Trap

They're Zombies, We're Survivors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Season 2 Chapter 5                                                                                                                              Hours had already passed and the afternoon heat was crawling to all of them. It was supposed to be a carefree day but instead, because Kyungsoo noticed a lack of noise because of Kai and Tao- He was beginning to get worried. The squared boy toddled over to the main hut where Yoora was. She was not scary to him and he had no idea why people found her intimidating. It’s because you both are scary, that was what Suho grumbled to him before when he asked him why he was so afraid of the 174 cm girl.

“Noona?” He called and the girl turned around, flashing him a genuine smile as it reached her eyes. They had become close over the days since they both spent time in the kitchen together cooking. The rest would usually do labor work while they would talk about things and they both found each other comfortable.

“Mhmm.. Kyungsoo-ah.” She greeted as she placed a clay bowl on the table and sat down, waiting. She looked forward to conversations with him. Kyungsoo was a smart boy, very intellectual and very good with articulating his words. However, today, he was different and he didn’t look excited for their small talk session… Instead, his eyebrows were furrowed and he eyes were shifty. “Noona… Kai and Tao aren’t back yet.” He told her and her eyes widened at the realization. She thought they had come back but now that she looked around, she couldn’t hear neither their laughter nor their constant yakking that would often irritate her.   “Didn’t they say they would go shower? They should be back by now. Did you check the other huts? Maybe they are playing somewhere.” “I did.” His reply was simple but it wasn’t serious enough to make Yoora take him seriously. She knew how Kai and Tao were, the way they had a free spirit and as much as she felt uneasy that they weren’t back- there was still a huge possibility that they were just hanging around. “They’ll be back soon. They probably got fascinated by something… You know how they are.” She smiled at him and patted his cheek so lovingly the men would turn green with envy because she was never that way even to Ellie or Lil’Nugget.   Kyungsoo knew he shouldn’t worry but when he left the hut he could not help but find himself looking for Luhan. He knew Yixing would be too busy with his machine, Kris and Baekyoung would tell him to wait a little bit more- the two were like twins, Suho would be too scared to go out with him. The hobbit like boy trotted to one of the huts and he pushed the door open, his eyes squinting at the minimal amount of lights that made it through the closed straw windows. “Hyung?” Kyungsoo asked, the body on the bed not moving an inch. Luhan was sleeping with his shirt off and Kyungsoo made his way to the Chinese male, a hand tapping on Luhan’s forehead.   “Hyung.” He tried again, his eyebrows furrowing with frustration. When there was no response, he growled a bit, pursing his lips together and stamping a foot onto the ground before belting out the highest he could of his vocal range. “LUHAN HYUNG!!” The yell worked and Luhan shot up, his eyes half open as he scrambled onto the bed and was about to run out the door when he saw the owl-eyed boy looking at him. “Ky-Kyungs-soo…” Luhan began, his lips returning back to their original color as he placed a hand on his racing heart. “Aish! Don’t do that to me ever again!” Luhan bellowed back, half fuming half flustered. Kyungsoo merely stared at him. “Kai isn’t back yet.” Kyungsoo began. “He should have be back but he’s taking forever.” “Only Kai?” Luhan asked, looking around for a shirt to slip on, grabbing one by the floor and smelling it before tugging it over his head. “Tao too.” “Why did you wake me up then?” “No one wants to listen to me.” “Well, that’s a first.” Luhan snickered. Everyone listened to Kyungsoo when he spoke- he had that silent power. “Hyung, I’m serious. It’s been hours. They don’t go out for this long.” Kyungsoo insisted, his hands going to fists when Luhan walked to the window and opened it. The sunlight went to his eyes and he staggered back, blocking it away from his pupils. “So you want me to go out and find them?” “Just to make sure they are safe.” Kyungsoo nodded, feeling relieved that Luhan was finally getting his point. “If they are safe then I’ll never bother you again. I’ll go with you.” “For some reason, I think you’re more worried of Kai than Tao.”   Kyungsoo kept quiet because as unbiased he did not want to be, the person he was worried about was Kai. He chewed on his bottom lip, Luhan looking around for a stick he could use in case he ran into creatures he did not want to run into. Suddenly the hut door opened and Sehun walked in, the boy was also top and he took in the fact that Kyungsoo was in the same hut as Luhan when both of them did not really talk as much. “Kyungsoo hyung- What are you doing here?” “I just asked Luhan to help me with something.” Kyungsoo said as Luhan finally found a long branch under the bed. Yoora had told them to keep it in their rooms in case zombies found their way to them in the middle of the night. Luhan sat on the bed, grabbing a sharp rock he kept by the side of his bed and began to rub it against the tip of the long branch to sharpen it. “What is the favor?” Sehun asked, curious. “Kai and Tao. They aren’t back yet.” “They aren’t?” Sehun frowned and looked out of the open door. “It’s been so long though?” “Exactly.” Kyungsoo butted in, happy that Sehun agreed with him. “I’m going with Luhan hyung just to check on them. No one ever showers that long.” “Unless they aren’t showering.” Luhan answered in an suggestive tone and Kyungsoo turned to glare at him. “Kai wouldn’t.”   “Can I go with you?” Sehun asked, his eyes on the branch Luhan was sharpening but Luhan looked up and shook his head. “No.” Luhan’s voice was firm and Kyungsoo thought that Luhan would make a scary father. “I want to go. You never let me do anything.” “I said no.” Luhan repeated, not backing down as he stood up and squinted at the end of the branch to check if it was pointed enough and Sehun crossed his arms. Sehun’s gaze was pointed and he also didn’t seem like he would back down. He looked like a rebel, his eyes turning into slits at the older boy. Kyungsoo slowly backed away against the wall as he sensed a fight arising. “I’m going.” “Don’t argue with me, Sehun.” “I said I’m going!” Sehun ‘s voice rose and Luhan looked up surprised at how rebellious Sehun was acting against him. “Why are you acting like a child?” Luhan shot back and Sehun made a face at him. “You keep treating me like a child, Hyung! I’ll show you how a child acts.”   Luhan rubbed his eyes tiredly and sighed, turning to Kyungsoo who as witnessing what seemed like a small argument. The Chinese male threw the branch he was holding to Sehun and the younger boy caught it with ease. Luhan looked around for another one and when he found one, he sat and began to sharpen it again. “Kyungsoo.” Luhan said, not looking up. “Stay here and tell the others Sehun and I are going to go find Kai and Tao. We’ll be back before twilight.”   Kyungsoo had no choice but to back against the wall and slide towards the door. When he reached the door, he bolted out of it faster than lightning. Luhan took a few more minutes to finish what he was doing, both of them quiet as they stood up and headed towards the woods.   Their feet dragged against the leaves on the forest ground and Luhan grumpily dragged the branch after him. He drew a breath, obviously in a bad mood at Sehun who, for the first time, argued against him. Sehun trailed behind Luhan leisurely, the maknae not understanding why Luhan was so upset. All he wanted was to go with him, what was the big deal? As they walked in silence, Sehun’s mind drifted back to the beginning as he stared at Luhan’s back that was turned at him. “Hyung.” Sehun called out, bouncing up to Luhan as he caught up with the older boy. Luhan did not turn but he stopped walking and Sehun placed a hand on Luhan’s arm, both of them walking down the path they saw Kai and Tao take. Luhan remained quiet, their legs heading forward following the arrows on the trees. Sehun was deep in thought and Luhan could not help but feel guilty for ignoring Sehun. He sighed to himself, reaching to grab Sehun’s hand with his and held it as they walked, swinging it back and forth. Sehun’s lips spread into a small smile as he tightened his hand against Luhan.   “Hyung.. What are we?” Sehun suddenly asked, Luhan turning to look at the young boy who asked him a very innocent but important question. “What do you mean, “What are we?”” Luhan asked back, rubbing his thumb against Sehun’s hand. “When we’re alone you act all jealous and protective but when we’re with the others, you try to hide it as much as possible.” “I don’t.” Luhan defended himself, shaking his head. “Yes, you do.” Sehun answered, stubbornly. He stopped walking and turned to Luhan, a hand going to Luhan’s waist to pull him closer. Sehun leaned down to peck Luhan on the lips, his lips brushing gently against the Chinese male. Both their eyes fluttered close and it dawned to them that this was their first kiss- they have always thought of each other as brothers and even if other people teased them they never took it seriously. But this time, the innocent press of their lips against each other proved them wrong.   When Sehun backed up, Luhan’s skin was flushed and Sehun turned pink. They stared at each other for awhile before they both snickered, Luhan pulling Sehun down for another kiss. Sehun wrapped his arms around the older boy, their bodies molded tightly against each other. As they’re lips parted, they found themselves drunk in a kiss they have never experienced with each other before. It took their all to part from each other, Luhan pushing Sehun’s hair away from his forehead. “Now that you asked, what are we?” Luhan questioned and Sehun dragged his lips over his lower lip. “I don’t know too.” Sehun answered and Luhan took his hand, to keep walking. “Don’t ask me a question you don’t have an answer to.” “I don’t know, that’s why I ask you.” “Aren’t you happy the way we are? Do we really need a title?” Luhan asked as the waterfall came in sight.   There was a pause and Sehun did not answer, Luhan’s hand dropped from his grip as Luhan walked forward to inspect the waterfall when he heard Sehun say something. “Hyung… Let’s be….”   “….” Luhan turned back, raising an eyebrow at the nervous Sehun who shuffled his feet back and forth.   “Let’s be lovers.”   __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________   Meanwhile back in the hut was occupied by Kris and Chanyeol hanging up clothes. They wrung each of their tattered clothes, squeezing out all of the water from it. The people had made a long string of tree vines and they used it to dry the clothes they wash. Kris flickered his eyes to the side seeing Lil’Nugget and Ellie laughing- the copper haired girl pulling the child to her just to lean down to kiss her on the cheek. “Stare at her more than that I would think you were in love with her.” Chanyeol stated, his eyes going to Kris and Kris chuckled, turning back to hang up his clothes. “I’m attracted to her.” Kris answered, grabbing another shirt and wringing it tightly as the water hit his feet, and he shook his leg. He shook the wet shirt,, spraying water everywhere, Chanyeol covering his face. “Well, everyone does get attracted to her until they find out how ed up she is.” Chanyeol answered, lifting a shoulder. “Now, that was mean.” “It’s true. Ellie is pretty ed up. You think she’s sweet and loving but that girl is a psychopath.” “I thought she grew up with you. Does everyone who stay in your household end up weird?” “I am not weird.” Chanyeol kicked Kris’s shin and Kris jumped to the side. “She had a boyfriend before, Ellie- Almost killed him. Beat him up like pulp.” “W-What…” “Couldn’t help it. The guy was abusive. Used her for and she would show up with bruises but she couldn't say anything because the guy was our family’s business partner. Kept it quiet from me and Yoora because she didn’t want to ruin our business ties.” “So she punched him?” “You kidding me? She held a gun to his brain. Well, yeah. At first she punched him, then she held a gun to his head.” “Who gave her a gun?” “Me.” Chanyeol chuckled, turning to look over at the two but they were gone. He arched his back backwards but the two were nowhere to be found. “Oh, they’re gone.” “Probably playing somewhere.” Kris answered, finishing the last batch when a loud scream could be heard from the woods and they turned around to see Baekhyun, Yoora, Kyungsoo, Suho and Minseok running towards the direction of the scream.   “What happened?” Chanyeol asked and Kris shook his head, bolting towards the scream along with the others. Chanyeol sighed, throwing the shirt he was wringing to the side, his long legs running to towards the forest. When they reached there they knew why Lil’ Nugget was screaming. Ellie was on top of a tree (What was with her and trees?) and the tree itself was surrounded by seven zombies. Everyone stopped, not able to go in to help her at the amount of creatures there. Lil’ Nugget was running towards them, ducking out of the zombie’s sight, her face filled with tears. “Kreeese! Beek!” She said as her gaze stopped at Kris and Baekhyun and she ran into Baekhyun’s arms, Alberto following her. “I… follow chicken into forest! People eat people man come out and I hide but Ellie too big to hide!”   “. There are so many of them.” “Not that many.” Baekhyun said. “We should just distract them and do what we always do, kill them like we did before.” “You crazy? We used to have weapons before. We only have branches and rocks now, the knives we have aren’t nearly as sharp as the things we used before!” Kyungsoo said to Baekhyun and the little boy kept quiet. Kris was about to stand to fight with the zombies that were trying to shake t
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter