Dongwoon is jealous

I Like You Best

 

Dongwoon’s P.O.V

I turned away from Doojoon and Gikwang, laughing so hard that I had tears coming out of my eyes. These guys. Then I saw Yoseob Hyung walking with his arms around a girl who looked a lot like IU. I quickly wiped my tears away and rubbed my eyes. What was I seeing?! It was Yoseob with his arms around IU! WHAT THE HELL?! 

I saw IU say something to Yoseob and I turned back to Gikwang and Doojoon, trying to ignore what I saw. What was Yoseob Hyung to her? How did they know each other? Does he like her? He never said anything about her before! I swear he told me he likes… never mind – HE HAS HIS ARM AROUND MY GIRL! MY. GIRL. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Yoseob walking towards us. I ignored the fact that he was walking towards us and continued to laugh at Gikwang and Doojoon’s crazy antics.

Suddenly, I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I turned around and Yoseob had his arm around Gikwang and was smiling at me. The smile that said “I know something that you don’t.” I don’t like this. Not one bit at all.

“What are you guys up to?” asked Yoseob.

I looked at Junhyung, who was sitting on the bricks and saw that he rolled his eyes and shrugged.

“It’s Gikwang and Doojoon. These kids,” said Hyunseung, leaning against wall.

Yoseob then moved his arm off Gikwang’s shoulder and turned to face me.

“Guess what?!”

“What?” I snapped.

Yoseob looked surprised.

“Sorry Hyung. It’s just that I’m not in a good mood today.”

Gikwang gave me a look.

“You were laughing so hard that you were crying a few minutes ago… why are you in a bad mood?”

I sighed.

“Don’t worry about it.”

Yoseob looked at me questioningly and ignored my comment while the other guys went back to mucking around.

“Dongwoon ah! I have REALLY REALLY good news for you,” said Yoseob, trying to get my attention again. 

When I didn’t reply, he continued talking.

“You know, I was just talking to my friend IU and she asked me about you…”

My curiosity got the better of me and before I knew it, I asked Yoseob about what she asked.

“She just asked about you…”

“SHE ASKED ABOUT ME?!” I asked, while smiling so hard  that I probably looked more creepy than my usual... "decent-looking" self.

Doojoon, Gikwang, Hyunseung and Junhyung all stopped whatever they were doing and looked at me. Yoseob jumped up and down, pointing at me and yelled.

“I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! YOU WERE LOOKING IN THE DIRECTION OF THOSE TWO GIRLS THE OTHER DAY AND YOU WOULDN’T ANSWER WHEN I ASKED WHICH ONE IT WAS! IT’S JIEUN! I KNEW IT!”

“HYUNG! SHH! PEOPLE ARE STARING!” I cried.

“Jieun…?” asked Gikwang.

“Who’s Jieun?” asked Doojoon.

“What’s Yoseob talking about, Dongwoon?” asked Hyunseung.

Junhyung just gave me a weird look.

“I…I umm…” I laughed nervously. The guys were all staring at me expectantly. I felt so... violated with them all staring like that.

I didn't know where to start or what to tell them.

“I……”

“DONGWOON LIKES SOMEONE!” yelled Yoseob.

I pushed him lightly. Oh gosh. I was going to… take it slow and bring it up gradually but Yoseob comes and just yells it to the whole world. I face palmed myself.

“REALLY?!”

“OMG!”

“I KNEW IT!”

“Who is it?” asked Junhyung.

“Her name is Lee Jieun,” stated Yoseob.

 “YOSEOB! Do you like her or do I like her? You seem to be doing the talking for me.”

“Sorry.”

Her name is Lee Jieun. I knew it. Her real name is just as pretty as she is. So IU is just a nickname. Then,  the guys started bombarding me with questions.

“What grade is she in?”

“What does she look like?”

“Is she pretty?”

The bell rang. THANK GOD.

I quickly dragged Yoseob away to avoid answering any of their questions. They’ll have to wait until later. I ignored Yoseob’s protests against me dragging him away and let myself think. After a nearly a month of crushing on her, I finally found out her name, thanks to Yoseob. I guess IU is a nickname. Gosh. I didn’t even know what grade she was in. I thought about how Yoseob looked VERY close to her. Time to make him talk, since we were going to be in the same class next period. He was going to tell me something anyway.

“Hey Hyung? What did she ask about me ? What grade is she in?”

“Let go of me first! Our classmates must think we’re really strange with you dragging me by the arm like that!”

I apologised as I let go of my tight grip on his sleeve.

“So what was it?”

Yoseob laughed.

“Look at you, so eager to hear find out about Jieun.”

“Lee  ...Jieun? That’s her name right?”

“Yeah. We call her IU.”

“SO… that can’t be all you have to tell me…”

HURRY UP YOSEOB!

“She asked if I knew you. I said I did and I asked her why. Then she very obviously avoided the question and ran away with her friend, blushing. She's in the grade below us.”

Hmm... no wonder why I didn't see her much before. It was all good. She wasn't THAT much younger. She was perfect. 

“So…?”

“I’ll talk to her. I have a hunch and I’m normally right about it. I have a feeling she likes you,” said Yoseob, nudging me.

“She likes me.” I stated. Ugh. I kinda sounded up myself but it was true. She did like me. She said so herself. 

Yoseob stopped walking.

“How are you so sure…? You haven’t even spoken to her yet… or have you?”

“Let’s just say… I overheard her telling her friend that she likes me,” I smiled.

“WAAAAH! YOU SHOULD TOTALLY TALK TO HER!”

“NO! I can’t just walk up to her and just randomly talk to her!”

“THAT'S HOW PEOPLE MAKE FRIENDS! GOSH DONGWOON!"

"NO! It would be really awkward and I might scare her off..."

"Fine. I’ll introduce you sometime.”

“Yeah… we’ll see.”

As we got into the classroom and sat down, the image of Yoseob with his arm around IU flashed in my mind. Wanting to get my facts straight and not assume anything, I leaned over the aisle to Yoseob.

“Hyung, how do you know her? Are you guys close?”

“She’s my friend from middle school. She’s like my little sister that I never had.”

“BOYS! STOP TALKING IMMEDIATELY!” scolded Miss Kim.

We apologised and turned back to the front. I tried not to smile. He just considered her as a little sister AND he was going to introduce us soon. I opened my books and stared at the whiteboard. 

Lee Jieun and Son Dongwoon. Sounds good to me.