For You

For You

 

Joonmyeon pushes the door slowly, peeking his head inside a little. "Yifan?"

 

"Look, look! Isn't he pretty? Is he mine, you know? Hehehe..."

 

"I know he's yours. The whole world knows. So get up already."

 

Joonmyeon opens the door fully and sees a small back crouching on the floor. "Baek." The male turns to him and he can hear a huff of relief from the younger amist the loud music that is echoeing throughout the room.

 

"Hyung. Thank goodness. I can't handle it anymore."

 

Joonmyeon smiles as Baekhyun stands up and walks to him. He scans the younger before wrapping his arms around him, patting Baekhyun's back. "I am sorry." He chuckles and earns another sigh. "Thank you." He pulls away, staring at Baekhyun for a moment and shakes his head at the younger's messed up hair. He was preparing to go to bed when he recived a call from Baekhyun, asking to save him from a giant that is acting like a baby giant. Baekhyun's cousin that work at the place recognized Yifan as his friend but he didn't know who so told to come over. The younger quickly called him when he saw it was Yifan that is giggling silently while looking at his phone.

 

"He's your problem now, okay? Okay. I'm going to continue my Harry Potter marathon."

 

Joonmyeon nods, hands fixing the younger's locks. "Sorry." He sees Baekhyun closing his eyes in defeat as the younger walks pass him. He waits until the door closed before shifting his gaze to a corner where a figure is sitting on the floor, knees pressed against his chest, cradling a phone. A gentle smile graces his sculptured face as he stares at the phone. 

 

"Oh, hyung."

 

Joonmyeon looks over his shoulder at the door and sees Baekhyun standing between the tiny opening. "Hm?"

 

"Happy birthday again."

 

Joonmyeon smiles as the younger disappears behind the door. It is his birthday today. He glances at his wrist watch. Well, yesterday actually. It is already 2.30 in the morning, the day after his birthday, and he, Baekhyun and several other of their friends just celebrated it a few hours ago. He turns back to the figure that is still sitting on the floor, still cradling a phone with a smile still plastered on his face. Except for him. "Yifan..."

 

"Hehehe... Hi, you..."

 

Joonmyeon shakes his head, eyes fix at Yifan that is talking while looking at his phone. He walks over and pauses at the coffee table, grabbing the remote control and turning off the karaoke machine. The room is now fill with a slow tune as the karaoke system has return back to its main menu and he takes several more steps before stopping right in front of Yifan, crouching down to meet with the male's eyes. "Yifan, hey, let's go home."

 

"Hm?"

 

Joonmyeon smiles when Yifan blinking rapidly as he tries to fix his gaze at him. He can smell alcohol around the male but just faintly. Although Yifan has this stoic, cold guy face whenever he isn't smiling, he is actually a very gentle person. People often mistaken him for able to take his alcohol strongly because of that but Yifan couldn't even finish one regular glass, let alone a bottle. So, it is really a rare sight to see Yifan being drunk and tipsy. "Yifan..."

 

"Mister waiter! Here, here! Let me show you something!"

 

Joonmyeon startles a little when Yifan suddenly pulled him by his arm, forcing him to sit beside him on the floor. He smiles as Yifan scoots a little closer, pressing their shoulders together, leaving no gap between them. He finds it cute that Yifan mistook him as a waiter and snakes his hand under Yifan's arm, placing it over the lean muscle gently. "Show me what?" He hums, liking the warmth that is slowly spreading all over his body.

 

"You see this beautiful person? His name is Kim Joonmyeon and he is the love of my life."

 

Joonmyeon tilts his head a little to look at Yifan's phone and sees his picture on the screen.

 

"Isn't he beautiful? I love this picture the most. He looked the prettiest at that time."

 

Joonmyeon stares at his picture. He had a smile on his face and it was his usual smile. Nothing special about it. He glances at Yifan. "But, he looks normal to me." He sees Yifan shaking his head, completely disagree with his statement.

 

"It because you weren't there. If... if you were, you will fall for him too... just like me... Hehehe..."

 

Joonmyeon doesn't know how to react to that because he was definitely there, his picture was taken after all. It just, he didn't fall for himself, he fall for the person that was taking his picture. He looks closely at the picture and something flickers as the memories of the day that picture was taken flood into his mind. "You still have it?"

 

"I do. Hehehe... It has been two years and I still have it, mister. How... how can I delete it? We were having our first date that day..."

 

Joonmyeon nods, his lips slowly bloom into a smile at Yifan's words. Their first date after becoming official a few days before. He remembers how nervous Yifan looked while he was waiting for him inside the coffee shop they promised to meet. He couldn't do anything as he himself was pacing around outside the coffee, worried what Yifan will think about him because he was pretty sure he overdressed that day. And Yifan's suprised look when he finally approached him comfirmed it.

 

"You know, I... I still remember how shocked I was when... when he stood before me and... and he looked so..."

 

Joonmyeon inhales. He never really ask about it and Yifan never mention it either so he is very curious about what Yifan thought of him that day. "It was funny, right? The way he dressed..."

 

"A white hoodie... over a white t-shirt, with small stars all over... a white pants..."

 

Joonmyeon stares intently at Yifan that eyes still fixed at his phone screen. He knew he shouldn't have worn that hoodie. He sees Yifan smiling as he tilts his head closer to his shoulder.

 

"I always wonder... how come his clothes didn't get dirty... when he fall down from Heaven..."

 

Joonmyeon's eyes widen and he can feel his face getting warmer by the seconds. He bites his lower lips. Did he heard it right? Maybe Yifan is just teasing with him, like he always does. He hears a gasp and Yifan's eyes are staring deep into him.

 

"Angels have wings, right? Hehehe... That is why... hehehe, silly me..."

 

Joonmyeon smiles widely, watching Yifan turning back his focus to his phone. He leans closer and places a kiss on Yifan's cheek, before pulling away to rest his chin on Yifan's shoulder. He breathes in and Yifan's cologne that he like so much fills his senses. It makes him warm and fuzzy inside and he love those feelings. It is also a habit that he didn't even noticed until Baekhyun pointed it out to him one day, while they were hanging out at his apartment watching television after they had their lunch. Yifan fell asleep and he was moving Yifan's head from his shoulder to his lap when he noticed Baekhyun was smiling at him before saying that he looked so peaceful whenever Yifan is near him.

 

"Ah! But, where did he put his wings? Are the wings foldable? Or, or it disappear when... when he landed on Earth?"

 

Joonmyeon snaps from his thoughts and chuckles, breathing Yifan's scent again.

 

"Wha... what do you think, mister waiter? The first one or, or... my, my bet is on the second one... Joonmyeon's wings... My angel's wings..."

 

Joonmyeon kisses Yifan's cheek again. "Silly one.... you, are my angel."

 

"My Joonmyeon..."

 

Joonmyeon watches in amusement as Yifan blinks his eyes repeatedly. He sees Yifan tracing a finger at his picture on the phone screen, a smile slowly forming on his lips. Yifan seems to have calm down a little.

 

"I love him so much..."

 

Joonmyeon can feel Yifan's movement as he takes a deep breath before exhaling it. He follows as Yifan straightens himself to lean comfortably against the wall of the room, his kness still pressed against his chest but his eyes never left his phone. "Yifan..."

 

"You know, mister waiter sir, today is actually his birthday..."

 

Joonmyeon nods, waiting patiently for Yifan's next words.

 

"But, I wasn't there... to celebrate it with him... I... I..."

 

Joonmyeon hears a faint laugh. He turns his head fully to look at Yifan.

 

"I chose work over the love of my life... Ha... Aren't I the worst?"

 

Joonmyeon shakes. He knows Yifan is a busy person. He knows about the project that Yifan is working on. Yifan had told him that he will try to leave early and they will celebrate his birthday together with their friends but Yifan couldn't come. To say that he wasn't disappointed is a lie but he knows. Yifan has his reason and he understands it completely. He squeezes Yifan's arm gently. "You are great person, Yifan." He earns a headshake.

 

"You don't know me, mister waiter... That is why you can say that... "

 

Joonmyeon sees Yifan bringing his phone closer to his face before kissing it, sighing as he pulls the device away.

 

"I... I wronged him so many times... and... and I promised myself that I will make it up to him but... ha... I am the worst..."

 

Joonmyeon lets his mind wander, trying to think these 'wrongs' Yifan mentioned but he couldn't come up with anything. One thing that popped up in his head is how sweet Yifan was when he gave him his homemade chocolate for their first White Day last year. He was expecting to receive another one this year too but Yifan gave him a box of chocolate from that expensive chocolate shop instead, saying that he doesn't want him to die from chocolate poisoning.

 

"It was last year when I caught a terrible cold..."

 

Joonmyeon exhales, remembering the day.

 

"He... he had to take a day off to take care of me... I... I don't like going to hospitals and I made... I made him missed his work..."

 

Joonmyeon chuckles as he listens to Yifan's rambling about that day. If anyone to blame for that, it is him. It was him that made Yifan sick. He dragged Yifan out to play in the rain in the middle of the night as he has lost the mood to continue watching the movie they rented for their movie night. It was just a drizzle but they probably stayed a bit too long that Yifan caught a cold a few days later. The cold must be worst than he thought because Yifan doesn't seem to remember he apologizing again and again for making him sick.

 

"And I even broke his leg!"

 

Joonmyeon startles when Yifan suddenly turned to him, his hand tugging his sleeve.

 

"Mister, I broke my Joonmyeon's leg! What heartless person I am, breaking the love of my life's leg..."

 

Joonmyeon furrows as he stares at Yifan that is hiding his face in his hands, sobbing. What is Yifan talking about? "You broke my leg? When? Why didn't I know about this?" He hears an answer but it came out as a mumble because Yifan still has his hands cupping his face. "Wu Yifan..."

 

"That... that time... I teached Joonmyeon basketball..."

 

Joonmyeon blinks once. If he remembers correctly, there this one time, he and Yifan just came back from Yifan's friend's wedding when he asked Yifan to stop at a park. At was nearly dawn and they really should head home but the sun was rising and he just wanted to watch the sun rise with Yifan. He had Yifan's arms circling his waist, hugging him from behind, and Yifan's lips kissing his neck, before Yifan settled his chin on his shoulder as they watched the sun rise from the horizon. They decided to walk a little bit more and that was when Yifan spotted an empty basketball court with a tattered ball under one of the rings.

 

"I... I don't know what came over me... Joonmyeon, he... I know he was tired... we both were but... I... I just had to teach him basketball..."

 

Joonmyeon nods. They were indeed tired, they were still wearing suits from the wedding, but Yifan looked so cool dribbling the ball and and making tricks before shooting it into the hoop that he agreed when Yifan wanted to teach him. And that was when it happened. Somewhere in the middle of it, he tripped over Yifan's foot and fell down. It was just a minor sprain and no bone in his leg were broken but Yifan kept saying sorry even after his ankle healed.

 

"I... just wanted to show off... That's it. You... you are right, mister waiter sir. There is no other explaination. I... Joonmyeon's look at the wedding... I... I want to be that person he could depend on... I want be the one that always... always make him happy... but I... I broke his leg instead! What is wrong with me?!"

 

Joonmyeon startles when Yifan looked at him with wide eyes.

 

"Tell me, mister waiter, what is wrong with me?!"

 

Joonmyeon chuckles as Yifan sobs back into his hands, mumbling something about leg and ball. He presses their shoulders tighter, his hand holding Yifan's arm firmly. "There is nothing wrong with you, Yifan. You are perfect in every way and I couldn't even wish more than that." He tilts his head and rest it on Yifan's shoulder. "I know I could depend on you when you carried me on your back that day while muttering sorry repeatedly." He sighs contently. "And you always make me happy, even when you are not around. Just thinking about you is enough to make me smile."

 

"And... and that is why... I thought..."

 

Joonmyeon distances himself from Yifan a little as he watches Yifan straightening his legs, with hands in his pockets before one of it pulling a small box from inside of it. He blinks in disbelief when Yifan opened the small box to reveal a silver ring placed inside it. He parts his mouth to speak but closes it back when Yifan sighed.

 

"I want to marry him. I want to propose to him on his birthday and I want us to get married on my birthday. Then we can have a child on his next birthday and another one on mine. He is going to be a great parent because he is already taking care of me and our kids will grow up and be the great person they are and we will be so proud of them. We will watch them get married and wish them to live happily ever after like we are."

 

Joonmyeon blinks and he feels droplets of water falling down his cheeks. He furrows, wondering what is happening. He wipes it with the back of his hand and blinks again, only for another droplets of water wetting his cheeks again. He is crying.

 

"I love him so much. And I don't know if I can continue living without him by my side. That is why... this ring..."

 

Joonmyeon purses his lips, blinks repeatedly and swallows his sobs but the tears don't stop falling. He holds his breath when Yifan turned to face him, hoping he won't notice his puffed eyes and short breath. Yifan is looking at him longingly and he darts his gaze down, to see Yifan's hands bringing up the the small box before stopping just below his chin. He looks back up and sees Yifan's lips had formed a small smile, the one he always has whenever they pull away after a kiss.

 

"Kim Joonmyeon..."

 

Joonmyeon flinches as Yifan inches closer, his thumb caressing his wet cheek.

 

"...will you marry me?"

 

Joonmyeon lets out the breath he was holding for he doesn't remember how long and stares into Yifan's orbs. Yifan called his name. He didn't stutter.

 

"Mine..."

 

Joonmyeon closes his eyes, feeling Yifan's lips on his own. He can feels Yifan's warm hand cupping his jaw, tilting his head a little as he deepens the kiss. He lets his tears fall, doesn't even care if Yifan hear his choked sobs. His heart is overflowing with happiness that he couldn't describe it in words and he knows Yifan will understand that the tears he is shedding isn't a sad ones. He feels Yifan pulling away and he smiles when Yifan put their foreheads together.

 

"Let me..."

 

Joonmyeon casts his gaze down at his hand, watching Yifan slipping the silver band around his ring finger. He looks up when Yifan hooked a finger under his chin and smiles him the small smile again. "Yifan..."

 

"We are getting married."

 

Joonmyeon nods, lips smiling so wide that he is sure they reach up to his ears. They are getting married.

 

"Like this..."

 

Joonmyeon listens.

 

"...he is sure going to accept my proposal, right, right, mister waiter sir? Hehehe... because, because it was perfect and, and... and I didn't stutter and, and..."

 

Joonmyeon blinks once, and then twice before looking down at his lap, where Yifan has falling asleep on it. Faint snores can be heard and he blinks again. Did Yifan just used him that he mistook as a waiter to practice his proposal that he prepared for him? He blinks for the last time, realization dawns upon him. Does that mean he didn't actually get proposed to? He scrunches his face in anger, poking Yifan's cheek and pinching his nose. "You! Wu Yifan..." He brings his other hand to his ringed finger, wanting to take the band off but pauses when he heard Yifan giggles.

 

"Hehehe... marry..."

 

Joonmyeon puffs his cheeks, completely angry. "Who wants to marry you?!"

 

"Kim Joonmyeon..."

 

Joonmyeon stops pulling the ring, it has reached his fingernail, and sees Yifan is smiling, with eyes still close shut.

 

"...I love you..."

 

Joonmyeon breaths in, holding it for a moment before letting it out. He stares at the ring dangling at the end of his finger and smiles, slowly slipping it into its place again. He stares down at Yifan, tracing his finger along Yifan's jawline. "I love you too, Love." He bends down, catching Yifan's lips with his own.

 

"Mine..."

 

Joonmyeon sighs contently, eyes fix at his engagement ring. He can't wait to see Yifan's reaction tomorrow when he realized they already engage without him knowing.