing to the one of the other side of the room.

 

“I wouldn’t sleep on that for the same reason as the couch.” Yifan felt a blush creep up his neck and he covered his face with the hand Yixing wasn’t holding captive, taking a deep breath.

 

“Your… roommate is a very interesting person,” he stated, feeling Yixing’s grip go almost limp. He lowered his hand to see the younger’s gaze on the floor and a confused look crossed Yifan’s face. “Yixing?”

 

“Junmyeon isn’t just my roommate, he’s one of my soulmates. I would appreciate it if you wouldn’t refer to him like that ever again.” Yifan swallowed hard before giving Yixing’s hand a small squeeze, the other looking up at him from under his eyelashes.

 

“I promise I won’t do that again,” He said, feeling unease take over his stomach as Yixing stare at him for what felt like ten minutes. Eventually a small smile crossed his lips.

 

“I forgive you,” he replied, Yifan feeling the tension seep out of his shoulders. “Now, do you need something to sleep in?” he asked, starting for the wardrobe on the other side of his bed, taking Yifan along with him. The older shook his head, cracking a smile.

 

“Yixing, I’m bigger than you, I really don’t think your sleep pants will fit me,” He replied and Yixing tuned around to face him.

 

“Do you want to sleep in your boxers then? Jeans aren’t really comfortable to sleep in,” Yixing suggested, watching Yifan’s cheeks tint. He smiled at the older before going back into the living room and returning with an armful of blankets, dropping them besides bead and starting to spread them out. Yifan’s eyebrows knit together then the blond started to slide under some of the blankets he had put down, stepping towards him.

 

“What are you doing now?” he asked and Yixing looked up at him.

 

“Sleeping on the floor.”

 

“Why?”

 

“So you can sleep on my bed. It’s too small for two people, and you’re my guest so there’s no way I would make you sleep on the floor,” he replied and Yifan shook his head.

 

“I don’t want you to sleep in the floor, you should sleep in your bed,” Yifan argued kneeling down and picking the blond up with more ease than he had expected, plopping him onto his mattress. Yixing puffed out his cheeks and Yifan bit the inside of his own to stifle a laugh. “I’m perfectly content sleeping on the floor, it’s fine,” He added, dropping onto the pile of blankets and getting under a couple of them before Yixing could try to sneak back under them. The younger’s pout eased and he laid down after Yifan had, shifting onto his stomach, his head turned to Yifan.

 

“Thank you for spending the night with me,” he said, pulling a smile across Yifan’s lips.

 

“I should be the one thanking you,” he replied, Yixing smiling back before yawning. “Sleep well,” Yifan said and Yixing nodded.

 

“Sweet dreams.”
 

 

Yifan’s eyes scrunched up when he became aware of something resting on his chest. He yawned, draping his arm around the warm figure and relaxed. ZiTao’s finally getting close to me again, he thought, smiling. He smile was pulled from his face at the sleepy whine than the figure let out. Yifan blinked his eyes open, staring up at the unfamiliar ceiling before down at the figure laying on him, his heart leaping into his throat at the sleeping Yixing who had one arm and leg draped over Yifan’s chest, the rest of him mostly onto of the older as well.

 

“Y-Yixing,” he tried met with another sleepy whine as the blond shifted closer, proving Yifan wrong in the thought that he wouldn’t be able to. “Yixing please, wake up,” he said, filching when he heard a soft clang form the other side of the bedroom door, pulling his attention to it. He looked back to Yixing when the weight on his chest shifted, forcing himself to take a slow, even breath as Yixing either didn’t notice or care that he was completely straddling Yifan’s chest after he sat up, rubbing one of his eyes.

 

“Yixing, why aren’t you in your bed?” Yifan asked, the blond looking over at it.

 

“I fell out of it. It’s small, so sometimes I do that,” he replied, looking back at Yifan. “Good morning,” he added with a smile, finally climbing off Yifan who shook his head as he couldn’t help but return the smile.

 

“Good morning,” he said, his smile faltering when Yixing’s did as he was looking at the door. Yixing stood and padded over to the door, opening it a little and tensing. He squeezed through the door, opening it only as much as he needed to, closing it quickly behind himself.

 

“Yixing, you’re awake,” Junmyeon said, peeking out of the kitchen.

 

“Yeah.  Thought you were staying with Jongdae…”

 

“You said yesterday that you still weren’t feeling well, so I came home early to make you breakfast,” Junmyeon replied with a smile, going back to the stove as Yixing padded up to him. “You should be in bed, come on, I’ll tuck you in,” Junmyeon said, taking Yixing’s hand in his own and the blond tensed, forcing a cough.

 

“I can go back to bed on my own but we… we’re out of cold medicine, and my throat really hurts,” he said, forcing a pitiful excuse for a whine as he rubbed his throat. “Can you go to the store and get something to make me feel better?” he asked, Junmyeon pausing “Please?” He added, pouting his lips and fluttering his eyelashes.

 

“O-of course Yixing,” He said, pulling Yixing into a gentle hug. He hurried back into the kitchen, moving the pan of pancakes off the burner and pulling off his apron before he made his way to the front door. “You go back to bed, I’ll only be gone a little while.” Yixing nodded, reaching behind himself and opening the bedroom door as soon as Junmyeon closed the front door.

 

“You have to leave.”

 

“What?

 

“You have to leave, now, before Junmyeon comes back,” Yixing rushed, grabbing Yifan’s hand and tugging on it until the other stood. Yixing knelt down, grabbing Yuan’s jeans and jacket, shoving them into the older’s arms before pulling him by one from the room. He added Yifan’s shoes to the pile in the his arms, unlocking and opening the door, pushing Yifan out into the hall.

 

“See you in class,” he added, stretching up and pecking Yifan’s cheek before shutting the door, leaving Yifan standing in the hall, confusion the only thing on his face. When he heard a whistle he blinked, looking to the brunet leaning against the door of the next apartment.

 

“Conquered the aual in one night huh? Maybe you do have a dragon in your pants,” Jongdae grinned.

 

“What?” Yifan asked, Jongdae’s eyes flickering down then back to Yifan’s face, Yifan looking down. The rush Yixing had been in had him standing there in his shirt and boxers only, his face burning when he looked back up at Jongdae.

 

“You’ve got to teach me your secret.”

“It’s not like that!”